✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Just replacing a different voice.

Eh?:confused:
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »
    I have to say Sal with Johnnie Walker, aided by Bob Ballard and Martin Shankelman was one of my favourite ever radio shows. It made the M42 / M5 crawl home a pleasure!
    Yes, miles better than Simon Mayo and his predictable show, the banter between Johnnie and Sally was excellent. I do recall a hilarious Mystery Voice where a sex shop owner started discussing his products and Sally burst into fits of laughter.
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Yes, miles better than Simon Mayo and his predictable show, the banter between Johnnie and Sally was excellent. I do recall a hilarious Mystery Voice where a sex shop owner started discussing his products and Sally burst into fits of laughter.

Simon Mayo's show is far from predictable. The wit, intelligence, interaction and laugh out loud humour rise a million miles above when Johnnie Walker was on Drivetime
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TUC wrote: »
    Simon Mayo's show is far from predictable. The wit, intelligence, interaction and laugh out loud humour rise a million miles above when Johnnie Walker was on Drivetime

Never been a fan, although I do like All Request Friday. I suppose being a Walker follower since the eighties might contribute to this.
  • PubcrawlerPubcrawler Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never been a fan, although I do like All Request Friday. I suppose being a Walker follower since the eighties might contribute to this.

Now that's the one show I don't listen to, can't stand it :(
    Everybody to their own :)
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrewn wrote: »
    I have to say Sal with Johnnie Walker, aided by Bob Ballard and Martin Shankelman was one of my favourite ever radio shows. It made the M42 / M5 crawl home a pleasure!
    bh21 wrote: »
    Agreed . drivetimes golden era if you ask me
    Does anyone know why she dropped out of Friday shows .

Definitely the good old days IMO.
  • bh21bh21 Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Pubcrawler wrote: »
    Now that's the one show I don't listen to, can't stand it :(
    Everybody to their own :)
    You mean you don't want to hear the parents get a request for Jemima and tarquin who are in their vintage car on the way to their sailing holiday
  • Station IDStation ID Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    You mean you don't want to hear the parents get a request for Jemima and tarquin who are in their vintage car on the way to their sailing holiday

I don't care who they are but they usually pick good songs which is what all request Friday is about.
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »
    I don't care who they are but they usually pick good songs which is what all request Friday is about.

Yeah I agree I like it too
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally is moving too weekends and Bobbi Pryor taking over weekdays. Basically a swap.

http://radiotoday.co.uk/2014/08/sally-traffic-moves-to-weekends-on-radio-2/
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,670
    Forum Member
    Sally is moving too weekends and Bobbi Pryor taking over weekdays. Basically a swap.

Reunited with Johnnie Walker on Sunday afternoons:)
  • ahall41116ahall41116 Posts: 107
    Forum Member

They obviously don't listen to radio 2, as sally hasn't done Fridays for ages. Her last shift was today. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder who's idea was it too swap?
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,670
    Forum Member
    Wonder who's idea was it too swap?

If you believe the story then Sally's I guess but who knows.
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    She has sounded very tired for a while. I liked it when she was on with Chris and the flirting that went on. Hopefully Graham Norton and Tony Blackburn can bring that humour back out of her
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    If you believe the story then Sally's I guess but who knows.

If I had to be patronised by Steve Wright on a daily basis I'd be asking for a transfer too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a short a long Saturday for Sally and short Sunday. The reports are every hour during Graham Norton shows then after the news from 2pm upto 8pm on a Saturday. On a Sunday it's out of the news from 2pm. They do that as some shows are prerecorded on a Sunday.

That could obviously change and report during live shows? I still think there is more of a weekend shake up to come?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Station ID wrote: »

Radio 2 has millions of working class listeners as well. Look how popular it is in garages and on building sites now. Tarquin and Jemima could just as easily be followed by a lorry driver who has parked up his lorry and wants to hear 2-4-6-8 Motorway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 2 has millions of working class listeners as well. Look how popular it is in garages and on building sites now. Tarquin and Jemima could just as easily be followed by a lorry driver who has parked up his lorry and wants to hear 2-4-6-8 Motorway.

and frequently is
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and frequently is

Is it? It seems largely dominated by middle-class people boasting about where they can afford to go on holiday to. Lorry drivers ringing up asking to hear 2-4-6-8 Motorway are few and far between when I've listened to the show.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean you don't want to hear the parents get a request for Jemima and Tarquin who are in their vintage car on the way to their sailing holiday
    Haha... that sums up the Fridays, so predictable with the tunes always played like Queen, Eagles, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun etc... also the same type of people chosen and since Simon Mayo became an author, he seems to have a couple of precocious kids he spends time chatting to nowadays. Bring back Johnnie Walker!!! I must admit to having liked the Irish stand-in this past fortnight!!
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Reunited with Johnnie Walker on Sunday afternoons:)
    BRILLIANT!!! He's not always 'live' though, unless he will when he's back with Sal!
  • big macbig mac Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha... that sums up the Fridays, so predictable with the tunes always played like Queen, Eagles, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun etc... also the same type of people chosen and since Simon Mayo became an author, he seems to have a couple of precocious kids he spends time chatting to nowadays. Bring back Johnnie Walker!!! I must admit to having liked the Irish stand-in this past fortnight!!

I'd say it's the same type of people chosen because they're mostly the only type that ring up in the first place. It's just a platform for them to brag about how well they're doing.
  • EuanMebabeEuanMebabe Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the chemistry between Johnnie Walker and Sally Boazman. I remember an item about useless inventions and a listener suggested a smoke alarm with a snooze button. The pair of them could barely continue for laughing. It will be great if they're back together again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big mac wrote: »
    Is it? It seems largely dominated by middle-class people boasting about where they can afford to go on holiday to. Lorry drivers ringing up asking to hear 2-4-6-8 Motorway are few and far between when I've listened to the show.

I think you may hear what you expect to hear, god forbid that mddle class people should actually get to pick songs on the radio shouldn't they all be listening to the news quiz on radio 4 or books on tapes anway?