Coach Trip 2013./2014

Comments

• PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm-a-pain wrote: »
    Have watched from the beginning and would have liked Darren and James to win, and really wouldn't have liked any other of the remaining couples to win, but there you. Go, could have been worse! Can't believe Raz and Elv got a vote!

xx

I wanted them to win too - they were funny without going OTT with it. I liked the way they voted for the main part fairly and didn't go with the general concensus . Felt sorry for Zak and Ravinda being voted off - with only four days to go I'm sure that they could have got through to the end if some others had been yellow carded - three more couples could have got the yellow card without Zak and Ravinda being redcarded. I liked the way Darren and James weren't afraid to stand up to Elv.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we all getting gold-edged invitations to this Q&A or should we quietly wait until he's "prepared" himself for the session :confused::D

Or is someone trying to mug us off? ;-):D

Strange how the bruv-in-law turned up.
  • PigsMightFlyPigsMightFly Posts: 15,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just like to add, for Julia getting so emotional in the final vote about Emily just goes to show how much editing is done as they didn't show much of them together in the show.

Fair play to all of them, it's made good television viewing or we wouldn't be chatting about them on here.

Bring on Roy's Q&A session :p

I think Julia came across really well. They showed more of Roy but you could see she has a good sense of humour and was really enjoying herself.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »

Maybe he's the "warm up man" before His Royal Highness Sir Roy the Legend deigns us with his presence :D
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone form this series posted?
  • EthelTEthelT Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    Yes, Ian has posted
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member

Whys it strange that I've turned up?

I've been following this thread since it started and didn't post until yesterday because I knew the result.

I'm not here as a "warm up" for Roy thank you very much.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe he's the "warm up man" before His Royal Highness Sir Roy the Legend deigns us with his presence :D

Julia must be busy dusting his crown, ironing his cloak and polishing his trumpet - so he can blow it as loud as he can! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whys it strange that I've turned up?

I've been following this thread since it started and didn't post until yesterday because I knew the result.

I'm not here as a "warm up" for Roy thank you very much.

OK keep your drawers on! :D:D:D

Have Roy and Julia kept in touch with Penelope?:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EthelT wrote: »
    Yes, Ian has posted

Oh dear, he didn't last long. What did he say?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kick, were you on the coach?

EDIT: I see you're related to Roy.

Roy and Julia were terrific. Roy deserves a medal for putting up with Darren and James for all that time.

Will Roy be joining us?
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Julia must be busy dusting his crown, ironing his cloak and polishing his trumpet - so he can blow it as loud as he can! :D

She seems to be doing a good job of blowing her own trumpet by the looks of her latest post on FB :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TBH I've found this thread far more entertaining than the show the show has annoyed me for the last couple of weeks but the thread always makes me laugh. :)
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't like Annabelle and Emily as I'm not a fan of anybody playing up on being stupid to try to make themselves popular. But if, as so many of us suspect, they were largely faking it, the rest of the coachies probably weren't subjected to such a barrage of stupidity as us as the girls would have saved it for the pieces to camera.

I thought Julia came over very well in the final vote. It's a shame their story focused on 1970s man Roy rather than showing a more balanced view of the couple.

Bit of a dull series really - repetitive activities, not enough cultural and historical information and not particularly likeable travellers who still didn't really cause enough tension to be entertaining in a bad way.

That said, if Coach Trip is back, I'll be back too as it is a nice half hour of escapism at the end of the working day!
  • PoolioPoolio Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    I was very disappointed by the route of the coach - at the start I'm sure Brendan said they were going to places they've never been before or something along those lines to suggest it would be a bit different or imaginative. Apart from Luxembourg and Sardinia though it was basically all along the south coast of France and then down to places down the Spanish coast. I like visiting those two countries but have preferred the series where they get to go to some of Eastern Europe and the less-visited, obscure places along with the popular cities.
  • tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy for the girls. They are worthy winners.

It's been a decent series. It's just a shame Darren and James managed to last so long. I wish them nothing but misery in the future.

What on earth have Darren and James done to deserve that?? I thought they were perfectly OK, and I liked the way they didn't go with the herd in the voting.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,547
    Forum Member
    EthelT wrote: »
    Yes, Ian has posted

Did anyone go and meet him at that Hotel :blush: i thought that was a bit odd :kitty:
  • hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Did anyone go and meet him at that Hotel :blush: i thought that was a bit odd :kitty:

He is still there, signing autographs.:D

Not at all sure why somebody on and off in the shortest possible time, or someone joint fourth is worthy of a Q and A.

Perhaps they discussed it while on the bus, as they seemed to get on so well together.:)
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    About to watch my recording from the beginning.

Not impressed by people acting dumb to make yourself appealing. I can’t think of any other country where this happens apart from the Valley Girls in California and I suspect that is mainly fiction.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    About to watch my recording from the beginning.

Not impressed by people acting dumb to make yourself appealing. I can’t think of any other country where this happens apart from the Valley Girls in California and I suspect that is mainly fiction.

Don't blink, you might miss Ian.:)
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Don't blink, you might miss Ian.:)

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for him. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    I’ll keep my eyes peeled for him. :)