Options

Beauty Regime

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,410
Forum Member
Do you have a beauty regime?

Every Morning and Evening I cleanse, tone and moisturise my face. I also lather on the body moisturiser after shower or bath ( that could be up to 2 times a day depending if I’ve had a shower in the morning then a bath at night) as my skin can become quite dry during colder months.

I also exfoliate my body every week and oil and sugar my hands every 10 days or so. I like looking after myself.

This thread isn’t strictly for the Girls either as I know more and more Men use beauty products which I think is a good thing.

Actually I’m amazed at how many of my O/H’s products I use myself.
He has a wicked Eye Cream (Shh) that I use. His Lynx Deo is quite nice and use that on occasion. I also nick his Dax for the straggly bits of hair that don’t quite fit into my ponytail.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, i shower daily, sometimes twice AND use deodorant!

check me out
  • Options
    nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cut back on the showers and baths, that's what's drying out your skin. Are you in some line of work that leaves you in such a state that you require to bathe completely at the end of the day?
  • Options
    lordoftheflieslordoftheflies Posts: 7,879
    Forum Member
    Crushed custard creams and linseed oil. Twice daily on the skin, so refreshing and good.

My tip don't put anything on your body that you wouldn't put in your mouth.

A lemon and lime in the shower, leaves skin absolutely radiant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nitenurse wrote:
    Cut back on the showers and baths, that's what's drying out your skin. Are you in some line of work that leaves you in such a state that you require to bathe completely at the end of the day?

:DMum is that you?
    I don't think I excessively shower/bath. I like to have a shower in the morning after sweating in bed all night, plus its quicker than a wash sometimes. My Skin isn't overly dry ( that's because I moisturise) I don't worry about it too much.:)
  • Options
    LuxxyLuxxy Posts: 18,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use Clarins foaming wash, and toners and exfoliate using Elemis, which I am finding brilliant. I think I'm slowly being seduced into trying their cleansers.

Moisturise after each bath/shower and also cream hands at night before bed and moisturise lips. They come up so soft in the morning!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use an exfoliating face wash at night and a normal one in the morning. Then I use L'Oreal Wrinkle Decrease (eyes), followed by a face moisturiser with a little fake tan in it. If I've got a spot I use a little concealer stick to cover it up.
  • Options
    3REs2hUp3REs2hUp Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elliebee wrote:
    Do you have a beauty regime?

Every Morning and Evening I cleanse, tone and moisturise my face. I also lather on the body moisturiser after shower or bath ( that could be up to 2 times a day depending if I’ve had a shower in the morning then a bath at night) as my skin can become quite dry during colder months.

I also exfoliate my body every week and oil and sugar my hands every 10 days or so. I like looking after myself.

This thread isn’t strictly for the Girls either as I know more and more Men use beauty products which I think is a good thing.

Actually I’m amazed at how many of my O/H’s products I use myself.
    He has a wicked Eye Cream (Shh) that I use. His Lynx Deo is quite nice and use that on occasion. I also nick his Dax for the straggly bits of hair that don’t quite fit into my ponytail.

This could be your theme song :D:p
  • Options
    Forum Member

Do you think so. Cheers, Ive always liked Carly Simon :):p

If taking pride in my appearance and taking care of myself makes me vain, then I don't mind.
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have not washed my face for over 15 years, it only gets wet in the rain, bath and when I am washing my hair. Never put anything on it, ok a bit of make up, but it looks good for 42.

I think it is a bit genetic though, water and stuff do not agree with me.

ps. I don't stink or anything, just the face is better left to look after itself.
  • Options
    lordoftheflieslordoftheflies Posts: 7,879
    Forum Member
    spoty wrote:
    I have not washed my face for over 15 years, it only gets wet in the rain, bath and when I am washing my hair. Never put anything on it, ok a bit of make up, but it looks good for 42.

ps. I don't stink or anything, just the face is better left to look after itself.

That is disgusting if true.
  • Options
    Bear1Bear1 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    you woman sure do some weird stuff.all i do is wash/bath an use deodorant.

no wonder woman are in bathroom so long

mind my dad uses loreal for men anti wrinkle cream for all good it does him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bear1 wrote:

mind my dad uses loreal for men anti wrinkle cream for all good it does him.

the secret is to start using it before you get wrinkles...I've been using anti-ageing stuff since I was 21 and I still look great ;):)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh you are a smoothie... :cool:
  • Options
    Bear1Bear1 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    michael,76 wrote:
    the secret is to start using it before you get wrinkles...I've been using anti-ageing stuff since I was 21 and I still look great ;):)

So you mean as a teenager i shud be using that kind of stuff so i dont end up like my dad ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bear1 wrote:
    So you mean as a teenager i shud be using that kind of stuff so i dont end up like my dad ?

probably a bit early for anti-ageing creams but it can't do any harm to moisturise and take care of your skin. Combined with a generally healthy lifestyle, that is. :)
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have heard a facial is suppose to help you skin look beautifull, and smooth, dont know if it works with guys
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does moisturising your face actually do?

I've asked people once or twice before, but all they say is that it keeps moisture in.

My answer to that is..."So what?".:D
    So you have moist skin. Big deal. I suppose if that's what people want then good for them. But I honestly can't see what the big appeal is for people to want to have moist skin.

Do any of these products work?
    Isn't it all just a big con?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is disgusting if true.

Why?
    The skin produces it's own oils to look after itself.
    Use detergent products on it and you destroy the thin film of oil that your skin produces naturally to protect itself.

A bit of cold water on your face should be enough to cleanse it of any superficial dirt.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tomatoes and peanut butter are supposed to be good anti-aging foods.
  • Options
    AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's exfoliate?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achtung wrote:
    What's exfoliate?

Removing the dead skin and grime from your face to leave it all lovely, refreshed, glowing and soft.

Then some nice lady ;) will pinch your cheeks and say what a lovely adorable face you have :p

My regime.

Shower and hair wash every morning, followed by SBC gels rubbed into bod and face.

Bit of make up if I'm off out, couldn't be without my foundation and mascara :eek:

If staying at home, jojoba oil used as moisturiser.

Night, cleanse and moisturise with AD Synergy.

A couple of times a week I use a home made milk and honey face mask as a deep cleanse and extra natural moisturiser. I done one yesterday, forgot about it and left it on for 6 hours :D Mind you my skin was firm and soft afterwards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning

Wash face with liquid soap, rub with flannel, rinse with loads of cold water
    Moisturise.

Evening

Wet wipe make up off
    then do the same as the morning

Instead of the liquid soap I use a really good exfoliator. I also use avocado as a face mask, really makes my skin glow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoty wrote:

So why is your name spoty? :confused::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What does moisturising your face actually do?

I've asked people once or twice before, but all they say is that it keeps moisture in.

My answer to that is..."So what?".:D
    So you have moist skin. Big deal. I suppose if that's what people want then good for them. But I honestly can't see what the big appeal is for people to want to have moist skin.

Do any of these products work?
    Isn't it all just a big con?

Having moist skin is a big deal to me. I prefer the Peachy look to the dried up shami leather skin look.
    Yes the products do work,im not saying the more expensive ones are better than the cheaper brands ( not true with Make up though imo) any moisture back into your face is a good thing. Try it, you may surprise yourself and like it :)
  • Options
    EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why?
    The skin produces it's own oils to look after itself.
    Use detergent products on it and you destroy the thin film of oil that your skin produces naturally to protect itself.

A bit of cold water on your face should be enough to cleanse it of any superficial dirt.

What's wrong with using natural products on your face if you have a fear of detergents, you can find them if you bother to look?

I think the idea of not washing your face daily is gross imo.