Options

One Finger

Was that a set up?

The guy had two timeslots and bought from the first.

Why???????? - When you know you have two crisp vendors coming to see you merely 5 hours apart.

5 hours is like a week in the world of German chips?

Were the first teams crisps that good he had to have them on the spot at 9am?

The producers had some kind of hand in this?

Whatever the reason it was good telly...

Comments

• Options
    IsotopeIsotope Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While these people have been told to act as though it was a genuine deal,it's probably hard to do...

My guess is that it was the fact he made the 9 o clock appointment and then changed it that made the guy think if they really wanted the sale they should come at 9. The 'client' can afford to be a bit unprofessional in this situation and teach them a lesson, because it's no skin off his nose... the candidates, however, can't.

I wonder if he'd made the later appointment straight off whether it would've been different.
  • Options
    BroospringsteenBroospringsteen Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Isotope wrote: »
    While these people have been told to act as though it was a genuine deal,it's probably hard to do...

My guess is that it was the fact he made the 9 o clock appointment and then changed it that made the guy think if they really wanted the sale they should come at 9. The 'client' can afford to be a bit unprofessional in this situation and teach them a lesson, because it's no skin off his nose... the candidates, however, can't.

I wonder if he'd made the later appointment straight off whether it would've been different.

I have a feeling this was deliberate though.. to not only teach the early bird thing, but also to make good telly. The producers are very clever on this show. Pitting two teams against each other without throwing in some carefully selected "f-up opportunities" would be boring.

If I ever become 25 again and somehow manage to get onto the show, I will watch out for these.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are put in on purpose so Alan Sugar can judge them better? So yes staged in the sense that if they make a mistake that has been set up they will be pulled up on it the boardroom.

I find it odd that at 9am the first thing hie does on a business day is buy some merchandise. Probably the first thing he did all day, i don't think many people jump straight in like that. You don't see deals like these being made at 9am.