Options

EE: Will they mention the Scottish independence referendum result?

Comments

• Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    It would be a disgrace if there was no mention of the result this morning. They cannot not do it. I will complain to the BBC if it doesn't happen.
    The BBC can't look biased regarding the result. I think this time EastEnders will fail to mention this.

Not bothered TBH bored of hearing about it now anyway.
  • Options
    Melephunk2010Melephunk2010 Posts: 38,387
    Forum Member
    Not everything that happens in the world has to be mentioned in EE you know! ;)
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    :D:D Let me work that haggard haggis baby!

Ha! Stereotype. Hilarious.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like there will be no bbc complaint then. eastenders have announced they filmed two scenes and one will be shown tonight
  • Options
    kelly_barnardkelly_barnard Posts: 556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    would be funny if the accidently aired the wrong result 😄
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil ordered Scotland to stay part of the UK.

You head it here.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering the number of celebrity mentions they show they can show the independence debate
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Phil ordered Scotland to stay part of the UK.

You head it here.

phil ordered a no vote as proof he loves Shirley
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    would be funny if the accidently aired the wrong result 😄
    It's the BBC not ITV
    The BBC are true pros.

ITV managed to flick to someone sitting in the news room while England just scored a goal :D (not a one off either)
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see a mention of it. Preferably from Mick as landlord, maybe informing the rest of the pub or something. I doubt it'll happen but it'd be good. It'd actually be really interesting to have some characters debate the issue.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    srhgts wrote: »
    I'd like to see a mention of it. Preferably from Mick as landlord, maybe informing the rest of the pub or something. I doubt it'll happen but it'd be good. It'd actually be really interesting to have some characters debate the issue.

it will be there not sure it will be a debate tho.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Shirley has always liked a nibble of Philth's little fried mars bar...
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well Shirley has always liked a nibble of Philth's little fried mars bar...

:D:D:D
  • Options
    zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It happened
  • Options
    srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    I liked it, Tamwar was a good choice. :)
  • Options
    Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I read about that ages ago now though so I've forgotten some stuff. Weren't they all on the same fishing/trading routes and traded together in the past? Had Scandinavia colonised the islands at one point or am I thinking of somewhere else?

The Norse from Norway colonised the islands from the 9th century, a genetic survey has shown that a sizeable amount of genes of the Shetland and Orkney population originated in Norway. Yes they did trade and fish there.

Shetland and Orkney were under Norwegian rule for over 500 years, Caithness in northern mainland Scotland was also under Norse rule.
  • Options
    LilMissJenLilMissJen Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    It would be a disgrace if there was no mention of the result this morning. They cannot not do it. I will complain to the BBC if it doesn't happen.

Now you can sleep easy. People these day.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    The Norse from Norway colonised the islands from the 9th century, a genetic survey has shown that a sizeable amount of genes of the Shetland and Orkney population originated in Norway. Yes they did trade and fish there.

Shetland and Orkney were under Norwegian rule for over 500 years, Caithness in northern mainland Scotland was also under Norse rule.

Thanks :) I think I took more notice because my Great-Grandmother was from the Shetlands so it's a little bit of my heritage too! (I'm a right dolly mixture of the British Isles :D)

Anyway, I thought the segment fitted in really well. Surprisingly I found Tamwar to be an excellent and realistic choice as you can well imagine him devouring the news and Question Time! Jay was a nice touch too. Well done EE.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I followed the debates with interest, read the newspapers, watched the documentaries, changed my mind umpteen times, talked it over with friends and family.

I still couldn't give a monkey's as to whether or not Eastenders inserts two seconds of some characters making an awkward, tokenistic reference. The Michael Jackson one was cringeworthy. I don't see why any soap should be expected to do this - they're fiction not current affairs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I followed the debates with interest, read the newspapers, watched the documentaries, changed my mind umpteen times, talked it over with friends and family.

I still couldn't give a monkey's as to whether or not Eastenders inserts two seconds of some characters making an awkward, tokenistic reference. The Michael Jackson one was cringeworthy. I don't see why any soap should be expected to do this - they're fiction not current affairs.

it was actually done in a lovely little scene.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was actually done in a lovely little scene.

apart from Jay's apathy reaction. Pffft!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    apart from Jay's apathy reaction. Pffft!

true but tam was the perfect choice to mention it!
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I really hope Eastenders mentions the trip to the shop I took yesterday. It was historic.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    I really hope Eastenders mentions the trip to the shop I took yesterday. It was historic.

They are going, Phil and Shirley while naked in bed will talking about your adventage to the shop. :)
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »
    They are going, Phil and Shirley while naked in bed will talking about your adventage to the shop. :)

:D Wow! Not only will it be mentioned, but it will be done so in the sexiest way possible!!!!