Pacific DVD 1002 now only £44

1234568»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I thought I saw it at £35 last week in Asda and the 1001 at £30.
  • SucmedicSucmedic Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unless it has gone down yet again?
    Forum Member
    I replaced the faulty player this weekend. I tested the new one with "Finding Nemo" (previously freezing at the seamless branching spots for the maker's commentary footage) and it seems perfect so far

(mutters oh no that's jinxed it...)

Moral - if it doesn't play a disk known to cause problems (Monsters Inc, Finding Nemo, Alien Quadrilogy etc..) take it back and try another.

Otherwise it's a lovely little player.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi all,
    Forgive my ignorance here, but this is my first DVD player -
    I applied the multi region hack ages ago, but I thought I'd finally consult the collective wisdom about the less than satisfactory results...
    While R2 discs play smoothly, R1 discs have always played with what has become a really tedious drag to all on screen movement.
    Worse still, a 0, region free disc I just bought has a pic that positively shudders and jerks when there is any panning.
    I'm wondering if these shortcomings are just typical of budget level players generally, or an aspect of enforcing a multi region hack on one or.......
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    manalishi wrote:
    Hi all,
    Forgive my ignorance here, but this is my first DVD player -
    I applied the multi region hack ages ago, but I thought I'd finally consult the collective wisdom about the less than satisfactory results...
    While R2 discs play smoothly, R1 discs have always played with what has become a really tedious drag to all on screen movement.
    Worse still, a 0, region free disc I just bought has a pic that positively shudders and jerks when there is any panning.
    I'm wondering if these shortcomings are just typical of budget level players generally, or an aspect of enforcing a multi region hack on one or.......
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Dave.

Not 100% sure but wen i had this problem it was becasue the discs were in NTSC format and the player was trying to play them in PAL. Try going into the setup menu on the DVD player and select NTSC an not PAL from the options when ever you play a R1 disc.

Let me know how you get on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi NoEntry,
    Thanks for the advice - it doesn't seem to make any diff, though I'm wondering if my TV might be stopping this fix from working.....even though it's only about 5 years old, my TV just missed out on being NTSC compatible.
    As such, when I change the DVD player setting to NTSC the region 1 and 0 discs play back in black and white, but even so the same slight R1 slowness and R0 judders still seem to be there.
    Other than buying a newer NTSC compatible TV [not a realistic option right now] to see if it's indeed the TV itself, I'm stumped.
    Cheers,
    Dave.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It sounds like its the TV that is causing the slight problem, as you said im guessing its not NTSC compatible.
    Dont you have another TV (that is ok with NTSC) in the house some where that you connect the DVD player up to to test it out?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Pacific 1002w 39 quid
    Pacific 1001 29 quid
    Both in ASDA Aintree Liverpool at the very end of the M57
    Can't argue with those prices!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    AD wrote:
    Pacific DVD-1002

Now reduced to £44.97 at ASDA !

New stock seems to bear the DVD 1002w code, anyone know what the difference is between the DVD 1002 and the DVD1002w

also does anyone know if there is a macrovision hack yet ?
    I Have both 1002 and 1002W in the kids bedroom never had any problems with both of these players so far,I mainly use Ritec discs for burning DVDs.
    also has well as playing many formats the 1002w plays CD+G discs which is handy has i do karaoke in my local and use these player for this. BUT the 1002 doe not play these at all only the audio part of it not graphics pitty really LOL any way i was wondering if any one know a way of updating the firmware for this if it is possible and were to get it from
    Thanks
    Dedge
  • SucmedicSucmedic Posts: 1,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the Pacific 1002w is discontinued and replaced by a newer model, the Pacific 1002 MK2 - a much nicer dvd player with exactly the same capabilities as the 1002w.

£39.98
  • Sunset BitchSunset Bitch Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a Cyberhome DVD player in WHS Swith for £34.99 and it is a brilliant piece of kit. It is multi region, plays .mpg files you have downloaded and has scart, SVideo, Composite outputs.

Also it is very small.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the Pacific 1002w is discontinued and replaced by a newer model, the Pacific 1002 MK2 - a much nicer dvd player with exactly the same capabilities as the 1002w.

£39.98
    Do we know if this can be hacked using the same code/process as 1002/1002w?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
  • lamplite1clamplite1c Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    So then,

Does any one have the Pacific 1002 MK2 and if so, is it reigon free like my older pacific 1001 was when i bought it.

if not i asume it can be cracked (post above) but i dont want to risk knackering the machine, has any one sucessfully cracked the dvd player, and finally whats the player like to use whats the pics like ect. I have been very pleased with my £32 1001 but i really liked the look of the 1002 mk2.

Your comments would be very much appreciated
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lamplite1c wrote:
    So then,

Does any one have the Pacific 1002 MK2 and if so, is it reigon free like my older pacific 1001 was when i bought it.

if not i asume it can be cracked (post above) but i dont want to risk knackering the machine, has any one sucessfully cracked the dvd player, and finally whats the player like to use whats the pics like ect. I have been very pleased with my £32 1001 but i really liked the look of the 1002 mk2.

Well my brother is supposed to be buying this machine today and I've sent him the hack instructions, so I'll post the result. I hope it does bl**dy work thou, as he'll be cursing me if not as I told him it would and he's buying it mainly to play region 1 discs!
  • homer911homer911 Posts: 5,198
    Forum Member
    does anyone know what replacement dvd remote works with this player as mine is dead.
    Forum Member
    Buy a multi-brand "learning" remote. I got one from Aldi some weeks back for £5. It does 8 different pieces of kit, and I was able to pick the manufacturer code for each and get 7 pieces of kit working. I had to teach the remote to use the Record button as the Open/Close for our Pacific 1002W, but it works fine. You should be able to find one cheap in plenty of different shops.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lamplite1c wrote:
    So then,

Well my brother bought this on the weekend and used one of the hacks posted for the 1002/1002w and he says it works fine
    Forum Member
    Arghhh! Edit doesn't work. I meant to say, try to find a Medion or Tevion multi-brand remote.
  • lamplite1clamplite1c Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Excelent I think ill get one i like thew loom of them muck better than the one it replaced
    Well my brother bought this on the weekend and used one of the hacks posted for the 1002/1002w and he says it works fine
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if they still have problems playing DVD-Rs. My 1002W has a problem with them, something to do with the speed it was recorded/copied. Starts to play it fine then freezes after about 45 minutes.