Options

NCIS Season 8 - FX - UK PACE - NO SPOILERS AT ALL!!

carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
Forum Member
No relevant thread so thought I'd start one to say....

Now that's how to do a two-parter :D

No 'padding' or wasted scenes. Just what looked liked a regular ep but with a big twist right at the last second :eek:

My point is this... a lot of shows that do two-parters do seem to 'pad' a lot. Some so much so that you could easily drop a lot of the superfluous stuff and do it as a stand-alone ep. Which is why I love this ep of NCIS as there wasn't any of that.

Cracking series; and only two more seasons to match it's parent show, JAG, at ten seasons! Will it make it? I damned-well hope so :)

Comments

• Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now got to wait till Feb to find out what happened....:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NCIS S7 ? FX are nearly half way through S8. Better not posts spoilers about S8 if the OP is a season behind.
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cracking series; and only two more seasons to match it's parent show, JAG, at ten seasons! Will it make it? I damned-well hope so :)

iiuc this is still the no1 scripted(?) show in the US, so it's a safe bet that it'll be round for many more seasons to come. - providing Gibbs and Abby keep wanting to do their thang. :cool:
  • Options
    Renko31Renko31 Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Glad someone has started a thread !

Yes, very good ep and great cliff hanger. Can't believe we have to wait until February for part two!
    As well a finding out what happened at the end, I also want to know what happened in Amsterdam ...

This series has been pretty good (apart from the episodes with Tony's father, which I skipped). If it can keep up this level, it should manage two more series.

Here's hoping.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    NCIS S7 ? FX are nearly half way through S8. Better not posts spoilers about S8 if the OP is a season behind.
    Sorry. Yes. My mistake :o As you can see, I had it changed as soon as I realised :(
    Tourista wrote: »
    Now got to wait till Feb to find out what happened....:(
    Really? :eek: :(

See! This is why I preferred it when we started US shows in January; no breaks.
    Better not posts spoilers about S8 if the OP is a season behind.
    I'm not, but you shouldn't anyway; as per thread title ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's strange because the US has aired the second part of this 2 parter. FX for some odd reason are holding it back for the new year.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's strange because the US has aired the second part of this 2 parter. FX for some odd reason are holding it back for the new year.

I actually thought FX were airing the shows 1 behind the US, but we are 2 behind now.....

HO hum.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last season FX rigidly stuck to their 'at US pace' To be honest it was really chaotic.NCIS would be on then off for a week then back on, then off for two weeks etc. Sky on the other hand keeps at US pace until the holiday and then takes a long break. They restart when they have enough eps to go on an unbroken run. Looks like FX have adopted Sky's way of doing it which is more sensible. It just seems odd they have chosen to split this two parter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I have to admit that Mrs Reilly and I couldn't wait until February - That just wouldn't be on. So I had a quick look on Graboid and lo and behold our impatience has been sated. I'm not going to say anything about anything.

I don't understand why the UK has to wait for months when the USA only stopped showing it for a couple of weeks. It's the same with NCIS:LA on Sky One - That's gone dark unitl sometime in the new year, too.

Most frustrating.
  • Options
    paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    The wait seems counter-productive. Now people will be tempted to (illegally) download the episode so they can see it quickly - or before the web is full of spoilers. If they reduce the period between international transmission dates then people will wait - why see a naff low quality rip-off on a PC when you can see an HD on your TV almost at the same time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    The wait seems counter-productive. Now people will be tempted to (illegally) download the episode so they can see it quickly - or before the web is full of spoilers. If they reduce the period between international transmission dates then people will wait - why see a naff low quality rip-off on a PC when you can see an HD on your TV almost at the same time.

Do I sense a dig? In my defence it was a paid for download and it was a HD quality recording plugged into my TV (albeit via an HDMI cable from the laptop)

But I agree with the illogic of the delay - I was happy to watch "days after the states" and if it hadn't been such a cliffhanger, I probably wouldn't have bothered to look elsewhere.

So, they're a victim of their own sucess in making such a good show that I just had to know how it all panned out.

However, I apologise if my enthusiasm offends in some way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The 720p captures that are available are far from naff or low quality. Also it's nice to hear the actors voices at the correct pitch. Tony & McGee sound really different when played in NTSC instead of Pal
  • Options
    crystaltipscrystaltips Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Was very happy to get my Sky never miss reminder that NICIS is back - until I realised that they are showing Season 8 from ep 1 tonight so it will be back end of Feb before we are up to date :(