system health check

13»

Comments

• Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rai uno wrote:
    Why do you actually want to do this?

Because they are interested in the hidden feature?
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Tom is on a bug finding mission !!

Swat that Health check bug !!

Regards James
  • rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello James.

Yes, bug hunting, that must be it.

I can't see any link to Ironing :confused:
  • Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can confirm that using 0000 will eventually get one in. Took about 20-30 attempts here. Here's some high quality captures from my Thomson PVR3. Also, please note that on Sky+, it will cancel any recordings you have running, and when you exit it will totally reboot your box (I don't see why however)

I suppose it's great for Sky really.

Tell them to enter four numbers, read out a few things and then press a few buttons to try the common fixes.

If that doesn't work then they send a tech out.

Bet it saves a lot of time.
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rai uno wrote:
    Hello James.

Yes, bug hunting, that must be it.

I can't see any link to Ironing :confused:

Hi Rai....

Well Sky tried to iron out this problem a few weeks a go , however were extremely hard pressed to get it sorted !!

Sad isn't it , when I have to resort to the same poor jokes as I told 6 months ago , just because I can't think of any new ones !! :D

Regards James
  • digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

Firstly, rai and james :D

Secondly, it lets you in once and only once using 0000, but after that, you've got no chance of getting in. I tried it on both the Sky+ and Sky Digiboxes, and it worked once on 0000, but never again?

Tom :)
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Try the 4 digit code on screen in reverse order , that worked for me after about 10 inputs , it gets you nowhere interesting though :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone,

Firstly, rai and james :D

Secondly, it lets you in once and only once using 0000, but after that, you've got no chance of getting in. I tried it on both the Sky+ and Sky Digiboxes, and it worked once on 0000, but never again?

Tom :)
    0000 works every time for me.
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not for me it doesn't.
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't work for me either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    0000 works every time for me.

Why would 0000 work everytime.. That would be absoultely crazy.
  • Orry VerducciOrry Verducci Posts: 2,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, my box seems to have redeveloped the fault of crashing when entering any form of PIN number multiple times, so I can't check if 0000 works again. Thank god the software update is iminant, that tends to fix it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pkc wrote:
    Why would 0000 work everytime.. That would be absoultely crazy.

Hi

Crazy , a bit like DG834G Netgear routers coming as standard with the password set as " password" :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,258
    Forum Member
    Hi

Crazy , a bit like DG834G Netgear routers coming as standard with the password set as " password" :)

Thats not the same :) - Bluetooth headsets come as 0000 also.. but again thats not the same..

Its nearly as bad as SKY pin is normally the last 4 digits of card.. this would work the same would it ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pkc wrote:
    Thats not the same :) - Bluetooth headsets come as 0000 also.. but again thats not the same..

Its nearly as bad as SKY pin is normally the last 4 digits of card.. this would work the same would it ;)

A password is a password which ever system you are trying to enter , its a method of keeping people from accessing things they shouldn't .
    By default a lot of passwords are set to 1234 , 0000 etc so why should Sky be any different with the last 4 digits or 0000 ?

I have used 0000 and the on screen code backwards to access the health check but its not something that you can repeat over and again and gain access , from my experience anyway
  • dj9928dj9928 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why does my Amstrad DRX550 not have this option? I'm using software version 3.4.4e
  • digitalsatmandigitalsatman Posts: 7,057
    Forum Member
    It doesn't have the latest software. Just wait, it will pick it up within the next few weeks. :)
  • dj9928dj9928 Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried this several times holding my finger on 0 for at least 10 mins, does nothing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dj9928 wrote:
    I've tried this several times holding my finger on 0 for at least 10 mins, does nothing

Why do you care!
  • Skylover4lifeSkylover4life Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I gave up with the "0000" repeatedly after it went "Initialising new sky viewing card" I gave up after LOL! Got a tad worried when it came up that xD