Season 14 General discussion, videos, pics.

Comments

• ElsaElsa Posts: 3,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two interviews with Tristan and Gladys, each about 5 minutes long:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/how-does-gladys-knight-find-time-to-both-tour-and-compete-on-dancing_video_1392348

Another one where she says it's "hot" dancing with a 29 year old when she's 67 and she says her oldest grandchild is 27! The interviewer wants to call Tristan her pipsqueak (and he says that means "something else, doesn't it?" - wonder what he thinks it means? lol) he likes her alternative, "stud" (the second video on the screen so scroll down):

http://www.puredwts.com/2012/03/23/gladys-knight-dedicates-her-decision-to-do-dancing-with-the-stars-to-the-pips-video/
  • Loobs72Loobs72 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this series not being shown in uk?
  • Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    No it's not. Watch have decided not to show it, sadly. Thank God for YouTube!:D
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These are the first videos. The other ones which have the full clip usually appear 3:00 a.m. eastern time so I will post these first. No scores. Start from the bottom up for order that they danced in. :) Roshon went first. I feel like there were surprises tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL0CE4D99D10284287
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Didn't watch in order as I tend to watch the ones I like most first:o so thoughts in the order in which I watched will follow(for anyone mad enough to read them!)

Melissa & Maks 20- hardly a surprise I start with Maks is it? I said last week he isn't going to win with Melissa and this sort of reinforced it. I liked her dress,she's a tad too serious needs to lighten up a lot for me but I did think she did a good job.There seemed to be only one mistake I could pick out and I thought the marks were a little low.Maks' run in with the judges last year being reflected perhaps?

Roshon & Chelsie- 26 Lots of gapping which tends to annoy me.Light and bouncy with a lovely sunny feel to it,a lot of fun(which was missing from Melissa)and overrall very very good.A good mark,I think my favourite quickstep of the night.

Jaleel & Kym 22-Bit slow ,lots of walking rather than dancing,not enough bounce.Plenty of character though but Kym did seem to be doing all the work.A big let down after last week,marks a bit high for me,would have probably given him 18

Katherine & Mark 26- Wow!Definitely the front runner by a long way,nice consistancy between her ballroom and latin too.Wish Mark would grow his hair a bit don't like the 'thug' look on him at all.Mark a bit too gurny and frantic for my liking but Katherine is excellent(even if I don't like her that much)Well deserved marksIf she can get a fanbase together she has it in the bag.

Gladys & Tristan 19 -Floppy arms and not very fast for a quickstep>Got to love Tristan he is such a good partner.Gladys clearly loving every minute and having a ball.Pressed against T lucky woman.Down turn after last week but hope she sticks around for a while yet

Martina & Tony 17-Oh dear,poor Martina.Obviously tennis players cannot dance.A good chance shes out first.She looks fantastic made up again,hate the outfit though very bluergh.She lost it early,very poor jive.Obviously a lot happier in Tonys arms and who can blame her.Very stiff and lacklustre.She should have given Carrie Ann a big kiss though a la Donny Osmond with Bruno,if you're gonna do it really go for it I say

Jack & Anna 21-I adore Anna almost as much as I adore Kym,shes amazing.Felt the dance was slightly off time all the way through but he gave it plenty of performance welly and did a lot better than I thought he would with a latin dance(I obviously didn't have huge expectations!)It was a fast jive and he lost steam pretty quickly.Overmarked for me

William & Cheryl 25-I msut be in a minority but I really can't see the attraction here,now Gilles I got and still have tingles for but this one just leaves me cold.Really didn't like Cherls outfit,or more accuratly the top part of it.No gapping as such though and it was very fast paced .Oh yea Cheryl definitely in the final again

Gavin & Karina 21-I'm assuming he has a hair loss thing because of all the hat wearing?Seems a real sweetie though.A little flat footed for me.Karina for me was overdancing a bit too much,I tend to think Derek does that to shift focus from his partners failings and Karina was definitely doing that for me with Gavin (and boy can she dance)Much much better than last week but still lacking for me.Loved Karinas outfit too.

Donald & Peta 24- well last week I thought they might be the first out,not this week.Not much gapping which is very good,very light and bouncy and I enjoyed it very much.At least Peta is wearing something this week so I take it she was more confident of her partner

Maria & Derek-25 Derek knows how to stage a dance thats for sure.Less gapping than Roshon but still there.Derek stealing focus from Maria so you miss her stiffness and mistakes-sign of a good pro?- For me too flashy particularly that jump off the desk.Good solid dance but overmarked but then the judges do tend to treat Dereks partners a lot kinder than most (sometimes rightfully but not always)It wasn't near perfection Bruno for gods sake!

Sherri & Val 23- mind you if we're talking overmarking this dance has it in spades.Sherri still annoying me as you may gather.Has plenty of exuberence but think the urge to gag her would overcome me pretty damn soon if I were her pro.really starting to love Val

Sorry for another essay..still seeing Katherine & Mark and William (mispelt it Wilma originally whoops!) & Cheryl in the final,thinking Roshon & Chelsie will edge in there too

Who is going home first? Probably Martina but I hate to say it Melissa stands a good chance of being booted too:cry:
  • j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    What dance training does Katherine have? She's easily the best this season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,123
    Forum Member
    j4Rose wrote: »
    What dance training does Katherine have? She's easily the best this season.

She says tap dancing as a child and she did a show with Darcey Bussell which was song and dance. I remember watching a programme, about it, where she was learning tap dancing routines, she was pretty good.

She certainly seems to have good posture and elegance about her. Think the coy intro before their dance was a bit misleading, She came across as overly shy and concerned about wiggling her naughty bits. They are my favourites, but, not keen on the ingenue image for a 31 year old woman whose idea was it to portray her this way??? That is starting to grate a bit.

Think Maria has improved this week. William's bum stuck out and don't think he was a good as the judges made out.

Who on earth designed Martina's outfit, didn't flatter at all - a bra and string top ew. Mark designs Katherine's outfits, I'd sack Tony D if he is responsible for Martina's:eek::D

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video#global
  • pearljpearlj Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, does anyone have any links with scores thanks;)
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lili27 wrote: »
    These are the first videos. The other ones which have the full clip usually appear 3:00 a.m. eastern time so I will post these first. No scores. Start from the bottom up for order that they danced in. :) Roshon went first. I feel like there were surprises tonight.

allisonbm2 wrote: »

Thank you both :)
    She says tap dancing as a child and she did a show with Darcey Bussell which was song and dance. I remember watching a programme, about it, where she was learning tap dancing routines, she was pretty good.

She certainly seems to have good posture and elegance about her. Think the coy intro before their dance was a bit misleading, She came across as overly shy and concerned about wiggling her naughty bits. They are my favourites, but, not keen on the ingenue image for a 31 year old woman whose idea was it to portray her this way??? That is starting to grate a bit.

Think Maria has improved this week. William's bum stuck out and don't think he was a good as the judges made out.

Who on earth designed Martina's outfit, didn't flatter at all - a bra and string top ew. Mark designs Katherine's outfits, I'd sack Tony D if he is responsible for Martina's:eek::D

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/video#global
    BIB - agree about this. I've always thought she does come across as quite sweet (maybe even saccharine), but I think it's being over-played somewhat (though I'm not sure by whom). That said, she's dancing like a demon. I really didn't expect her to perform a jive so well. Fair play to her (although the ABC board has quite a few 'she's a ringer!' threads :D).
    pearlj wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone have any links with scores thanks;)
    Codebear normally posts the full clips, but it says on their YT channel that Season 14 clips have been moved to a new site (including last weeks, which were definitely there before) and to message for more information. I couldn't see how to send a message on YT. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member

The 'number of views' figures for these clips are very interesting. Discounting Katherine, whose fans can only see her performance this way from the UK, Sherri and Melissa have the highest, followed by Maria, Roshon and William in that order.

I really liked Sherri's performance - she makes me smile and she's so confident you don't feel anxious about her mistakes. Jack is the other end of the spectrum for me - he's trying so hard, it hurts.

LOL at Carrie Ann to Gladys - you were gazing into Tristan's eyes...understandable, but...! And she was! He must have explained about head position and posture but it all went out the window. I felt she was looking at him for her cues, or reassurance. That blue dress was lovely and I loved the blue flashes from Tristan's tails (the blue shirt/white tie less so :eek: although to be honest he'd look good in a bin liner).

Peta's dress was gorgeous and so was Chelsie's but who in the costume dept did Martina offend? Her outfit was hideous!!:eek::eek::eek:

The enigma that is Katherine Jenkins continues. Her jive was fabulous but I'm not buying the ickle-girl image at all. I wouldn't be at all surprised if she'd had lessons before she started as she seems to be a woman who needs to be in control - that heavy eye make-up is almost a disguise. Would love to see the facade slip and her turn into dance-zilla :D
  • Lili27Lili27 Posts: 2,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bottom 2
    Gavin /Karina and Martina and Tony

Leaving tonight.
    Martina and Tony
  • fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bottom 2

Leaving tonight.
    Martina and Tony
    Oh, dear. Poor Martina. She was the worst, but I had hoped she would last a bit longer.

I think someone should launch a worldwide DwtS tennis players only series. There must be a player somewhere on the planet who can dance! :p
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bottom 2

Leaving tonight.
    Martina and Tony

Oh no!:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,988
    Forum Member
    Just wondering if its necessary to use spoilers as its not being shown on UK TV and the US have already seen it?Happy to abide by the majority of course(a query not a criticism I love this thread and all the wonderful work Lili & co are doing getting the info to us)
    rather sad Martina is out but based on that jive there was no other result,it'll be interesting to see how next week develops as there are so few weak links I think it'll be more about fanbases than ever
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we need spoilers.

Thanks for the links everyone:)