Sims 2

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,360
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Has anyone here used simPE? Its a programme that lets you modify almost anything in the game (if you know what you're doing! lol)

I've recoloured objects with SimPE, but I've not created any of my own items. The Sims Resource has some really good guides for SimPE if you are interested.
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/articles/sims2/

Its pretty easy to recolour - I'm not artistic at all, I just used the tools on paintshop pro to recolour.
  • lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone here used simPE? Its a programme that lets you modify almost anything in the game (if you know what you're doing! lol)

Yes I do, I often make objects, clothing or wallpapers for the sims 2. You can see what I've made here if anyone is interested: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/lym/
  • Ja'mie KingJa'mie King Posts: 8,445
    Forum Member
    SoapyJo wrote: »
    Correct & your sim has to build servo him/herself with the Robot Station :D

ahh thanks for that :)
  • GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If people are looking for some guides on how to create items there are loads over at mod the sims 2. Best Sims 2 site out there, and free too.
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lym wrote: »
    Yes I do, I often make objects, clothing or wallpapers for the sims 2. You can see what I've made here if anyone is interested: http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/lym/

Very impressive. I'll download some of that when I finish work today :)
  • lymlym Posts: 2,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thumps36 wrote: »
    Very impressive. I'll download some of that when I finish work today :)

Thank you :)
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone playing the game with this graphics card?
    ATI Radeon X2300

Ive found a laptop that i want to buy for gaming but not sure that the game will run on that graphics card.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is anyone playing the game with this graphics card?
    ATI Radeon X2300

Ive found a laptop that i want to buy for gaming but not sure that the game will run on that graphics card.

Here is a link to the system requirements for the game, this may be of some help to you! :)

http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=21
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just to let you simmers know a new forum for it has opened - sim kingdom.

http://www.simsmad.co.uk/simkingdom/index.php
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Thanks for the info dtr TV expert, I will check it out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please do, at the moment in needs new members.
  • daisyboodaisyboo Posts: 11,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i need some serious Sims help - i am going out of my mind here!

okay here it is. i bought a new laptop with Vista and my sims2 plays fine - my issue is that i cannot download any CC and i cannot live without my modified Espresso machine :(

if i use q-express i get Runtime Error 11 - Division by Zero

if i use winrar i get access denied

i have tried various CC from various sites to no avail

my lappy is an Acer Aspire 5610 and the spec is

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium
    Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.60 GHz processor
    533 MHz FSB, 1 MB L2 cache
    1 GB DDR2 RAM (4 GB maximum)
    120 GB hard disk drive
    DVD±RW Super Multi DL drive
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 integrated video
    Integrated Intel ICH7 high-definition audio
    Integrated 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN
    56K V.92 integrated modem
    10/100 integrated Ethernet controller

i have been searching for answers for this for two weeks and i have been googling like mad and checked the forums on most of the sims sites ie modthesims.com etc.

oh i have also just upgraded my graphics drivers :rolleyes: still no joy

i would like to add that this is an official copy and is still working on my old xp lappy and i have unistalled and reinstalled sim2, q-express and winrar serveral time :D

**sorry for the long post** :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    try the official sims forums (now merged with EA forums)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    try the official sims forums (now merged with EA forums)

i have
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats your username?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisyboo wrote: »
    i need some serious Sims help - i am going out of my mind here!

okay here it is. i bought a new laptop with Vista and my sims2 plays fine - my issue is that i cannot download any CC and i cannot live without my modified Espresso machine :(

If i use q-express i get Runtime Error 11 - Division by Zero

if i use winrar i get access denied

i have tried various CC from various sites to no avail

my lappy is an Acer Aspire 5610 and the spec is

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium

I

The server that handles Q-Express has been out of action for some time, so for the time being it's best to give up on it (you will get the "Divide by zero" message because there's nothing there to download!). I recall reading on MTS2 that the priority at the moment is keeping the main download servers running, so you'll have to manually download the RAR and ZIP files.

Secondly, it sounds like WinRAR can't verify its product key in the registry. Are you running Vista in Administration mode, or User mode?

If it's anything like XP, running in Administrator mode, all programs have access to the registry, but in non-Administrator mode, permissions have to be assigned to each program to do this. It sounds like WinRAR doesn't have these necessary permissions.

I only use an Administrator account, so someone more intelligent will have to come along to explain how permissions work in non-admin accounts! ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul Evans wrote: »
    The server that handles Q-Express has been out of action for some time, so for the time being it's best to give up on it (you will get the "Divide by zero" message because there's nothing there to download!). I recall reading on MTS2 that the priority at the moment is keeping the main download servers running, so you'll have to manually download the RAR and ZIP files.

Secondly, it sounds like WinRAR can't verify its product key in the registry. Are you running Vista in Administration mode, or User mode?

If it's anything like XP, running in Administrator mode, all programs have access to the registry, but in non-Administrator mode, permissions have to be assigned to each program to do this. It sounds like WinRAR doesn't have these necessary permissions.

I only use an Administrator account, so someone more intelligent will have to come along to explain how permissions work in non-admin accounts! ;)

ah thanks didnt know that about q-express :rolleyes:

i am the only user and have checked and confirmed that i am the administrator

winrar is working for everything else i download - it only appears to have an issue with CC

this is the error...

! D:\downloads\MTS2_SimCutie_258950_Power_Esspresso13_SimCutie.zip: Cannot create Power_Espresso-SimCutie.package
    ! Access is denied.

i have just discovered that i can unpack CC to any folder other than sims ... :confused::confused:
  • tomorrowtomorrow Posts: 32,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisyboo wrote: »

i have just discovered that i can unpack CC to any folder other than sims ... :confused::confused:

in that case, make a temporary folder
    unpack the CC into that
    then move it into your downloads folder

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomorrow wrote: »
    in that case, make a temporary folder
    unpack the CC into that
    then move it into your downloads folder

:)

:D:D - hiya there!

i have finally fixed this - woo hoo!! i copied this package file in to all the folders available and one on them was the righ one!!

thanks to all who helped :D:D
  • Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks like Bon Voyage is going to be a miss for me until some sort of agreement is made over Securom.

Even after the official statement from Sony was released they're still complaining.

I don't have Bon Voyage yet and its one of the games that i want to buy.

Its better to be safe than sorry, i don't want my new laptop to be caught in all this securom business when i get it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I got Bon Voyage, installed it and now my ipod wont synchronise with itunes. theres some bizarre stuff going on with this new version of securom
  • Ja'mie KingJa'mie King Posts: 8,445
    Forum Member
    It looks like Bon Voyage is going to be a miss for me until some sort of agreement is made over Securom.

Even after the official statement from Sony was released they're still complaining.

Its better to be safe than sorry, i don't want my new laptop to be caught in all this securom business when i get it.

I've just got BV last weekend, best ep yet. Might order seasons today, but would prefer to wait til the laptop gets more memory.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lh211 wrote: »
    I've just got BV last weekend, best ep yet. Might order seasons today, but would prefer to wait til the laptop gets more memory.

I agree, it brings alot to the game.

BTW simmers: My site has a holiday home, hotels and houses for you to download for free.

Hope you enjoy them over at www.uksimmers.com
  • RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmm, the still 30 people you mean who are creating the same threads over & over again?

funny how the release of C & C 3 & H&M stuff didn't attract this attention depite them having the same version of SecuRom installed on them

Still, ignorance is bliss I guess.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thumps36 wrote: »
    Hmm, the still 30 people you mean who are creating the same threads over & over again?

funny how the release of C & C 3 & H&M stuff didn't attract this attention depite them having the same version of SecuRom installed on them

Still, ignorance is bliss I guess.

Hi thumps36!

I have just read up on this SecuRom stuff as I didn't realise this was the problem with Bon Voyage, I was assuming the problems people were having were the usual which would be corrected with updates/patches like the other Sims 2 games/packages. I haven't got the H&M package and I believe that was the first one for the PC where SecuRom was used, so I would be none the wiser about this SecuRom issue. Link to what I have read below (incase I have the wrong end of the stick)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2:_Bon_Voyage

Do you have the H&M and/or Bon Voyage? Have they caused you any problems? Have you got any other EA games that you have encountered problems with since installation of H&M and/or Bon Voyage?

Would be grateful for a response as I would like to get Bon Voyage although I am a bit worried now, I often see your posts on the Sims 2 threads so know you are a keen simmer and value your opinion :)