Options

Anyone else notice the long, dragged out pauses before the EE duff duffs?

ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
Forum Member
✭✭✭
They just seem to be happening every episode now. I find it really detracting. The cliff hangers have gotten better, but it's like the characters are holding a moment of silence every time before we hear the duff duffs. :D

Is it more the editors fault? Leaving the end reactions too long before the duffs?

Or is it just me? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the ek are duff duffs:confused:
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Maybe they are copying the likes of X Factor, Big Brother, SCD ect, they all have long......dramatic.......pauses.......
  • Options
    danlrwilliamsdanlrwilliams Posts: 412
    Forum Member

Think of the EastEnders theme tune and as soon as it starts, in our head or out loud say 'duff duff' a few times in time with the theme tune... it's what they're called.
  • Options
    Joseph_McDonaldJoseph_McDonald Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    They're trying to create tension so that the cliffhanger will stick in the viewer's mind, making them more likely to tune in. At least, in theory.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They are new characters introduced as Shirleys secret relatives.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    They are new characters introduced as Shirleys secret relatives.

Lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're trying to create tension so that the cliffhanger will stick in the viewer's mind, making them more likely to tune in. At least, in theory.

That's a good theory. They've got their point across, they are certainly standing out to me anyways :D
  • Options
    sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think of the EastEnders theme tune and as soon as it starts, in our head or out loud say 'duff duff' a few times in time with the theme tune... it's what they're called.

Thanks, i get it now:D

I can be a bit slow on some of the forum speak.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, i get it now:D

I can be a bit slow on some of the forum speak.:blush:

I used to be the same. Before I joined the forums with an account. I used to read threads and I used to think what on earth does TPTB (the powers that be) mean!? :D lol
  • Options
    hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not a new thing with EE to do long silent pauses before the duff duffs. They are maybe more common now than before, but they have done them for as long as I can remember. You notice it most when the following episode starts exactly where the last episode finished, but with the pause removed. It looks silly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not a new thing with EE to do long silent pauses before the duff duffs. They are maybe more common now than before, but they have done them for as long as I can remember. You notice it most when the following episode starts exactly where the last episode finished, but with the pause removed. It looks silly.

Yeah I know they've been done before. Just being more common now, thus noticeable. Some could afford to be a bit shorter. But on the grand scale of things, I don't think my nit pick really touches the radar. lol. :)