Tues 25th May - Emmerdale versus Eastenders!

Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
who will win?

do you think that EE will gain more viewers tonite, or will they turn off?
Will Emerdales 'hour' special keep viewers entertained?
re: the ' Who Shot Jack Sugden?' saga!

or will viewers want to see Alfie slap his wayward cheating wife?

:D :eek: :D :eek:

Comments

• Early BirdEarly Bird Posts: 2,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any bets?

on viewer numbers....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is "Eastenders" ?
  • TigerzondaprowlTigerzondaprowl Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders will win probably because there's nothing happening on Emmerdale at the moment other than this Jack Sugden buisness, and over on EE Alfie has discovered Kat has cheated on him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    EE will definatly win more viewers tonight! Did you see what happened at the end last night?? Cliffhanger!! And besides its a 2-hander with 2 of the most successful characters in the Square so most will be tuning in for that.
  • alan45alan45 Posts: 3,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starlett wrote:
    EE will definatly win more viewers tonight! Did you see what happened at the end last night?? Cliffhanger!! And besides its a 2-hander with 2 of the most successful characters in the Square so most will be tuning in for that.

Oh how absolutely rivetting - Half an hour watching paint dry.

At least Emmerdale will have a few good storlines running during their 1 hour slot :)
  • KrisHaywardKrisHayward Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emmerdale is beta but im gonna watch ee bcus i wana c alfie watch the tape of kat and andy then confront kat
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Does anyone think the "Alfie slaps Kat" is an introduction to the darker side of the moon? now thats a ratings catcher! :eek:
  • BBCblobBBCblob Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE will win it has a stronger storyline this week, plus its the 'pick of the day' saying its back to ites best. Oh and Kat and Alfie are probably bankable. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    msf wrote:
    What is "Eastenders" ?
    LOL, good question!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE will win but what this fascination is with "double headers" I will never know. They are always dull, poorly acted and seem to go on forever.

Last night was hardly a cliffhanger, it would have been had Alfie NOT watched the tape and just had it in his hand ready to watch as Kat walked in (she could have asked where he got it from and tried to make an excuse not to watch it), but we KNOW he's seen it so wheres the cliffhanger there.

Now we will have 30 minutes of shouting, crying, over acting and tales of "ye olde" Alfie Moon and how he had to bring up Spencer & look after Nana.

I dont watch Emmerdale at all, but I dont know I can stomach 30 minutes of those 2, not straight after my tea!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBCblob wrote:
    EE will win it has a stronger storyline this week, plus its the 'pick of the day' saying its back to ites best. Oh and Kat and Alfie are probably bankable. ;)
    Who's pick of the day. Not all the newspapers are giving it "pick of the day" status today! :)
  • BBCblobBBCblob Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun, The Mirror - good enough for me ;)

The Mirror
    EastEnders (BBC1 7.30pm)

IF tonight's episode doesn't lure back viewers, EastEnders bosses have a problem on their hands.

It's one of those powerful two-handers the soap does so well - this time between Jesse Wallace and Shane Ritchie. Having watched the video of Andy and Kat, Alfie confronts his missus.

More please, EastEnders.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight's episode is completely wasted on me I'm afraid.

I can't bring myself to sit through 30 mins of Shane Richie 'acting' serious. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBCblob wrote:
    The Sun, The Mirror - good enough for me ;)

The Mirror
    But I also notice that The Mirror tuck away their "praise" for EE under a much bigger article on "Poor Little Rich Girls". Their BBC 1 "Choice" for the day is Cutting It.

I get the Mirror but after recent activity I don't trust much they tell us :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do TV journo's think that two-handers are so great?

With the exception of the first one (Den & Angie) they always bore me to tears. If I was writing for the Daily Mirror I would have ended that article with "no" more please Eastenders!
  • ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it will be a close call with a fair few people taping Eastenders instead although there isnt a lot going on in either soap tonight. Watching Alfie attempt to prove he is a dramatic actor and Kat raking over her past yet again are not my ideas of a fun half an hour but I may tape it and watchit later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if Alfie does slap Kat i think the writers will have just taken him a bit too far.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do TV journo's think that two-handers are so great?

With the exception of the first one (Den & Angie) they always bore me to tears. If I was writing for the Daily Mirror I would have ended that article with "no" more please Eastenders!

Yep even if the Daily Liar comes up with pictures of Eastenders in flames and someone pis***ng over Louise Berridege who could beleive it :yawn:
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EE will almost certainly win, because last week Emmerdale had a massive plot going on and EE has promoted their episode this week a lot.

I myself will be watching Emmerdale and I hope many others do the same. In any case, I hope they manage to dent EE's audience figures even if they don't beat them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're not on at the same time, so surely those who are still interested in EE and finding out what goes on between Kat and Alfie will tune in.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're not on at the same time, so surely those who are still interested in EE and finding out what goes on between Kat and Alfie will tune in.

emmerdale is on for an hour tonight :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale is on for an hour tonight so goes head to head with Eastenders from 7.30 onwards as it did last Tuesday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not again?
    Thanks i'll use you as my personal TV guide from now on.

Rubberymonkey stop double posting you post ho'e.
  • DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How I'd laugh if they did beat EE, though. A big storyline, another dramatic two-hander (oh joy :rolleyes: ) with just a relatively normal Emmerdale episode and it still gets more ratings.

Shame it ain't gonig to happen though, surely. I'm just hopnig it seriously dents their audience, if it can beat EE, then that's even better..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC will be left with no soap if EE dies.