HTC, Nokia, Blackberry or Google Nexus S

gadget_ukgadget_uk Posts: 441
Forum Member
There are so many different mobile phones to choose from, but I am not sure which one to get.

I'm looking for a phone that is good to use for the following:

Texting
Email
Music
Half decent camera

HTC Desire HD
Blackberry Bold 9780
Nokia C7
Google Nexus S

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• VallhundVallhund Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    I know it's not on your list, but I would go for one of the Nokia E-Series. I have an E-72 and it is excellent. They sell better than the C-Series and have a hard qwerty keyboard.

The Nokia E-7 is due to be introduced next month and looks fantastic.

The camera is good on the E-Series, they are good for Texting, Email and Music. I get about 4 days of battery life with mine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Desire HD or Nexus S.

The Desire HD is a bit big so the Nexus is a good one there or the original Desire which is also quite cheap now.

Everything you need a more. If you've got money to spend i'd say the Nexus S without a doubt. If you want a keyboard there is also the Desire Z if you prefer.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    gadget_uk wrote: »
    There are so many different mobile phones to choose from, but I am not sure which one to get.

I'm looking for a phone that is good to use for the following:

Texting
    Email
    Music
    Half decent camera

HTC Desire HD
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    Nokia C7
    Google Nexus S

Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Desire HD and Nexus S are based on the same OS (tho one is newer) so its a much of a muchness that said.....I would avoid the Desire HD due to it having a poor battery life and the SLCD screen is nowhere near comparable against the AMOLED of the Nexus S.

C7 I haven't been privileged enough to try....however given its Symbian it will have a decent battery life due to how mature the OS is overall (though not feature packed as say the Android or iPhone alternatives).

If you hadn't included Music I would have hands down suggested the Bold 9780 as imho opinion Blackberry handsets are the best communicators on the market....uts due to the integrated Email/Texting/BBM and the excellent quality phone calls.

Go for the Nexus S.....thats probably the dogs bollards compared to the market at the moment.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    Desire HD and Nexus S are based on the same OS (tho one is newer) so its a much of a muchness that said.....I would avoid the Desire HD due to it having a poor battery life and the SLCD screen is nowhere near comparable against the AMOLED of the Nexus S.

C7 I haven't been privileged enough to try....however given its Symbian it will have a decent battery life due to how mature the OS is overall (though not feature packed as say the Android or iPhone alternatives).

If you hadn't included Music I would have hands down suggested the Bold 9780 as imho opinion Blackberry handsets are the best communicators on the market....uts due to the integrated Email/Texting/BBM and the excellent quality phone calls.

Go for the Nexus S.....thats probably the dogs bollards compared to the market at the moment.

I couldn't agree more about the Blackberry, as a communications device it is second to none. The browser and camera are also much improved over earlier models. I've just bought one to replace my mentally unstable Desire and don't regret it at all. The music player is fine on the 9780, the biggest plus being I can hear it over the traffic, the Desire was far too quiet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    +1 for the 9780 here as well. Just got one and I'm very, very impressed with it :D
  • clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »

Some good points, BB are definitely in a huge lead for email handling, and both RIM and Nokia do an excellent job with battery life and voice handling.

However I will take up one point - Symbian is way more feature packed than Android or iOS, less of a need for apps to fill in features that just aren't there in the others.

If the sound quality of the C7 is anything like the N8, then I'd definitely recommend the C7 for music. Nokia have done wonders with the analogue stages on the N8, it does have truly excellent sound quality.
  • VallhundVallhund Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    +1 for the 9780 here as well. Just got one and I'm very, very impressed with it :D

I decided to go for the Nokia E72 instead of the Bold due to the quality of the hardware. If you do go for BB go for a Canadian or Hungarian built handset, the Mexican ones can be rather ropey. :eek: