Female Doctor

2»

Comments

• chattswhochattswho Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    As i said previously the doctor should be male like the rani should be female. However i personally wouldn't mind whether or not the next doctor was black or gay as long as he was right for the part.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not campaigning for a female doctor but I do want brave and bold casting because it should be a brave and bold part. And while I really do think Peter Capaldi will be great as the Doctor, he feels a little safe - unlike Matt who made he hold my breath for the first few minuets wondering if he was going to be right. If there is a female actress who is going to bring magic to the part I say " why not? "
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chattswho wrote: »
    I had this discussion with a work colleague yesterday funnily enough. He made a claim that the doctor could only take on the form of a male timelord in much the same way that river song, romana & the rani has always been a woman.
    Personally if they do go down the 'next doctor to be a woman' route, it will only be done to please political correctness. The doctor to me should be played by a male. Like batman is a male, james bond etc.. Certain parts should just be male/female only depending on what the part is.

Amen. I would sell my collection and never look back.

I used to be a die-hard Star Wars fan growing up. Episode I ruined it all for me. It's just sad now.

I used to be a die-hard Star Trek fan growing up. Voyager ruined it all for me. It's just sad now.

A female Doctor would ruin the show for me. It would just be a PC stunt like the Thor bit happening soon.

How many threads have we had on this subject, by the way?
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a few, but it's what happens during the off season and people are waiting for next episode.
  • Xmas_TrenzaloreXmas_Trenzalore Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [This is not a discussion about whether or not the Doctor could/should be a woman.]
    ^^^^^
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Julia Sawalha is my number one choice. She'd be great as a female Doctor. :cool: :D

http://thehshq.com/d/29544-1/julia-sawalha-0009.jpg?g2_imageViewsIndex=1

She would be like a sort of Emma Peel type Doctor, with knee length boots and Sonic in hand.

Throw in the leather catsuit & you'll definitely have my vote.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought Ingrid Pitt would have made a good female doctor. She had form on the show, was a well respected actress in the horror genre and had a black belt in karate, which could have been used in the series( remember Venusian martial arts?).
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    I would have thought Ingrid Pitt would have made a good female doctor. She had form on the show, was a well respected actress in the horror genre and had a black belt in karate, which could have been used in the series( remember Venusian martial arts?).

She was great in The Time Monster alongside Jon Pertwee. Roger Delgado was also good in this. My most favourite bit of that story was when The Master's Tardis ended up in the Doctor's Console Room with him and Jo. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahl3R2a2wuY

:)
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was great in The Time Monster alongside Jon Pertwee. Roger Delgado was also good in this. My most favourite bit of that story was when The Master's Tardis ended up in the Doctor's Console Room with him and Jo. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahl3R2a2wuY

:)

I think she could have done well as a Doctor and would have been far better than Peter Davison.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a bit confused by this whole conversation, I thought it was now law in the UK that Olivia Colman had first dibs on all female roles on TV?
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused by this whole conversation, I thought it was now law in the UK that Olivia Colman had first dibs on all female roles on TV?

I've never heard that before. Where did you hear this? :confused: I know she's had roles in programmes such as Broadchurch, Dr Who, That Mitchell and Webb Look, Peep Show and Rev., but with the exception of Rev. and Broadchurch, the other roles weren't her playing either the lead character, or co-lead character.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As long as she's under 30 I have no problem with this.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    I have no choice! i would watch episode one with morbid curiosity then throw in the towel.

So would I. I wouldn't want it to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So would I. I wouldn't want it to happen.

What if they gave her facial hair?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    When the topic came up last year, I was thinking Keeley Hawes. She's shown in Ashes To Ashes that she can reel off technical jargon and react to freaky dream sequences, so that would come in handy.

Of course, now she's been cast in an upcoming episode. And if we've learned anything over the past twelve months, it's that if you've been cast in an episode you can never be cast as the Doctor ;-)
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never heard that before. Where did you hear this? :confused: I know she's had roles in programmes such as Broadchurch, Dr Who, That Mitchell and Webb Look, Peep Show and Rev., but with the exception of Rev. and Broadchurch, the other roles weren't her playing either the lead character, or co-lead character.

tiggerepooh, why do you never get people?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pull2Open wrote: »
    tiggerepooh, why do you never get people?

And after she even made a similar joke herself in the Five(ish) Doctors.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never heard that before. Where did you hear this? :confused:

Lmao. :D:D:D