Options

Graham Norton's ex does kiss and tell

13»

Comments

• Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if his ex boyfriend has lied on some things because of bitterness. He'll probably have gotten quite a bit of money for this story.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    the funniest guest appearances on Farther Ted ever :D

Indeed it was. Only surpassed by an 80s (P)Rick and Neil of the Young Ones on the train to do University Challenge (with Bambi!), arguing over 'Crop Rotation in the 14th Century'.
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Indeed it was. Only surpassed by an 80s (P)Rick and Neil of the Young Ones on the train to do University Challenge (with Bambi!), arguing over 'Crop Rotation in the 14th Century'.

It was much more widespread after John.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    It was much more widespread after John.

Considevebly more widespread !!
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considevebly more widespread !!

Alright don't get uncool and heavy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bryemycaz wrote: »
    Alright don't get uncool and heavy.

'Swatting away for teacher, like a total spazzmo.'

You couldn't even say that anymore. Gawd love it. :D
  • Options
    MoJo-GirlMoJo-Girl Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story has made me love Graham even more! He loves his animals to death - as I do with mine.

SHOCK HORROR - he walks his dogs
    SHOCK HORROR - he was worried about one drowning
    SHOCK HORROR - he was worried about them being killed by foxes.

This ex-boyfriend obviously needs a bit of cash and so did the indecent thing of selling his story.

What a douche.
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's a dog lover (he treats his own pets like children) and enjoys alcohol which he doesn't deny or attempt to hide. By the sounds of it, his alcohol consumption wasn't even a destructive force within the relationship - so you do have to question why it's an issue for him now they aren't together. Oh wait, the cha-ching sounds he was hearing probably influenced this ''reveal''.

The other telling aspect of the story is that Graham is very close to his mother and sister and has trouble committing to a long-term relationship. Those very people he's most close with are probably the most trustworthy people in his life. He's rich and famous - that leaves him vulnerable to leechers and hangers-on. The fact that this man seemed so willing to accept the holidays to exotic places, the expensive jewellery and the investment into his fashion career probably contributed to Graham's lack of commitment with him. He's now sold his story to a tabloid and tried to paint Graham as some odd, commitment-phobe, pathetic drunk who recklessly spends his money on his dogs. I won't even waste my time on the Irish comment... :rolleyes:

I think this a lucky escape for Graham. He still comes out of this kiss and tell with far more dignity than the ex. On a side note - I'm pleasantly surprised to see the majority of comments on that article are backing Graham on this.

Totally agree with everything you say. He's a softie at heart. Must be to be close to his mum amd sister, and loves his dogs. He's the best entertaining presenter, we've got on TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham will have got his quirks and issues, like all people have, but if this can be the worst said about him he's an absolute saint up to about 70% of the population by the sound of it, lol.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most boring K&T story ever?
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So he adores his dogs, and likes a drink? I think that story says far more about his former partner than it does about Graham Norton.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Quite surprisingly for a DM story, nearly all of the comments underneath are positive (towards Graham), pointing out that loving your dogs, being good to your mother and sister, and liking a drink are hardly bad traits to have. The ex-boyfriend comes off as being a bitter money-grabber, of whom Graham is well rid!

I agree with this. I think it's wonderful that he loves his dogs so much! It does sound like he drinks too much alcohol, but he's hardly a bad person.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This could be Paul O'Grady 15 years ago as well.

What a deplorable sellout this odious ex is. Graham was worried he was only in it for the personal perks and a potential payout and sadly his suspicions were correct in the end.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bookaddict wrote: »
    So he adores his dogs, and likes a drink? I think that story says far more about his former partner than it does about Graham Norton.

K&Ts always do say more about the person prepared to sell their ex out for a few pieces of silver than they do about the person they are telling on.

Ones like this are even worse than the shag and tell nightclub girls as you would actually expect respect and a bit of class from someone involved in a longish term relationship.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this. I think it's wonderful that he loves his dogs so much! It does sound like he drinks too much alcohol, but he's hardly a bad person.

To be fair, many people in showbiz or a public job have some sort of issue with drink and drugs (that they often acknowledge) because the job is stressful and demanding. He'd be no different from lots of public figures.

His dogs have come to his rescue in a spectacular PR fashion which has backfired on the odious Ex. How fabulous. You cannot separate the British public from a man (or woman) who loves his or her pets.

Graham, I think they deserve a special bowl of gourmet Chum tonight. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is it in the Femail section?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ylomyloh wrote: »
    Why is it in the Femail section?

Because it's the Daily Heil and they think gay men are women.