PS Plus renewal

K DugganK Duggan Posts: 164
Forum Member
Hi guys,
I have a 3 monthly renewing subscription to PS Plus. I plan on taking my PS3 away to work with me for 3 months where there is no/very limited internet connection (on a ship).
If I'm away whilst my membership renews and my PS3 is not connected to the internet will I lose the games that were downloaded through my PS Plus subscription until it connects back up to the internet?
If so, I may take out a 12 month subscription. What happens if I already have a 3 monthly subscription that has time left (2 months remaining at present)?

Comments

• rock8633rock8633 Posts: 1,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I lose access to my PlayStation Plus games if my subscription expires?

You can keep any content you pay for on top of your sunscription fee, such as a game downloaded at a special offer price, and you can keep using all games downloaded at no extra cost as long as you remain subscribed to PlayStation Plus.

Will I get access to my PlayStation Plus games if I renew my subscription after it has lapsed?

Yes, upon renewal of your subscription you will get access to your PlayStation Plus games. We recommend you take advantage of automatic renewal to ensure you don't miss out.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    K Duggan wrote: »
    What happens if I already have a 3 monthly subscription that has time left (2 months remaining at present)?

It builds up concurrently so if you buy 12 months now your subscription will elapse in 14 months time.

I tend to pick up a new 12month card every time they're on sale, so I'm currently signed up til May 2015.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm away whilst my membership renews and my PS3 is not connected to the internet will I lose the games that were downloaded through my PS Plus subscription until it connects back up to the internet?
    Yes you will lose access as your PS3 wouldn't know that you have renewed your subscription without being connected to the internet.
  • steven123steven123 Posts: 3,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It builds up concurrently so if you buy 12 months now your subscription will elapse in 14 months time.

I tend to pick up a new 12month card every time they're on sale, so I'm currently signed up til May 2015.

Yes, mine runs till late 2015 for the same reason, though I don't even bother buying the cards as the PS store itself typically has some kind of offer ever 3 months or so that saves you about 20-25% e.g. common offers are £29.99 for 12 months or pay full price £39.99 but get 90 days more free, in fact this offer was running until very recently. I didn't bother simply because I already had so much subscription built up and I wanted to save some money for PS4 games, and in case they had an even better PS Plus offer later e.g. to celebrate the PS4 launch or at Christmas.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi guys,
    I have a 3 monthly renewing subscription to PS Plus. I plan on taking my PS3 away to work with me for 3 months where there is no/very limited internet connection (on a ship).
    If so, I may take out a 12 month subscription. What happens if I already have a 3 monthly subscription that has time left (2 months remaining at present)?

Your PS3 would need an internet connection for the auto renewal to work. Without a connection your access to the plus games will stop until you reconnect to the internet. You will still be auto renewed but the PS3 wont know about it.

The Plus games will work without an internet connection. I have only tested a week though.

Something to note if you plan to go down the adding 12months route. When you add the extra subscription to your account any game already installed will still display the old expiry date. If you are hooked up to the internet this just changes as you pass your old expiry date. What I dont know is how this will work in your situation, it might be safer to redownload anything that is important after extending your subscription just to be on the safe side. (Unless anyone with more information can clear that up)