Cancelled subscription now they want £10/month!

2»

Comments

• Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes if Sky can't prove that you agreed to a 12 month contract then there is no 12 month contract. Simple as that!

In law where a contract is ambiguous or as in this case can't be proved, then the law always sides with the party that didn't draw up the contract.

What underhanded dirty tricks Sky play and it's this doesn't show what a nasty greedy little company it is and not just a business then I don't know what does.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ShaunIOW wrote: »
    ...... my Sky TV turns off on 28th March and I've been looking at the Humax 1000s Freesat+ PVR 1Tb to replace my sky box - its nearly £300 but with interest free credit it'll cost me £25pm so I'll still be saving £9.50pm for a year, then no monthly bills after that.

Of course you will lose content to ,so maybe you are not really comparing like for like

Its less money for less content
  • ktla5ktla5 Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course you will lose content to ,so maybe you are not really comparing like for like

Bit like selling your Aston Martin, and buying a Corsa, both do similar jobs, but you get a bit more with one than you do the other!
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

True but nothing much I'll miss as looking through my sky planner I reckon 95% of what i watch is on the free channels.
  • Kipper2Kipper2 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Thats true - I noted which channels we (well my wife really) watched for a month and they were all ones that are free. Thats why I chose to cancel, and then experienced the nasty side of Murdochs empire
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kipper2 wrote: »
    Thats true - I noted which channels we (well my wife really) watched for a month and they were all ones that are free. Thats why I chose to cancel, and then experienced the nasty side of Murdochs empire

Care to expand on that, as everyone has the right to cancel, did they come round and maybe break your legs, threaten you, what did they do that was evil?
  • Chasing ShadowsChasing Shadows Posts: 3,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Care to expand on that, as everyone has the right to cancel, did they come round and maybe break your legs, threaten you, what did they do that was evil?

He's already said, they offered him 50% discounts, 75% discounts and four months free.

The evil bastards!!!
  • Kolin KlingonKolin Klingon Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What a surprise! Defending the Sky corporation against all, again! :rolleyes:

If they are not paying you then you should at least get a massive discount on you wonderful Sky TV.

'Believe In Propaganda!'
  • chenkschenks Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If they are not paying you then you should at least get a massive discount on you wonderful Sky TV.

'Believe In Propaganda!'

http://1-2knockout.typepad.com/.a/6a00e5505fc4968834010536e09336970b-800wi
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

'Believe In Propaganda!'

Nope, not defending Sky, was just interested in what Sky had done to the poster, as they said they experienced the nasty side when they cancelled, why say that without saying what ths nasty side was?

And yes, I get 75% discount off my package, not that has anything to do with you.

Last time I checked this was an open forum where we we all allowed our own opinion, maybe you think we live in North Korea and we should all think like you?
  • peter05peter05 Posts: 3,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

'Believe In Propaganda!'
    Nope, not defending Sky, was just interested in what Sky had done to the poster, as they said they experienced the nasty side when they cancelled, why say that without saying what ths nasty side was?

And yes, I get 75% discount off my package, not that has anything to do with you.

Last time I checked this was an open forum where we we all allowed our own opinion, maybe you think we live in North Korea and we should all think like you?

So we can not take any notice of what you say, as you are so far in sky / Murdocks pockits, we can not take any notice what you say, as you say it is a open forum so keep posting you PRO sky comments, but do not complain when people post comments against sky
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peter05 wrote: »
    So we can not take any notice of what you say, as you are so far in sky / Murdocks pockits, we can not take any notice what you say, as you say it is a open forum so keep posting you PRO sky comments, but do not complain when people post comments against sky
    Perhaps you ought to remember that when people post comments against freesat.
  • swillsswills Posts: 4,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree - ALL calls are recorded - but gthe anouncement at Sky says that they 'may' be recorded, this allows them to claim it wasn't recorded if it doesn't support their claim.

I always say to whatever company I have hassle with, Sky are no exception, that actually I made the call from work, ALL our calls are recorded, so if you can't find it, I will be able to...:) that can stop them dead in their tracks
  • max99max99 Posts: 9,002
    Forum Member

He mentions it on this thread. Make sure you read through to the end.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    max99 wrote: »
    He mentions it on this thread. Make sure you read through to the end.

That link is for THIS thread :confused:

As it was over 2 years old, i had read it once, so didn't go back and read it again, i assumed this was something new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peter05 wrote: »

Nope, not in anyone pockets, if you care to go and find my other posts (as you like doing so), you will see i cancelled Sky and went elsewhere, they sent me a "come back to Sky offer" that i could not refuse, doesn't mean i have to like everything they do because i get a good deal.

Aain, i was just interested in what the poster meant by his comment (i do not see the point of saying things without expanding on what you mean - it's like those idiots on Facebook who put things like "I don't believe it" or other such things, without saying what they are on about - what is the point?).
  • Kipper2Kipper2 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Sodafountain if you read the thread from start as Max99 suggests you'll see I listed how Sky behaved so as to gain advice and then to help others. It was quite daunting when a company of it's size was threatening me with debt recovery and credit blacklisting. I expect a lot of people are intimidated and give in. What really annoyed me was they claimed the original telephone recording could not be found. I suspect it was found, but didnt back their case. They then refused to reply to my correspondence. They are a disgrace, like the rest of Murdoch's empire, quite ironic when you think how many peoples phones they succcessfully hacked!