Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have woken up with loads of Bonnie Langford suggestions on my twitter feed (Daily Mail) Not that I can find it anywhere. Only 18 days to go thank god.

Found it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2286213/Ignore-sacking-rumours-Terrified-Red-Ed-stuck-Mr-Balls.html#ixzz2MGzdXVqd A joke article and treated seriously :rolleyes:
  • Options
    vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have woken up with loads of Bonnie Langford suggestions on my twitter feed (Daily Mail) Not that I can find it anywhere. Only 18 days to go thank god.

Found it http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2286213/Ignore-sacking-rumours-Terrified-Red-Ed-stuck-Mr-Balls.html#ixzz2MGzdXVqd A joke article and treated seriously :rolleyes:

let's hope it is a joke. The tragedy is it's realistic enough a suggestion for the BBC to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC surely won't go with somebody old again.
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saturn wrote: »
    The BBC surely won't go with somebody old again.

I think this is what's known as "tempting fate" :eek:
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Fing Dear seriously if its Bonnie Langford I will die of embarrassment
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From The Times Bonnie Langford's agent denies the Eurovision rumour. "If she is, she and I have absolutely no idea about it"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From The Times Bonnie Langford's agent denies the Eurovision rumour. "If she is, she and I have absolutely no idea about it"

few :D :rolleyes:

Doctor Eurovision saying the metro have said Alesha Dixon might be the singer, surely she will be too busy with BGT to do it, but its more appealing than Bonnie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »

Doctor Eurovision saying the metro have said Alesha Dixon might be the singer, surely she will be too busy with BGT to do it, but its more appealing than Bonnie.

Yup he still thinks it is Kimba despite the rumours. I think that a false trail may have been created this year. Well if they can keep it quiet good on them I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup he still thinks it is Kimba despite the rumours. I think that a false trail may have been created this year. Well if they can keep it quiet good on them I suppose.

I'm sick of rumours now The BBC just need to say who the act is they are riding their luck now and it will surely be leaked anyway with in the next few days. This time last year we were on the verge of finding out we had the hump, just cheked and they first tweeted to tell us we were finding out at 10:39.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sick of rumours now The BBC just need to say who the act is they are riding their luck now and it will surely be leaked anyway with in the next few days. This time last year we were on the verge of finding out we had the hump, just cheked and they first tweeted to tell us we were finding out at 10:39.

Still think the end of next week is the most likely.
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    I can't believe how little I care about the UK's act and song now. If they're going to be such bores and keep schtum about it until the last possible minute, I'd rather not waste my time fretting about it.

Anyway, I can't get enough of 'Marry Me' lately. She's got such stage presence and she's note perfect. Such a fun entry.
  • Options
    Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hera Bjork has won the International section of the famous Vina del Mar Festival in Chile. Even though there were only 6 countries competing she had to sing her song on 3 consecutive nights and when I say nights it was actually around 3am local time. This is a marathon festival like no other with different sections and several national and international guests performing during the week. This is her winning song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPVov0NUcDk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still think the end of next week is the most likely.

that's when the radio press release will be out won't it. so we will have to know by then.
    I can't believe how little I care about the UK's act and song now. If they're going to be such bores and keep schtum about it until the last possible minute, I'd rather not waste my time fretting about it.

Anyway, I can't get enough of 'Marry Me' lately. She's got such stage presence and she's note perfect. Such a fun entry.

It will have to be some one really good with an amazing song for me to be supporting us this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that's when the radio press release will be out won't it. so we will have to know by then.

Yup even if they don't say (depends on the interview time) I'd expect the press to have a release to them if it's not available to everyone.
  • Options
    SaturnSaturn Posts: 18,971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Surely the beeb won't want Alesha after she jumped ship to ITV.
  • Options
    Markyd10Markyd10 Posts: 249
    Forum Member

Marry Me might just be my favourite entry so far this year but I still would have preferred Mikael :cry:

As for the UK entry, with all this waiting it had better be a good one otherwise they've built up all this anticipation for no reason, just making people resent the choice even more if it's someone crap.
  • Options
    contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    Markyd10 wrote: »
    Marry Me might just be my favourite entry so far this year but I still would have preferred Mikael :cry:

Don't! :eek: You'll get Rosie started...wish there was room for them both...;)
  • Options
    nick1990nick1990 Posts: 4,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bonnie Langford.......eugh....please let this be one of those horrible horrible rumours :eek:
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently this was removed last night

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8861/breakingnewsb.png
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently this was removed last night

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/8861/breakingnewsb.png

It's a photoshop joke :D
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've no idea why the BBC are being so precious about the whole thing. They should have revealed the act weeks ago....most people in the UK outside the Eurovision fanbase couldn't give a toss who the entrant is, and I see no tactical advantage whatsoever in delaying the announcement for so long.
  • Options
    itunesfestival2itunesfestival2 Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a photoshop joke :D

True - but there are rumours on like boombangablog, ukeurovision and other people on twitter saying they accidentally tweeted that kimberley walsh will represent the UK..........oh help.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True - but there are rumours on like boombangablog, ukeurovision and other people on twitter saying they accidentally tweeted that kimberley walsh will represent the UK..........oh help.

And that was one person on twitter saying that. As Andy ESCKaz said if that had occured more than one person would have seen it. Escdaily put up the rumours of Leane Mitchell for 5 seconds when we were all watching Austria and loads of people picked it up and they have a 10th of the followers BBC Eurovision have.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We will find out within 18 days, not exactly long or much longer then last year. People being a bit melodramatic
This discussion has been closed.