Options

Jade Ewen - Teardrops

Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
Forum Member
✭✭✭
New song leaked presumably from her unreleased debut album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiwDhKJyuH4

I think it's pretty amazing and it's such a shame she joined the babes as they're going nowhere fast.

Comments

• Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! no another auto-tune catastrophe of a song.It is also very juvenile sounding.This was definately for the tweeny market me thinks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not blown away by this one really, but Jade is amazing and I'm so disapointed that we're never going to hear her solo album. Punching Out is still pure brilliance.

I understand why she went on to join the Sugababes, noone was taking her seriously, no radio or TV station (apart from I think The Box) was playing her. So she had a choice of a certain flop of a solo career or join a sucessful girlband and have sucess. Unfortunately she joined a dying brand and hasn't had that much sucess anyway. But listening to Jade in the Sugababes is better than not listening to her at all in my opinion.
  • Options
    Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh! no another auto-tune catastrophe of a song.It is also very juvenile sounding.This was definately for the tweeny market me thinks.

auto-tune? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music_box wrote: »
    Its not exactly like she needs autotune though her voice is amazing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Music_box wrote: »
    Its not exactly like she needs autotune though her voice is amazing
  • Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not even vaguely interesting, although its not unpleasant.

First saw the title and almost hoped it was a cover of the Womack & Womack Teardrops track .... which would have been hilariously bad if it had been the case.
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    Love this! Every song that has leaked from her debut album is amazing. It's a shame she never got to finish it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Love this! Every song that has leaked from her debut album is amazing. It's a shame she never got to finish it.

I know i was DYING to get this album. Seriously was looking forward to it so much and every song has been amazing. And her vocals are always stellar thats why i had to make an vocal range video about her
  • Options
    haim100haim100 Posts: 627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody can blame her for joining the Sugababes, they've been a hugely successful band and nobody can deny that - unfortunately another lineup change was the icing on the cake and just the beginning of the end! They alienated all their fans by doing that. They've not officially finished at all though, remember! They are currently working on their next album (even though Sweet 7 WAS a good album) I suppose their future depends on how the next album/single releases are received.

Jade's voice is amazing but if it's a case of failed solo career Vs join a successful band and have another shot at making it big, her decision made sense. If she had tried to carry on alone it would be inevitable that she'd be dropped, and never to be heard of again. Second chances rarely happen with new artists.