Do you have to buy the 3D glasses at the Odeon?

Nellie1000Nellie1000 Posts: 1,664
Forum Member
✭✭✭
A group of us are going to the Odeon cinema tonight to see Alice In Wonderland. Do we have to buy the 3D glasses or are they handed out free?
Would be handy to know as I'm collecting the money up from everyone to go and buy the tickets this lunch time.

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nellie1000 wrote: »
    A group of us are going to the Odeon cinema tonight to see Alice In Wonderland. Do we have to buy the 3D glasses or are they handed out free?
    Would be handy to know as I'm collecting the money up from everyone to go and buy the tickets this lunch time.

Thanks

Everywhere else are free, so should be at Odeon too!
    You should be able to return them after for recylcing also, make sure you do it!;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Al_T3D wrote: »
    Everywhere else are free, so should be at Odeon too!
    You should be able to return them after for recylcing also, make sure you do it!;)

Not everywhere does them free. At Cineworld you have to pay 80p for them. But then they are yours to keep so the more 3D films you see the less it works out you paid.

I'm going past an Odeon this afternoon. I'll pop in and ask. Check back here after about 3:30 and I'll have an definate answer.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Odeon in Manchester don't charge for them & they always make sure they get them back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    Back earlier than I thought. :)

I popped into the Odeon in Greenwich, London. The glasses are free. I asked if you have to give them back. She told me you can give them back for recycling but didn't say you had too. If you do i would rather pay the 80p that Cineworld chage and keep them. That way you can get your tickets in advance, online or from the machine and not have to bother queing up at the box office.

Anyway there is the answer. Yep they're free.!

Also the tickets for the film are £11 and not the usual £8.75. I hope you all enjoy the film. :)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are free and you can also keep them after the film.
  • floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    The glasses aren't free no matter which cinema chain you visit. The increased ticket price for 3D films includes using the glasses so you're paying for them when you buy the ticket. It's all part of the cost of seeing 3D. If you're being charged extra for the glasses after you've paid the extra ticket price, I think you're getting ripped off.

I would avoid any cinema chain asking you to pay for the ticket price and then charging extra for the glasses. I never returned my glasses after I saw Avatar at Vue Cinema and the glasses were part of the ticket price, I didn't pay extra for them.

"Ha ha @ Vue Cinema, you suckers, I kept them and you ain't getting them back!"

Ah, I feel better for saying that. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Vue charge on each adult ticket an extra £1.80 for the glasses. I would imagine that at the volume that Vue buy them in at - possibly 30p or less per pair - its a nice little earner for Vue.