Favourite Bad Girls Character!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
Forum Member
This thread has already been done I know :o buuut it was 4 years ago & hardly any posts.
Who's your favourite BG & why?
Mine would have to be Denny because I enjoyed watching her grow from a naive girl into an artist who gets transferred.
Yvonne & Shaz are runners up!!

Comments

• TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been re watching the first series on CBS Drama and really liked Joanne Froggats Rachel

Its a shame she had to die so premature she had more to give imo
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    I have been re watching the first series on CBS Drama and really liked Joanne Froggats Rachel

Its a shame she had to die so premature she had more to give imo

Yeah, I watched all series a few months back on seesaw & I agree, she shouldn't have died so soon
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    Shell Dockley. The levels of depth to this character were endless, but the show ruined her when she got sent to the funny farm and never got spoken about again. No revenge on Fenner or nothing.
    Forum Member
    Hetal wrote: »
    Shell Dockley. The levels of depth to this character were endless, but the show ruined her when she got sent to the funny farm and never got spoken about again. No revenge on Fenner or nothing.

Oops, can't believe I forgot her :o:o She used to be my favourite before I watched reruns, and yes, she should've got a brilliant exit. I loved the eps when Shell & Den did a runner & terrorised bodybag.
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuli Finnigan, loved her lesbian storyline with Natalie Buxton.:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Phyl Oswyn for me. It's just a shame the writers were never as interested in her as I was and just had her repeatedly faffing about with drugs and either making alcohol or having it smuggled in. It was funny, to be fair, but it frustrates me because there could have been so much more to her.
    Forum Member
    JC_GTA2010 wrote: »
    Yuli Finnigan, loved her lesbian storyline with Natalie Buxton.:p

I really can't remember her:confused: which series was this? :)
    And also agreed about Phyl, there was so much more to explore with her
  • KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvonne Atkins

LEGEND!
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to say Rachel Hicks (Joanne Froggatt)...Okay- she was only in it for 4/5 episodes but it was totally a gripping watch and like others...think she could have atleast been killed off in series 2 (let's not forget Shell's breakdown and re-inactment of Rachel's death in series 2).

I loved Yvonne also.
  • Angel_DelightsAngel_Delights Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely Phyl Oswyn for me. It's just a shame the writers were never as interested in her as I was and just had her repeatedly faffing about with drugs and either making alcohol or having it smuggled in. It was funny, to be fair, but it frustrates me because there could have been so much more to her.

Was that the character Stephanie Beacham played? For me thats when it started to go downhill, it became unrealistic with her prancing around in fancy clothes like she had came from a Milan catwalk, the storylines got tiresome around that point. The first few series of the show were the best.

Classic characters like Yvonne Atkins, Karen Betts, Barbara and Shell Dockley all left around that time too.
    Forum Member
    Was that the character Stephanie Beacham played?

Yep that's her! and I see what you mean, it did go downhill towards the end, though I didn't want it axed. Natalie, Pat & Janine were great but it was mainly the goveners who made it boring imo...e.g. Joy & her secret child, Lou & her sister:confused:
  • JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really can't remember her:confused: which series was this? :)
    And also agreed about Phyl, there was so much more to explore with her

it was one of the series in which natalie first appeared to when she got killed. Can't remember which one. You know the girl with ginger hair and she was prison officer. Yuli is her name.
    Forum Member
    JC_GTA2010 wrote: »
    it was one of the series in which natalie first appeared to when she got killed. Can't remember which one. You know the girl with ginger hair and she was prison officer. Yuli is her name.

ohhh wish I could remember :( lol, the only prison officer I can think of with ginger hair was Selena, Kris Yates gf
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Darlene Cake - fantastic character!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    100% Shell Dockley..
    Loved how she was pure evil and a bully but completely rubbish at being one. Underneath all that we learnt why she was such a mess during series 2 when all the abuse came out. I loved how she was actually a very vulnerable mess underneath the front she tried to put on.
    Also Debra Stephenson's comedy side meant the character had me in absolute stiches at times. What an amazing character.
    There were times where she had a completely unhinged psycho evil glint in her eyes. Amazing to watch.

Also I feel the need to mention; Nikki Wade, Yvonne Atkins, Denny Blood, Karen Betts, Phyl Oswin andThe Two Julies

What a show!!
    Shame in went downhill in the end :( I think the exit of Shell was the beginning on the end for me then we lost Denny, Barbara, Karen, (Helen, Nikki, Shaz, Zandra, Crystal had already gone) then Yvonne's death was another blow then the very final straw for me was Fenners death:(
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvonne Atkins!

Also loved Jim Fenner and Sylvia 'Bodybag'.
  • Den WattsDen Watts Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Jim Fenner
    Yvonne Atkins
    Karen Betts
    Shell Dockley
    Sylvia 'Body Bag' Hollomby
    Kevin Speirs
    Di Barker/Fenner

Jim made the show eventually!
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yvonne Atkins without a doubt. She was legendary, can't wait until she arrives on Thursday's CBS Drama episode.

But there were so many I loved - Shell Dockley, Denny Blood, Tina O'Kane, the two Julies, Bodybag, Fenner, Karen Betts, Nikki Wade, Phyl and Bev, Darlene Cake, Babs Hunt...I could go on and on...
    Forum Member
    Yvonne Atkins without a doubt. She was legendary, can't wait until she arrives on Thursday's CBS Drama episode.

But there were so many I loved - Shell Dockley, Denny Blood, Tina O'Kane, the two Julies, Bodybag, Fenner, Karen Betts, Nikki Wade, Phyl and Bev, Darlene Cake, Babs Hunt...I could go on and on...

All the oldies were the best
  • junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shell all the way followed by the evil Fenner, who was one of the best villians ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara Hunt - loved her, but my favourite without a shadow of a doubt is Yvonne Atkins

her one liners were priceless

Bodybag: "Do you think I was born yesterday?"
    Yvonne: Not unless you age at the speed of light."
  • Den WattsDen Watts Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Barbara Hunt - loved her, but my favourite without a shadow of a doubt is Yvonne Atkins

her one liners were priceless

Bodybag: "Do you think I was born yesterday?"
    Yvonne: Not unless you age at the speed of light."

FILL YOUR FLASK HUNT... NOW!
    Forum Member
    Cassie - "I'm not in the habit of ballsing things up"

Babs - "In here on holiday are you?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know this isn't strictly related to the thread but I just remembered that time Shell had abit of a funny turn and got babs to steal that marker pen from the art room so that shell could write "Fenners a rapist on the wall" and she also drew a little moustache on herself. When the screws came and asked Shell about whether Bab's had been the one to write on the wall Shell turned around with the moustache still on her face and said "yeah she did this to me n'all" I still find the way she said that absolutely hilarious :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    Lauren__ wrote: »
    I know this isn't strictly related to the thread but I just remembered that time Shell had abit of a funny turn and got babs to steal that marker pen from the art room so that shell could write "Fenners a rapist on the wall" and she also drew a little moustache on herself. When the screws came and asked Shell about whether Bab's had been the one to write on the wall Shell turned around with the moustache still on her face and said "yeah she did this to me n'all" I still find the way she said that absolutely hilarious :D:D:D

Haha I found that hilarious aswell!