ANTM Cycle 14 Living

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Shocking that the girl could end up staying in the competition with that lads mag style pose and the backward jacket WTF!!

Comments

• meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    Whereas the girl with superior fashion knowledge goes home, yeah it is a bit wtf!
    Although I did love it when Alasia said that whenever someone points their finger at you, they have 3 fingers pointing back at themself. lol I'm going to use that phrase in the future.

Looking at the makeovers, I thought both Brenda and Anslee looked much cuter with long hair. With short hair they've now both aged about 10-15 years and look like bored housewives.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whereas the girl with superior fashion knowledge goes home, yeah it is a bit wtf!
    Although I did love it when Alasia said that whenever someone points their finger at you, they have 3 fingers pointing back at themself. lol I'm going to use that phrase in the future.

Looking at the makeovers, I thought both Brenda and Anslee looked much cuter with long hair. With short hair they've now both aged about 10-15 years and look like bored housewives.

My god have just watched the start of the series 14 and am very underwhelmed with the girls they chose..I've seen better everywhere.
    The new judge seems a bit controlling too. The makeovers on some were really bad... Not impressed so far.:yawn:
    The only one with potential as I see it is the girl with very very short hair she reminds me of Sinead O Connor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The are some shocking looking girls in this cycle's line up especially the girl with the thick black Alistair Darling eyebrows and huge jaw.

I quite like the new judge because he speaks his mind and isn't swayed by the other judges.
    There is something odd about Tyra though. She looks ill.

I also agree that the finger pointing comment was an excellent one. I too hope to remember it. :D

It was annoying that the advertising trailor showed a girl in a green dress slipping down the stairs.
    I waited for that and it was disappointing that it wasn't in the two hours shown last night.
    Who was it and I hope she was alright.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    The are some shocking looking girls in this cycle's line up especially the girl with the thick black Alistair Darling eyebrows and huge jaw.

if that's the one I'm thinking of I thought she was gorgeous. She was the spitting image of Denise Richards - I'm so surprised that nobody commented on it.

I'm so glad the "spoilt bitch" didn't get through, she was so up herself and annoying!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    There is something odd about Tyra though. She looks ill.

It's because she's not wearing a wig. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if that's the one I'm thinking of I thought she was gorgeous. She was the spitting image of Denise Richards - I'm so surprised that nobody commented on it.

I thought she was stunning too very much like Denise Richards :)
  • AltheyaAltheya Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted at who went first, she was my favourite of the bunch. Really do think her pics would have been stunning if she had been given more time.
  • magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Altheya wrote: »
    Gutted at who went first, she was my favourite of the bunch. Really do think her pics would have been stunning if she had been given more time.

Yes, I thought this too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Altheya wrote: »

I thought so too, they never gave her a chance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    is it me or do the girls look 'bigger' than usual. There was a few that I'd consider verging on plus size but nothing's said about it....
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    jules1000 wrote: »
    My god have just watched the start of the series 14 and am very underwhelmed with the girls they chose..I've seen better everywhere.
    The new judge seems a bit controlling too. The makeovers on some were really bad... Not impressed so far.:yawn:
    The only one with potential as I see it is the girl with very very short hair she reminds me of Sinead O Connor.

I don't know, I think we've got a rather mixed bunch. :D I think it's only Alasia and Angelea who you look at and can't really see a model behind all that attitude.

I think Raina is stunning, especially her makeover shot with her new chocolate brown hair. She took my breath away.

Though I think Ren is the most interesting model, she has a great look and seems to have a rather unusual personality, not to mention those armpits. :eek:
  • Neighbours_FanNeighbours_Fan Posts: 7,514
    Forum Member
    Raina is my favourite. She is stunning and the likeness to Denise Richards is uncanny. I love Andre as a judge. I like that he speaks his mind and doesn't mind disagreeing with the other judges. I think Gabrielle should have been kept. She could have got better. The girl they kept looked like she was posing for a lads magazine.
  • jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    is it me or do the girls look 'bigger' than usual. There was a few that I'd consider verging on plus size but nothing's said about it....

Yes very much so.
  • DigiPalDigiPal Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have to agree with above, I'm loving Andre, and loving that he isn't afraid to disagree with the rest of the judges. With his experience, he's the one that really knows what he's talking about

A real character!
  • Magpie11Magpie11 Posts: 9,294
    Forum Member
    I really like Raina and Jessica in cycle 14 :D

Yeah I agree.

Raina is stunning but I didn't get Jessica when she had blonde hair, she was too pageant for me. However after the makeover and dark hair she's transformed.

They seem like really nice girls too. Hope they both go a long way
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have seen clips of ANTM and series 8 is available on BT Vision? Is this the current series and is this quite a good show as I find Yank reality shows far less negative and trashy than ours?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    DigiPal wrote: »
    Have to agree with above, I'm loving Andre, and loving that he isn't afraid to disagree with the rest of the judges. With his experience, he's the one that really knows what he's talking about

A real character!

If you continue watching this cycle and next, you'll really grow to hate him like most ANTM fans do.
    He really doesn't have anything interesting or constructive to say, he just blurts out made up or french words and not much else. He's a pain in the ass and cycle 14 and 15 have suffered much because of him.

As for cycle 14, won't give any spoilers so don't worry, but Jessica is beautiful, my favorite girl in the cycle.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was suprised they let Gabrielle go because she seemed to have a lot of modle know-how and Alasia really didn't, plus she is trouble making. That being said I would have been sad to see Alasia go because the drama she creates seems to be hilarious. She looked about 40 in that wig but her look with the real hair is so stunning!
    Raina is so pretty and seems so sweet. Angelea is dissapointing: I thought she got her life right but there she is bringing grey clouds into the house.
    I like Jessica and not abig fan of Krista but the girl who worked in a mortuary seems like she doesn't deserve to be there, like she doesn't want this...

Can't wait for tomorrow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Love it when girls who got threw out on previous cycles due to their stink attitude (Angelea) come back pretend to have 'sorted the tude out' with therapy etc get through then revert back to being complete bitches.

Naduah looks like Nina Flowers from Cycle 1 of RuPaul's drag race !!
  • cmrxxcmrxx Posts: 7,048
    Forum Member
    Alasia, is very scary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok, I'll admit that I looked up the winner and I agree with it, but this cycle really has been quite lack lustre so far in week three.
    That stairs and pendulum catwalk was rather mean I thought at this early stage.
    I felt very sorry for Alexandra who fell down the stairs then got booted off the catwalk by the giant pendulum.
    But I couldn't help wondering what happened off screen between the designer and programme makers about the ripped dress.
    Alasia is a nightmare I can't believe that she is still in the competition. She has a bad attitude.
    Riana, Alexandra, Jessica, Ren, Branda and Krista are my favourites in cycle 14.
  • MiyagiMiyagi Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The judges totally hated Ren's picture this week, but I thought it was one of the best. I'm SOOO out of touch :D Although Raina's was stunning - very Adriana Lima-esque.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Raina's face is slightly wonky and she looks to me like Denise Richards' less attractive sister. Tatianna (I think that's her name, don't want to look it up just in case I uncover any spoilers) reminds me of Charlize Theron, and Ren is vaguely reminiscent of Wynona Ryder. Quite a star-studded edition.

Anyone seen the trail for Sky HD where they use the Living HD channel, and ANTM in particular, as a reason why you should sign up? Because if I'm not mistaken, ANTM is actually SD with black bars down the side.