Options

Please please don't let Brendan get Alison

2»

Comments

• Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are you calling Alison Hammond ghastly? She's a bubbly, warm, likeable character IMO and it's way too early to say she'll be bad
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan is a fabulous dancer and choreographer and I can't bear the thought of him being lumbered with the ghastly Hammond woman. Nor do I want him to get injured.

Actually I find this sort of post a little offensive. I don't know Alison Hammond and I assume that 99% of the posters here don't actually know her either, so how can you say that she is " ghastly"? I can see that she is a fun, bubbly person and perhaps, for some tastes, a little loud, but does that make her "ghastly"? Of course, I have my own likes and dislikes, there are some people that you just don't take to, but on a show like SCD, after a while, usually I start to warm to them. I neither like or dislike her but will give her a chance whoever she is partenered with.
    As for Brendan getting injured, he is far too experienced to let that happen. Brendan is one of my favourite pro's because he really does know what he is doing.
  • Options
    Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm hoping for Alison to get Tony Beak, and then they can both sod off in week one. That would be perfect.
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brendan is a fabulous dancer and choreographer and I can't bear the thought of him being lumbered with the ghastly Hammond woman. Nor do I want him to get injured.

Thankfully Brendan is a damn sight more gracious than you.
  • Options
    yorkshire belleyorkshire belle Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CC - flisstaylor here how are you, ditto you post
  • Options
    Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CC - flisstaylor here how are you, ditto you post

Hello Lovely :D
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're both right on your assessment of Brendan's previous celeb partners. (I'm not commenting about this year's partner, especially as we don't actually know who it is yet.)

The difference is that penelopesimpson is looking at it with hindsight while 21stCenturyBoy was looking at it from the starting lineup perspective, ie, before the contestants even started their first day's training. On paper, Brendan's partners mostly looked like contenders and/or were high profile names. It was only after the first episode that we realised many of them weren't going to live up to pre-show expectations.
    Brendan has never, ever, ever been given an obvious duffer:

1) Natasha- Not an obvious contender but a young woman.
    2) Sarah- Young actress with stage school training.
    3) Fiona- Arguably the biggest name at the time that series.
    4) Claire- Older actress but with a very high profile.
    5) Kelly- Speaks for herself.
    6) Lisa- As above.
    7) Jo- The closest to a duffer but still, a model.
    8) Michelle- A girl band singer- natural rhythm.
    9) Lulu- Singing legend- everyone assumed she'd be good.
    10) Victoria- One of our most popular Olympians.
    11) Sophie- Again, a singer.

I'd put a different take on it...

) Natasha- Glamorous and hard working - and besotted with him. Beautiful pairing.
    2) Sarah- No discipline.
    3) Fiona- Made it clear right away that she had two left feet
    4) Claire- Older actress but with a very high profile.
    5) Kelly- Wonderful partnership, broken up by family tragedy
    6) Lisa- I loved this partnership but Lisa was that years Denise and had no chance
    7) Jo- Flaky
    8) Michelle- Natural rhythm? She was out of it the whole time and unappealling
    9) Lulu- A total self-obsessed prat
    10) Victoria- Ah, the needy Princess whom he was endlessly patient with
    11) Sophie- Again, a singer, and a great partnership, just not good enough

I just want to see Brendan do his best work, not lug the awful Hammond around the stage
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Mr_Eye wrote: »
    I'm hoping for Alison to get Tony Beak, and then they can both sod off in week one. That would be perfect.

Result!
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want Brendan to stay in for as long as possible so anyone as long as they can dance a bit I'll be happy with
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, but you're saying that with the benefit of hindsight, I was trying to offer what the producers must have thought before seeing any of them dance.

Brendan HAS had the best bite of the cherry when it comes to celebs in the starting line-up. Regardless of whether or not they actually performed up to standard is a different matter, but you couldn't really suggest any of his 12 partners were obvious duffers.

I think it's a little bit sizeist to assume that just because she's big Alison will be dreadful.

Fair point, although I do think the producers give Brendan the celebrities who may be hard to handle. I think it was pretty well known that Michelle and Jo Wood were what one might describe as emotional, and it was common knowlege that Victoria was needy and demanding. I was surprised that Lulu was such a diva, though.

I don't think I'm being particularly sizeist about Alison. My view is that she has traded on her size to get on - she is a poor interviewer and the so-called bubbliness leaves me cold. Physically, though, dancing is about creating beauty and I do not think that she and Brendan (or indeed anybody else of normal size) will create an attractive partnership. I am just wanting to see Brendan do what he does best - dance beautifully.