bt sports

Comments

• Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a516 wrote: »
    Obviously.

If you read back, I was replying and agreeing to Chrisy's post, which challenged an assumption made on Tuesday on this thread. Forum members do deserve to see "facts" challenged and to see an explanation why certain things may or may not happen. There is no "argument" per se, there is the outlining of Digital UK policy which you and your mate appear to refuse to acknowledge. I suspect some users would only be happy if they could spout the factual / libelous assumptions without any form of challenge at all. And yes, anything to do with the future state of Top Up TV is an assumption and anything said "as fact" to actively discredit or malign the service before any official announcement is made is potentially libelous, regardless of whether or not we personally think pay DTT is a good or bad idea. (I'm not a fan, there you go...)

I think it is proper to be able to pick points and explain the matter in more depth. I find the blanket dismissal of points by forum members without explaining why they are of that opinion absolutely astonishing; equally the sudden belittling of issues that they themselves contributed to becoming an issue in the first place.

Oh yeah Top Up TV will sue me for libellous comments about their already discredited "service" :D

TUTV have had the rug pulled from under their feet because they have left the service to wither away. It entirely their own fault. They could have provided a decent service but they didn't bother. And no amount of arguing about LCN's will change this im afraid :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    a516 wrote: »
    However, I understand that forum members may be too busy liaising with BT, providing us with invaluable extra content not stated in the press releases, and arranging travel tickets to go and oversee the closing down of Top Up TV, preparing P45s etc to have a reasoned discussion, and that is its unlikely that we will be able to discuss the matter constructively in this place.
    It's about time somebody said it.

The word 'fact' gets thrown around here so often that it has lost its meaning. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    TUTV have had the rug pulled from under their feet because they have left the service to wither away. It entirely their own fault. They could have provided a decent service but they didn't bother. And no amount of arguing about LCN's will change this im afraid :D
    Yep, because it's just that easy to run their business.

I don't think you should be worrying so much about 'their' credibility.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Yep, because it's just that easy to run their business.

I don't think you should be worrying so much about 'their' credibility.

Len Blavatnik has enough resources to have made TUTV a success but he lost interest in the project.
  • Options
    NEWLINEtvNEWLINEtv Posts: 5,420
    Forum Member
    I wonder if this will be by-by for Top Up TV, if BT Sports 1 and 2 replaces Sky Sports 1 and 2 on DTT, BT won't need Top Up TV as BT can sell direct to customers.
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEWLINEtv wrote: »
    I wonder if this will be by-by for Top Up TV, if BT Sports 1 and 2 replaces Sky Sports 1 and 2 on DTT, BT won't need Top Up TV as BT can sell direct to customers.

How will BT sales to freeview customers?

Or will it be like Television x.:eek:
  • Options
    VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What do you mean, NEWLINE, BT will no longer 'need' Top Up TV?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tomee wrote: »
    How will BT sales to freeview customers?

Or will it be like Television x.:eek:

Huh?
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    What do you mean, NEWLINE, BT will no longer 'need' Top Up TV?

there's been rumors going around about BT buying Top Up TV
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huh?

I let another member explain it to you if you can't understand what i am saying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tomee wrote: »
    I let another member explain it to you if you can't understand what i am saying.

Having slept on it, I understand now...

BT could buy the encryption from TUTV if TUTV close, they wouldn't need to buy-out the company.

Are TUTV in any debt?, if so, would BT want to buy the debt?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having slept on it, I understand now...

BT could buy the encryption from TUTV if TUTV close, they wouldn't need to buy-out the company.

Are TUTV in any debt?, if so, would BT want to buy the debt?

Nagravision Merlin is used by many pay TV operators throughout the world and absolutely no one of them had to buy Top Up TV to use it. Thats because they licence it! :D

PS Virgin Media in the UK use it. Here is a long list of companies who use it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagravision
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nagravision Merlin is used by many pay TV operators throughout the world and absolutely no one of them had to buy Top Up TV to use it. Thats because they licence it! :D

Thank you, I had a funny feeling TUTV licensed the encryption from a 3rd party, but wasn't 100% sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you, I had a funny feeling TUTV licensed the encryption from a 3rd party, but wasn't 100% sure.

The Kudelski Group will licence it to anyone who is willing to pay them and that includes Top Up TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks live Virgin Media have done a deal to get BT Sports!

https://customer.virginmedia.com/forms/btsport/3
  • Options
    duffman25duffman25 Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    see if top up tv can now do a deal or let every one down, it would be good for bt and top up tv even more so if they allow you to use a cam like espn that will then give them a huge market not like sky sports.
  • Options
    Kipper2Kipper2 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I agree, millions of £s income for little outlay must appeal to BT as we speculated in February

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=64328827&highlight=#post64328827

and if they continue with ESPN then BT1 & 2 may be included.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So theres only the YouView from TalkTalk and TUTV platforms left to be announced...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i asked on there facebook page and they replied saying they are in talks with top up tv and want its channels on all tv platforms, they did say they have been getting a lot of people asking about top up tv. so that's a good sign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks live Virgin Media have done a deal to get BT Sports!

https://customer.virginmedia.com/forms/btsport/3

That VM web page has been taken down and replaced with another. Looks like they jumped the gun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    i asked on there facebook page and they replied saying they are in talks with top up tv and want its channels on all tv platforms, they did say they have been getting a lot of people asking about top up tv. so that's a good sign.

All platforms? But that implies a take-over.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is what they said There's quite a few comments about availability on Top Up TV and Virgin Media. We want BT Sport to be accessible to all and continue to negotiate with other TV platforms including Virgin Media and top up tv to achieve this aim.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffman25 wrote: »
    this is what they said There's quite a few comments about availability on Top Up TV and Virgin Media. We want BT Sport to be accessible to all and continue to negotiate with other TV platforms including Virgin Media and top up tv to achieve this aim.

Where is your comment on facebook as i don't see it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    That VM web page has been taken down and replaced with another. Looks like they jumped the gun.

Yip they have completely changed it!
  • Options
    1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

From postings on this forum, I understood that TopUp TV had the exclusive use of Nagravision for DTT - indeed, users have posted pictures of BT Vision cards with Top Up TV on them. I've not seen formal confirmation of exclusitivity but it looks likely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So with Sky sports 1 & 2 leaving Topuptv that will leave a month of loss money for Topuptv.That if there do a deal with BT sports that is.