The Official Villa supporters thread

Comments

• RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    Happy 140th birthday Aston Villa FC!

Although it has not exactly been easy watching Villa over the last few seasons this is a timely reminder as to why we are lucky to support such a great club:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAY54jvd8Eg
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy 140th birthday Aston Villa FC!

Although it has not exactly been easy watching Villa over the last few seasons this is a timely reminder as to why we are lucky to support such a great club:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAY54jvd8Eg

Wow I actually got really emotional watching that.:( Makes me proud to be a Villa fan, even if we're not in a good place right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9 games without a win. Almost a QUARTER of a season without a win. Lambert's time is surely up now.>:(
  • MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    You know when things are bad when you are happy with a draw with Burnley!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wahey, we won a game!:o:D
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    We were lucky to come away with all 3 points playing like that. Benteke's goal was amazing.

I can't believe how good Crystal Palace have become. Their ball retention is light years ahead. How has it come to this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I'm glad we won, but ive given up on hoping for a good run of results under Lambert tbh
    Forum Member
    I'm still in shock in Villa winning at Palace and it's amazing how what a difference 3 points make but let's hope we can follow it up with a decent result against Leicester!
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A win against Leicester is a must , and with multiple goals
    Forum Member
    We do need a win today against Leicester as that would keep us away from the bottom of the table!
    Forum Member
    >:(>:(>:(

I would sack Lambert now while the game is going on :D
    Forum Member
    Phew,, good goal

i would still sack Lambert :D
    Forum Member
    Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss

good goal Hutton, i was screaming for him to pull it back into the box, but that was an excellent finish,, better than some strikers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Up to 11th now...that's a bit better!:D
    Forum Member
    phew,,, another game we have scraped through, some good performances from Gabby , Benteke and Hutton, but at times its Jekyll and Hyde, ranging from pointless passes in our own half, through to kick and rush football, through to some decent play.

Lambert still has to go imo, sorry :blush::(
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets be honest if we struggle to beat a 10 man team propping up the Premiership then its going to be a difficult season
    Forum Member
    Well Blackpool at Villa Park isn't a bad draw in the FA cup!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »

We thought that about Sheffield United last year.:(
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    We thought that about Sheffield United last year.:(

we will go 1-0 up after 10 minutes, defend with our backs to the wall for the rest of the game and get beaten 2-1 in the last 5 minutes :D:D:D,, thats Lamberts game plan anyway :D
  • TanequilTanequil Posts: 366,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back to what is now considered normal.

Next week Man Utd.
  • RichievillaRichievilla Posts: 6,179
    Forum Member
    Stupid from Richardson and a chance to get to mid-table against one of the worst teams in the league has gone. Whilst footy is a funny old game I have seen every home game against Man Utd this century and for some reason we always stand off them and let them do what they want, so I cannot see anything other than (at least) another 2 or 3 goal defeat.

That will mean back in the relegation mix and huge pressure for the Sunderland, Palace and Leicester games. It is good to see Delph back (possibly temporarily) and Okore looks potentially very good but we need to start scoring otherwise we could be in big trouble. 10 goals in 16 league games is disgraceful and 96 in 92 since Lambert became manager is abysmal.

I am sure that Tom Fox has the best of intentions but having watched nearly all the, mostly, drivel served up at VP over the past 4 and a half seasons my reaction is that I will believe it when I see it:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tom-fox-feature-aston-villa-8279153
    Forum Member
    I think most Villa fans expect our usual loss to Man Utd tomorrow

I see that Arsenal are sending Sanogo out on loan in January.Maybe Villa could get him to improve our forwards
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah...surely not...the implosion has to be coming...:o
    Forum Member
    Good goal from Benteke,, we are playing really well, we are playing 3 at the back and we look more comfortable at the moment, apart from a few nervous passes around our own box, we deserve the lead imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good perfomance, great point.:D

Dreadful refereeing.