Couples, how can you enjoy sharing a bed?

Comments

• mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our boiler was broken last night and I would have felt like freezing to death without the extra warmth - I do have to poke him to make him stop snoring regularly though :p

A hot water bottle keeps you as warm as toast and!, there's no poking involved!.....:D
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Achtung! wrote: »
    Don't their claws hurt when they spoon you?

Nah. They snuggle up behind and rest their warm, furry muzzles in the the crook of my neck...better than a scarf :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    A hot water bottle keeps you as warm as toast and!, there's no poking involved!.....:D

Ooh er :D not sure I'd like that then :p
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    horns wrote: »
    I'm beginning to see why you're single.

I'm fully aware why I'm single - Mr petrified of intimacy - which I'm getting some help with in the new year....when I can afford it.
  • CheapthrillsCheapthrills Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    It's a little like when your baby vomits or craps on you..... you don't mind so much when it's someone you love.

That's what I tried to tell her! But she never called again. :(
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to share a bed. She is better than an electric blanket, doesn't snore and doesn't fidget. Mind you when she farts the duvet hits the ceiling. That's not good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like sharing a bed, but only because I get so hot when I sleep that I normally like to have the windows open and sleep ontop of the duvet and generally people prefer the opposite.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    If I ever get a boyfriend - I think there would have to be a sex bedroom and then our own bedrooms for sleeping and time alone.
    Me too.
    I am a light sleeper and also, at 39, have unusually minimal experience of sharing a bed. When I have, I failed to sleep each time.

Presumably one gets used to the movement and prescence of another person.
    However I suspect I would become so tired and ratty by trying, that the bed sharing and relationship itself would not need to continue anyway.

:)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I ever get a boyfriend - I think there would have to be a sex bedroom and then our own bedrooms for sleeping and time alone.

That's what works for us. ;)
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    We do the big bed, 2 duvets and a throw. That makes plenty of bed covers to hide under should you be ambushed at an unexpected moment too:o Cats are one thing, kids quite another.
  • ĐironaĐirona Posts: 15,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer to share a bed. She is better than an electric blanket, doesn't snore and doesn't fidget. Mind you when she farts the duvet hits the ceiling. That's not good.

where do you think the warmth comes from?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    When me and my girlfriend first started sharing a bed it was a nightmare. She was used to a massive bed all to herself and had the room to wriggle as much as she wanted. One time i even woke up to find she had done a 180degree turn in the night and her feet were where her head should have been.
    I was often woken in the night by her arm whacking me in the face or her knee in my back. It got to the point where we would jokingly put a line of pillows between us.

She still pinches the covers but i'm not waking up battered and bruised any more.
  • netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing nicer than spooning all night. I can't sleep face to face though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hey, if you can afford a three bedroom place for two people, knock yourself out. Doesn't seem like a realistic solution for many, though.
  • _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to hate sharing a bed but its honestly not too bad. We have our own quilts as we're both quilt stealers and luckily neither of us are huggers at night. I think you just get used to it, I miss him being there when hes not.
  • GonerilGoneril Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love sharing the bed with my husband, he might not say the same however, I apparently talk in my sleep:o...It's a damned lie!:D
  • VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,863
    Forum Member
    horns wrote: »
    Hey, if you can afford a three bedroom place for two people, knock yourself out. Doesn't seem like a realistic solution for many, though.

Obviously that was in an ideal situation. Let's get a boyfriend first - highly unlikely in gay world so until then I shall revel in my own double bed
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    Might sound a bit cheesy but I hate the feeling of having a double-bed to myself.
    When the missus is away from home I usually end up sleeping on the sofa cos the bed feels kinda big and cold and empty.
  • adopteradopter Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My boyfriend and I have separate bedrooms - it's bliss.
  • Shady123Shady123 Posts: 4,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spooning is heavenly :D
    Me and my boyfriend don't live together yet but usually I'll go to his or he'll come to mine. At first he was trying it on every night but he soon discovered he wouldn't be getting it quite as much as he'd like ;) (well what can you expect when you live with your parents)

He's now bed trained ;)
  • MoonyMoony Posts: 15,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love sharing a bed with my wife. We snuggle up and spoon all night.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moony wrote: »

Awww and thats why its nice to share your bed ! :)
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you get a king sized bed you can enjoy spooning for a bit and then move to your own side for a good night's sleep.
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I normally go to bed earlier than the OH so he'll snuggle me when he comes to bed. I am fast asleep so don't notice :o:D

I can't fall asleep all 'cuddled up' though, makes me feel very claustrophobic :eek:

With it being so cold, it has been very handy having a lovely warm bed partner!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moony wrote: »

Me and hubby are like this, he works away alot and i do miss him in bed at night, he's starting a new job in January so will be home every night yippee (and thats after 25 years together)