Comments

• Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Ohhhh gutted with the result ... Hmmm the Aussie one looks amusing though
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    Just watched the finale, horrible winners ugh, very disappointing finale, the show really fell apart after the first rounds. Be interesting to see iuf they do another series?
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    newkid30 wrote: »
    Just watched the finale, horrible winners ugh, very disappointing finale, the show really fell apart after the first rounds. Be interesting to see iuf they do another series?
    Went off Danny & Kev after they started to do tactical voting, after there awful dinner - there comments too, I didn't like - I wonder if the other couples will change their mind about them, after seeing the series.

With Emma & Phil: I got to like them as the weeks went on....but there downfall, was Phil's inexperience in the Kitchen.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final was very poor and the winners were dreadful imho

The earlier rounds were far better than the rushed final rounds i think.

I just found many of the contestants difficult to like but i do like the concept of the show and hope it returns with more likeable contestants.
  • Options
    newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »

I just found many of the contestants difficult to like but i do like the concept of the show and hope it returns with more likeable contestants.

Agree with all of this, good format, need better casting next time around
  • Options
    MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    gilesb wrote: »

Im guessing who won by the comments

Agree with you, I think the series was a bit copy and paste from other series and the producers were unsure of the popularity so they were testing the waters a bit

Its a shame as it started so well but with in the end the first round had no bearing on the rest of the competition and the good cooks were eliminated one by one. Not even an underdog to cheer for!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know if anyone is watching the new MKR Australia or if there is a thread for it but GOD Mark is a complete tool!!!!
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RFS wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone is watching the new MKR Australia or if there is a thread for it but GOD Mark is a complete tool!!!!

I can't find a Mark in any Aus series of MKR.
  • Options
    jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    triton333 wrote: »
    I can't find a Mark in any Aus series of MKR.

They're currently showing the very first episodes of MKR on Sky Living, his name was Marc (Teacher-Western Australia) and was eliminated after the first round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes sorry that was my bad - that was a typo on the iPad - but either way the wheels came off spectacularly for this guy after all his smuggy-mcsmugness!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes sorry that was my bad - that was a typo on the iPad - but either way the wheels came off spectacularly for this guy after all his smuggy-mcsmugness!
    It was how he was reacting to the last couples meal, that was the best meal of the week, and that they were on the way out, that got me.....bad loser.

I was looking forward to the next round, this week, but they bring out more on Fridays episode - their's only so many group meals I can take, last night's was the worst, with the fire in the back garden.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Stansfield wrote: »
    It was how he was reacting to the last couples meal, that was the best meal of the week, and that they were on the way out, that got me.....bad loser.

I was looking forward to the next round, this week, but they bring out more on Fridays episode - their's only so many group meals I can take, last night's was the worst, with the fire in the back garden.

hahaha yeah when the coal set fire to the lamb and he just put the lid back on, I thought... ummm that ain't gonna end well for the baa-lamb buddy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jake lyle wrote: »
    They're currently showing the very first episodes of MKR on Sky Living, his name was Marc (Teacher-Western Australia) and was eliminated after the first round.

Ah, okay. I've looked up that team but I don't even recognize them, it's been so long since that series was on here. Every series has been pretty good, so I hope you get them all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ah, okay. I've looked up that team but I don't even recognize them, it's been so long since that series was on here. Every series has been pretty good, so I hope you get them all.

How many series have you had now then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Better one last night - with Veronica's lovely Dumplings.....the dessert wasn't that bad too.;)

70 points too.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How many series have you had now then?

Last night was the 42nd episode of series 5. The end is in sight, but episodes 41-45 are being used to eliminate one team to leave four teams for the finals. Series 1 has only 16 episodes.

One possible problem with airing later series in the UK is the episode lengths. They are running way over time most nights so I don't think they would fit neatly in 60 minutes including ads. That creates headaches for programmers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last night was the 42nd episode of series 5. The end is in sight, but episodes 41-45 are being used to eliminate one team to leave four teams for the finals. Series 1 has only 16 episodes.

One possible problem with airing later series in the UK is the episode lengths. They are running way over time most nights so I don't think they would fit neatly in 60 minutes including ads. That creates headaches for programmers.
    You've mentioned the episodes before, which I still find amazing - I'm hoping they show more then one a week.;-)

Great one last nigh {from season 1} - with Holly {bursting out} & Grace 'just friends' - all the other couple's thought they had no chance, more fool them. They were very good, and 66 points.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've mentioned the episodes before, which I still find amazing - I'm hoping they show more then one a week.;-)

Yes, usually four episodes a week. It's now on a break for Easter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cracks me up all the "we know our food we are so good and sophisticated" people get knocked out for screwing up the basics!

Although Peter Evans' Shatner-esque delivery of his critique amuses me highly!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 2.5 hour series 5 grand final (ep. 48) is on tonight! The show gets a lot of mainstream and social media attention here in Aus so beware of spoilers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The 2.5 hour series 5 grand final (ep. 48) is on tonight! The show gets a lot of mainstream and social media attention here in Aus so beware of spoilers.
    We're on your second 2nd series over here - halfway through the instant restaurants, stage.

It's addictive.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am just catching up after a week away but I have another week away so trying to watch as much as I can. Love we are starring into the next season of the Australian one
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We're on your second 2nd series over here - halfway through the instant restaurants, stage.

It's addictive.:o

Yes, it really is. I will miss it now the current series is over. Masterchef Aus 6 starts next week, so at least there won't be a cooking competition vacuum
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just at the end of the instant restaurants - gawd how IRRITATING is Melanie???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Just at the end of the instant restaurants - gawd how IRRITATING is Melanie???

Agree! She is so depressing, every comment was negative. Imagine living with her.

Just on Mal & Bec's episode (1st pair from 2nd group). OMG bad use of cooking time:o

Loving MKR Australia, surprised no thread on it. Loving Manu;-)