New TV show trailers/teasers for 2013

Comments

• tamibecketttamibeckett Posts: 5,261
    Forum Member
    Could you add thr start dates for all these aswell please and thank you

Early to mid september. If one of the shows in the fall fail, there will most likely be a new show to take it's place that was supposed to be shown later in the midseason.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Once Upon a Time in Wonderland looks amazing.

Also looking forward to super fun night. Anything with Rebel Wilson is worth a watch :)
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have I neever seen rebel wilso before? Just watched pitch perfect.... she is a genius.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adamo8 wrote: »
    Once Upon a Time in Wonderland looks amazing.

Agree that is a fantastic trailer. I was not sure what the point of a spin off from OUAT was - but this looks like it could be a well executed idea.

The BBC should buy it now. With all those British cast/accents it would be great on Saturdays in the Merlin slot.
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Agree that is a fantastic trailer. I was not sure what the point of a spin off from OUAT was - but this looks like it could be a well executed idea.

The BBC should buy it now. With all those British cast/accents it would be great on Saturdays in the Merlin slot.

All the British accents and the oldish/greyish look for the mental hospital scenes made think, "Hey, this looks like a BBC show." But of course the BBC isn't spending money on any big American imports these days. I imagine Channel 5 will want it as a companion for Once Upon A Time.
    Forum Member
    Why have I neever seen rebel wilso before? Just watched pitch perfect.... she is a genius.

Apparently the pilot of "Super Fun Night" isn't that great but ABC wants Rebel so they picked it up,

Seems to be a divisive show for people when it comes to the trailer alone. People either love it or hate it.
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    All the British accents and the oldish/greyish look for the mental hospital scenes made think, "Hey, this looks like a BBC show." But of course the BBC isn't spending money on any big American imports these days. I imagine Channel 5 will want it as a companion for Once Upon A Time.

Would BBC even take a chance on acquiring this show knowing it will be on ABC's thursdays death slot?
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So far, the only three I'd say I'm guaranteed to watch are Shield, Michael J Fox Show and Sleepy Hollow. Shield because Whedon + Marvel is a great combination for me, I really like Michael J Fox and will give it a go, while Sleepy Hollow looks so bad it will be endlessly entertaining.

Blacklist was a decent trailer and I like Spader, but I'm not really sold on the premise. Almost Human is the other one I'd consider, but it could go either way. Abrams has a very split record when it comes to TV, though the presence of Wyman makes me hopeful.
    Forum Member
    CBS

Hostages

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwD2OR3n0TU

We Are Men

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiZo4AjTbQw

The Crazy Ones

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-8JoUQzE0

Intelligence

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-nqhGQeniM

Mom

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkPTKPX_i6c

Tomorrow, last and certainly not *cough* least: CW
    Forum Member
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing the trailers, I'm looking forward to Sleepy Hollow, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, Dracula and Intelligence. Hostages has a good cast and a good premise but much like last year's Last Resort, I think it would be more suited to a movie or a miniseries. I can't see how they'll stretch the storyline across the potential 22 episodes of season one, never mind across a number of years.
  • M_L_MM_L_M Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    To pass the time I do market research surveys. Since I started I've done two on "New" TV shows. The first was on a Canadian TV cop show "Cracked" which I wasn't overly impressed with. However, once released it did grow on me after a while.

I also got to see the pilot for "The Blacklist".

This is a formulaic TV show at is best/worst (delete as applicable) that looks like its been hammered together by a very unimaginative focus group. Its only redeeming feature is that it has James Spader in it. With any lesser actor it'd sink without trace. As it is, I can see it (barely) making it through a season before it gets canned
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    After seeing the trailers, I'm looking forward to Sleepy Hollow, Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, Dracula and Intelligence. Hostages has a good cast and a good premise but much like last year's Last Resort, I think it would be more suited to a movie or a miniseries. I can't see how they'll stretch the storyline across the potential 22 episodes of season one, never mind across a number of years.

Even though Hostages isn't being officially labeled a mini-series, that is what it is. They are only doing 15 episodes total for the season (it has been announced that Intelligence will replace it in the Monday 10 pm timeslot at mid-season), and the only way it could come back for a season two would be to start over with new characters and a new story involving a hostage situation.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hostages does look good, CBS also has Reckless scheduled for midseason which I think will replace either The Mentalist or The Good Wife depending if they have a shortened episode order.

Out of the CBS comedies, The Crazy Ones looks like it has potential, not sure on the others, they've got Mike and Molly and Friends with Better Lives at midseason.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MoreTears wrote: »
    Even though Hostages isn't being officially labeled a mini-series, that is what it is. They are only doing 15 episodes total for the season (it has been announced that Intelligence will replace it in the Monday 10 pm timeslot at mid-season), and the only way it could come back for a season two would be to start over with new characters and a new story involving a hostage situation.

That's interesting to know. I might put it on my list of shows to watch so.

It's good to see that US networks seem a bit more open to doing shorter run series now with the likes of Hostages, Wayward Pines and Dracula being added to the schedules. Mike Kelley who created Revenge was in conflict with ABC over this very matter as he felt that the story arcs in the series would be better presented across a shorter number of episodes each year but ABC weren't open to this and he has now departed the series. He is right though as you can clearly see how Revenge's main plots have been padded out with random subplots in order to stretch the series out across 22 episodes, especially in season two.
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    That's interesting to know. I might put it on my list of shows to watch so.

It's good to see that US networks seem a bit more open to doing shorter run series now with the likes of Hostages, Wayward Pines and Dracula being added to the schedules. Mike Kelley who created Revenge was in conflict with ABC over this very matter as he felt that the story arcs in the series would be better presented across a shorter number of episodes each year but ABC weren't open to this and he has now departed the series. He is right though as you can clearly see how Revenge's main plots have been padded out with random subplots in order to stretch the series out across 22 episodes, especially in season two.

I think I read somewhere that these "limited series" is mostly for a cost-saving reasons. Besides if a show does well, they will keep renewing it for 13 or 22 episodes until the ratings fall off. Gotta get to syndication somehow...
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^a few ex-aussie soap people in those ones :)
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    ^a few ex-aussie soap people in those ones :)

The CW loves the pretty people :D

CW

The Originals

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UeZyB0ckOJw
  • cheesebigginscheesebiggins Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Really looking foward to a lot of these, especially Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, Surviving Jack, Micheal J Fox show, Mixology, Star- Crossed and The Tomorrow People!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never really got into Gavin and Stacey, but Us and Them looks really good, so will give that a shot for sure. Plus as a big fan of Gilmore Girls it will be great to see Alexis on telle again. I like the look of the Michael J Fox show. It looks like it could be good. And its kind of cool that he use his parkinsons disease for good. Silver Lining and all that.
    Forum Member
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Looks interesting
    Forum Member
    Forum Member