Mens winter coats 2011

CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
Forum Member
✭✭
Wondering what type of coat to get for the winter. Got my eye on a cool new green duffle coat that was on Fashion Beans but not sure wether to get a pea coat instead. any guys having a winter coat dilemma? :D

Comments

• whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you're a guy, unless you have a certain type of look, a green duffle coat is almost certainly a big no no! get the pea coat.
  • GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pea coats are nice, v smart. You can pretend you are on Das Boot.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a male. The green duffle coat I saw looked really cool. It wasn't bright neon green or anything, sort of a mid shade. The guy wearing it looked pretty good, but then, I'm not a model!
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    I am a male. The green duffle coat I saw looked really cool. It wasn't bright neon green or anything, sort of a mid shade. The guy wearing it looked pretty good, but then, I'm not a model!

Yes. Like I say, if you have a certain look you may be able to carry it off, but I don't know what you look like so I can't make a judgement on that obviously. I think a pea coat is more versatile though.
  • gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    Pea coats are nice, v smart. You can pretend you are on Das Boot.

Peacoats are really nice - warm and stylish (especially with a scarf in winter). Tesco have started stocking them for £40, and the quality looks pretty good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been looking at Pea Coats but not really convinced yet.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pea coats have the added advantages of being werable in smart and casual environments, and the shape of them can enhance the wearer's shape if you're perhaps not entirely fit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    Pea coats have the added advantages of being werable in smart and casual environments, and the shape of them can enhance the wearer's shape if you're perhaps not entirely fit.

Well I'm tall and slim so that's not really an issue. Next time I'm shopping I might try a few on and see how they look.
  • JOSWolfJOSWolf Posts: 2,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a really nice blue duffle style coat in River Island today. It was quite steep, though, at £80 but I may get it in the next few weeks.
  • Vanilla CreamsVanilla Creams Posts: 288
    Forum Member
    Could any show me a link to one of the coats that Jack Branning wears in Eastenders?

Long black fur type of coat that goes down to your knees?