Ministry of Sound - Annual albums

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone collect or own the Ministry of Sound Annual albums released each year?

I recently was browsing in a charity shop and came across Annual II, III and 2000 all priced for a £1 each... I grabbed them all as they seem like classics!? :p

The earliest one I own is the Annual 2 mixed by Pete Tong and Judge Jules, and the latest one I own is 2007.

Comments

• Billy HicksBilly Hicks Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    The Annual 2000 is an incredible comp, so many classic tracks there brilliantly mixed together. The mix from Fatboy Slim's 'Bird of Prey' to Spiller's 'Groovejet' is so seamless you'd think it was the same song!

As dance music deteriorated through the mid-noughties so do the albums, and from the looks of recent reviews they don't even bother properly mixing it anymore and just awkwardly fade one to another. The first few are definitely worth a listen though for some excellent tracks of the era :D
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    The Annual 2000 is an incredible comp, so many classic tracks there brilliantly mixed together. The mix from Fatboy Slim's 'Bird of Prey' to Spiller's 'Groovejet' is so seamless you'd think it was the same song!

As dance music deteriorated through the mid-noughties so do the albums, and from the looks of recent reviews they don't even bother properly mixing it anymore and just awkwardly fade one to another. The first few are definitely worth a listen though for some excellent tracks of the era :D

the millennium edition was awesome.

I do love the 98 one which I think was #3.

I stopped after 2001 as I thought the quality had become stale.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up Annual IV today for a pound, when I got it home i opened it and found annual III disc one in there as well as Annual IV! :p