Options

Is thirst the latest craze?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
Forum Member
✭✭
Everywhere I go I see people with bottles in their hands, water, pop, whatever. Why have people suddenly got thirsty? A bottle in one hand and a phone in the other, usually attached to their earholes. Is it really necessary? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    Is there anything wrong with it?
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everywhere I go I see people with bottles in their hands, water, pop, whatever. Why have people suddenly got thirsty? A bottle in one hand and a phone in the other, usually attached to their earholes. Is it really necessary? :confused:

Is this thread really necessary?

I don't care if other people like to carry a drink.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if it was - they wouldn't have water bottles in their hands

'I can't wait to get thirsty.... right after this quenching beverage'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    Is this thread really necessary?

I don't care if other people like to carry a drink.

Is any inane thread really necessary? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No.

What is the driving force behind this one though?
    Does seeing bottles of water make you angry or annoyed?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    comedyfish wrote: »
    if it was - they wouldn't have water bottles in their hands

'I can't wait to get thirsty.... right after this quenching beverage'

Hmmm, I might start selling bottled salty water if this is indeed the latest trend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No.

What is the driving force behind this one though?
    Does seeing bottles of water make you angry or annoyed?

It doesn't make me angry but it does make me wonder why the shortest of trips requires the obligatory bottle of liquid. Perhaps they're all diabetic or something, I dunno. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, I might start selling bottled salty water if this is indeed the latest trend.

Hi, do you want some salty liquid, a Stiffy made it........ weird, why are my eyes burning like mace?? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Stop it, you're making me laugh and this is supposed to be (kind of) serious. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, do you want some salty liquid, a Stiffy made it........ weird, why are my eyes burning like mace?? :confused:

LMAO :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't make me angry but it does make me wonder why the shortest of trips requires the obligatory bottle of liquid. Perhaps they're all diabetic or something, I dunno. :confused:

I'm sure I read somewhere that most of us are permanently under hydrated so carrying water is a good thing.
  • Options
    tanstaafltanstaafl Posts: 22,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you ignore the phone bit, not really inane.

For example, carrying bottled water in public has only been around a decade or so? Why is this? What started the habit? Has commercial advertising kept it going and stopped it from fading away?

Does it actually do you any good, except, perhaps, in the middle of a heat wave, to continually drink water in this fashion?

How many people keep re-filling the same bottle from the tap and is it safe to do so?
  • Options
    nessyfencernessyfencer Posts: 9,195
    Forum Member
    Are you sure this isn't something you have just noticed? lol Pretty sure it's no different than it always has been.
  • Options
    Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP. Before about the mid 90's, you rarely saw anyone carrying a bottle of fruit juice or water around with them. Now almost everyone is doing it. No-one needs to hydrate themselves so often, the odd drink at break-times is easily enough.
    It's just a fad, like constant texting or hugging.
  • Options
    lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I wonder the same thing very often. You can't walk down the high street without seeing someone drinking a bottle of water. What happened to cans of juice?

A guy in work let me into a very well kept secret - He told me he gets it for free when he turns the kitchen tap on, but I think it's a myth. :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might, just might, be because its been hot for the last few months so people are carrying a drink of whatever to keep hydrated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It might, just might, be because its been hot for the last few months so people are carrying a drink of whatever to keep hydrated.

Hot? It might have been in Essex but it certainly hasn't been hot here. :D No matter what the weather, no matter what time of day or night, people walk about with bottles. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's the recession - people don't want to buy drinks from Starbucks while on a shopping trip so take their own water?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot? It might have been in Essex but it certainly hasn't been hot here. :D No matter what the weather, no matter what time of day or night, people walk about with bottles. :confused:

Maybe they've filled them up with vodka?
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, everyone's carrying a bottle of water and a phone around. I might combine the two, a bottle that's also a phone. I will make a fortune. I will call this new bottle / phone O2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picto wrote: »
    So, everyone's carrying a bottle of water and a phone around. I might combine the two, a bottle that's also a phone. I will make a fortune. I will call this new bottle / phone O2.

well........

O2 is oxygen.

A better name might be Hy Per (from H202)
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well........

O2 is oxygen.

A better name might be Hy Per (from H202)

I was leading up to my orange juice invention called Vodaphone.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There always seems to be some sort of craze going around. I can't understand carrying a bottle of water around, as the heat from your hand would likely cause the coldness of the water inside to slightly heat up gradually the longer you had a hold of it. My mother seems to be drinking more bottled water lately and I just think, why? I'd rather drink from the tap where the water would be so much cheaper than these rip off bottled waters that you buy from the shops. The companies will be loving all their bottles of water beind sold though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps you aren't seeing the context. Like these days, I walk a few miles before arriving in a city, it makes sense to buy water before making the trip back. Maybe a lot of people aren't taking the bus or car like they used to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do we know the purity of some of these bottled waters? Goodness knows what's in it, sheep's pee for a start. Remember Delboy Trotter bottling his own? I'll take my chances and choose tap water and not out of a plastic bottle.