Options

The Tourist - Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm a huge Johnny Depp fan and Angelina won my respect as an actress after her amazing performence in The Changling, but does anyone else think this movie looks a bit...shit? It looks like a throw-away flick that people will just go and see because it has two A-listers in it. From the promos I've seen on TV there is nothing that makes me want to rush to see it even though I would usually sit through any Depp film (I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in the cinema :( ). This one just seems a bit, I don't know, random and pointless?

I hope I'm proved wrong, though.

Comments

• Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    It's a remake of a film called Anthony Zimmer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a remake of a film called Anthony Zimmer.

According to the imdb, Sam Worthington was attached to this movie but dropped out due to creative differences.

My hope this will prove me wrong and be a good movie continues to fade.

Should I check out the original?
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, the film looks rubbish. Therefore i won't be going to see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    I agree, the film looks rubbish. Therefore i won't be going to see it.

I'll probably see it but I won't pay full price for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After watching the trailer, I did not get so excited.
  • Options
    JenzenJenzen Posts: 7,364
    Forum Member
    First thing that popped into my head when I saw the trailer was to wonder if Johnny was a bit low on cash these days!

Think I will be giving it a miss :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to see this, but im going to wait till its out on dvd and in a sale.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw the trailer today, looked ok...but was strange to see him looking like Johnny Depp and not made up in some way :)
  • Options
    Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    It does look a bit crap, but I'll probably go to see it anyway.
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched it yesterday. The film wasn't great but watchable. As for the twist, saw it coming from almost the start!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaimesw wrote: »
    Watched it yesterday. The film wasn't great but watchable. As for the twist, saw it coming from almost the start!

I heard about the twist so looked for spoilers...does it come across on screen as stupid as it sounds in print?
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily Rose wrote: »
    I heard about the twist so looked for spoilers...does it come across on screen as stupid as it sounds in print?

If you're going to start mentioning twists it would be nice to put them in spoiler tags thanks. :) I didn't even know the film had a twist.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Johnny Depp used to star in good movies before he became a pirate or at the very least he'd be the best thing in a bad movie, but now starring in a Angelina Jolie vanity project? Wtf!
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care so much if the film is good or bad. But it's great Depp and Jolie have made a film together. In years to come it would be a shame if the two best looking stars in the world (according to the public) never appeared together.

It's a bit of cinematic iconography.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you know that this is one of the worst reviewed movies of the year. Go to the site RottenTomatoes.com. Critics have been scathing about the film.

It's also a big box office bomb, so I guess the public isn't really interested in seeing the two stars together on the screen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I really want to see this movie because I love Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie
  • Options
    shauryashaurya Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    I have heard that movie flops !
  • Options
    Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you know that this is one of the worst reviewed movies of the year. Go to the site RottenTomatoes.com. Critics have been scathing about the film.

It's also a big box office bomb, so I guess the public isn't really interested in seeing the two stars together on the screen.

What's really strange is that despite the terrible reviews (for the film, Jolie and Depp), it got Golden Globe nominations for all.

Wonder how much money that cost them?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    If you're going to start mentioning twists it would be nice to put them in spoiler tags thanks. :) I didn't even know the film had a twist.

Sorry. I had no idea the mere mention of a twist was considered a spoiler. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well from reading this page (and a couple of others) you'd think this was an abomination of a film, when in reality it's quite good. It's fun, story is good, well paces. Not brilliant by ANY stretch of the imagination, but well worth paying a fiver to go and see.
  • Options
    ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my question is was it better or worse that the Cruise Diaz recent outing, if worse then its definatly one to miss
  • Options
    jaimeswjaimesw Posts: 1,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    my question is was it better or worse that the Cruise Diaz recent outing, if worse then its definatly one to miss

I actually liked the cruise/diaz one a lot more.
  • Options
    Caro07Caro07 Posts: 1,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sbds1 wrote: »
    Well from reading this page (and a couple of others) you'd think this was an abomination of a film, when in reality it's quite good. It's fun, story is good, well paces. Not brilliant by ANY stretch of the imagination, but well worth paying a fiver to go and see.

Well acording to many critics it is the worst film of a particularly bad year.

One was something like;

" Say the director's name Florian Henckel von Donnersmark out loud. Did you say it? Well that's more fun than you'll have watching the film"

The top critics on Rotten Tomatoes gave it 6%, not something I'd want to take the risk and waste my money on.
  • Options
    rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant believe this has got such bad ratings. Its a good movie, Id give it a 7/10. Its not a contender for any box office records, but just a v good Angelina Jolie movie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Considered one of the worst films of the year yet someone has been nominated for golden globes, I love Johnny Depp but won't be seeing this even with my unlimited card