Options

Free Speech (BBC Three)

RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if there is already a thread but is anyone watching this?

They started with a discussion about the future of BBC Three (whether it would be right or wrong for the BBC to move the channel online and the majority seem to disagree). Now they have moved on to discussing other issues such as unemployment.

The panel includes Mehdi Hasan, Paris Lees, Heydon Prowse, Shazia Awan and Susan Kramer

Comments

• Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »

They started with a discussion about the future of BBC Three (whether it would be right or wrong for the BBC to move the channel online and the majority seem to disagree). Now they have moved on to discussing other issues such as unemployment.

The panel includes Mehdi Hasan, Paris Lees, Heydon Prowse, Shazia Awan and Susan Kramer

Mehdi Hassan is an extremist in sheeps clothing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mehdi Hassan is an extremist in sheeps clothing.

What defines an extremist these days? Anyone who talks about what is wrong with a corrupt and failing system that pisses on the poor?
  • Options
    gocompletelynutgocompletelynut Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What defines an extremist these days? Anyone who talks about what is wrong with a corrupt and failing system that pisses on the poor?

Hows about this one then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1-wbrexoNs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you listen to what he's saying it's advocating non extremism.

I agree with what he's saying as an atheist. When we as a society bend our rules to fulfil our desires and think only about short term aims we are poorer for it.

It also strikes me that this is the message young muslims need to hear who feel anger at what is done to their countries by Western rulers.

He's one of the best politicians/journos that we have.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A panel of three left-wingers and one 'undecided'. BBC fair and balanced as usual.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bass55 wrote: »
    A panel of three left-wingers and one 'undecided'. BBC fair and balanced as usual.

There were five. Three on the left and two on the right.
  • Options
    BlairdennonBlairdennon Posts: 14,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you listen to what he's saying it's advocating non extremism.

I agree with what he's saying as an atheist. When we as a society bend our rules to fulfil our desires and think only about short term aims we are poorer for it.

It also strikes me that this is the message young muslims need to hear who feel anger at what is done to their countries by Western rulers.

He's one of the best politicians/journos that we have.

Should they not be more angry at what is done by Muslim rulers and other Muslims in general. The Sunni/ Shia antipathy has very little to do with Western rulers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should they not be more angry at what is done by Muslim rulers and other Muslims in general. The Sunni/ Shia antipathy has very little to do with Western rulers.

All I know is Western intervention tends to make things worse.
  • Options
    thesabbaththesabbath Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    RingoJ739K wrote: »

The BBC has come under fire for its political bias as once again it hosts a panel discussion show stacked with left-wing figures.

BBC Three's 'Free Speech' programme, which airs tonight at 8pm from the Birmingham Central Mosque, consists of a panel including Huffington Post Political Editor Mehdi Hasan, Liberal Democrat Party Baroness Susan Kramer, left-wing activist Heydon Prowse, and transgender 'journalist' Paris Lees. The only other person on the panel is Shazia Awan, a centrist ex-Tory candidate who has "now left the Conservatives and is currently politically undecided".

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/03/12/BBC-free-speech-panel-most-biased-ever

I think I'll pass!
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thesabbath wrote: »
    The BBC has come under fire for its political bias as once again it hosts a panel discussion show stacked with left-wing figures.

BBC Three's 'Free Speech' programme, which airs tonight at 8pm from the Birmingham Central Mosque, consists of a panel including Huffington Post Political Editor Mehdi Hasan, Liberal Democrat Party Baroness Susan Kramer, left-wing activist Heydon Prowse, and transgender 'journalist' Paris Lees. The only other person on the panel is Shazia Awan, a centrist ex-Tory candidate who has "now left the Conservatives and is currently politically undecided".

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/03/12/BBC-free-speech-panel-most-biased-ever

I think I'll pass!
    You mean it comes under fire from the same old suspects who want right wing propaganda?
  • Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm watching it now. I've never known anyone on TV (other than a professional footballer) say "y'know" as often as the Asian woman in the specs.

She's worse than, y'know, Phil "Y'Know" Jones.
  • Options
    dosanjh1dosanjh1 Posts: 8,727
    Forum Member

He says nuclear weapons are unislamic how can that be "extremist"? :confused:

That's like saying John Lennns a terrorist.