Options

ANTM Cycle 16

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Hating Alex - she's still a snide witch. Molly photographs well, but is a bit 'off' during downtime. Not feeling Kasia, she should have gone a while ago. Feeling the love for Brittani. Remind anyone else of the film GhostWorld?

Molly to win, if she comes alive during the tv ad.

I still don't think I have picked a winner yet tho!
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Recap, ugh!:(
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    Because it's the recap (or the recrap as some people call it :o ) I forgot to comment on it.
    I do actually like getting to know the girls better and hearing them spouting all these memorable quotes. But I think they should show the recap with the final, shown back-to-back with eachother. Rather than just being at some random moment, taking the place of the weekly episode.

Wasn't too keen on seeing the Brittani/Alexandria thing again. But poor Hannah, breaking down for being called unmemorable. Kind of ironic that her being devastated about not being memorable wasn't shown in the episode. :D
    She should feel sorry for Alexandria and all the sh*te she's had to put up with from the other girls, without having meltdowns.

Not really sure how the rest of the series will go, but I would love a Brittani/Alexandria/Molly final 3 (not that there probably will be a final 3) all the girls with bad attitudes. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This was an enjoyable episode. The editing made it hard to predict who was going, but it's about time Kasia went. She always has been rather inconsistent but this week she finally faltered and lost her spark, making me feel a little bad for her.
    I'm really not sure who will win now, Molly, Brittani and Alexandria have gone up and down like yo-yos in the judges estimations, while Hannah has been struggling to be remembered.
    I think we'll either get a double redemption arc final 2 with Brittani/Alexandria, or a very competitive Brittani/Molly. I wouldn't mind either really, all three girls have rather a dark nature that makes them kind of interesting. ;)
    The only one I can't see being there is Hannah.
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yip, I don't see Hannah winning, top 3 maybe but I don't see her in the top 2. Love her though! :D Though thought he photo this week was pretty weak :o

I can see with Molly or Brittani winning and likely top 2. Very close I'd say.

I think Alex won't win just because of the editing. Yeah in their eyes she's 'redeeming' herself but I very doubt she'll win and carry the title of ANTM. I hope she's out next.

It would be a very tough final 3 with Alex, Brittani and Molly though.
  • Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really enjoyed that episode as i kept guessed who was going, thats how it should be = non predictable,

Brittani had a strong week, strong walk and shoot! at some point by the edit i thought she was a gonner.

Hannah impressed me! Was a very capable shoot by her, thought she get 2nd call out over Brittani

Molly is strong but her attitude is appaling, Alexnadria needs to be less contrived as she had such strong go-sees

Poor Kasia! The competiton out did her this week and Morroco not very pro-plus side!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was sort of surprised when Kasia went given the way that Tyra has been pimping her out all season. But I think it was the right decision.

I have been enjoying this cycle quite a lot. It is quite 'dark' in terms of the girls and personalities and also a bit unpredictable. At the moment I think Brittani will win, and although she's a good model she's not really someone who you'd expect to win. Hannah can impress me sometimes but I don't see her as a finalist. Molly doesn't have the personality to win, and Alexandria is too much of a wild-card.

Meglosmurmurs I agree that the final will be either Alex/Brittani or Brittani/Molly.
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Going to go out on a limb here and say the final two will be Brittani and Hannah.
    Both consistently good, and get the least criticism from the clients regarding their personalities. Yes, Brittani possibly screwed up that week, but does seem to have recovered well. Hannah has always stayed away from controversy which may well count in her favour, so long as her photos remain good.

Molly is really getting on my nerves now. I'm not really sure Alexandria did anything wrong this episode, didn't she just think she was "overdirecting" herself, the photographer agreed and then there was somehow an issue about it? Maybe I missed something, but I don't think she did anything wrong.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad that Kasia went last. She's virtually the only likable girl left in the competition, but she was so so much worse than the other four. I'm kind of baffled with the decision though. The judges completely over praised all season, and then just cut her as soon as they got overseas.

I think the final two will be Brittani/Hannah too. I thought they were setting up Hannah for elimination in Top 6 episode with the not memorable thing, but I think they might be going down a "your stepping it up, and becoming more memorable" storyline with her.

I like Hannah the most out of the remaining girls, though as a model, she's probably my least favourite. I actually love this final four. It's been my ideal top 4 for such a long time!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh well, so much for Alexandria's redemption arc win. ;)
    Overall though it was a very pleasant episode.
    I'm not sure who I would have eliminated, but Hannah is just so wishy-washy, although I have liked her pictures.
    I suppose with Alexandria's extreme personality she'll likely do better on her own rather than being the winner of the show. She took her elimination well, showing that she has matured alot during the show.

I kind of hope Molly wins now, because she's almost like a viewer watching the show :D with her cynical 'wtf is going on?' kind of attitude.
    But I have a feeling now that she'll get the Jenah (cycle 9) treatment at final 3. Where the judges decide to base their decision on the girls personalities rather than pictures and eliminate the strongest model. Ironically with that haircut Brittani looks a bit like Saleisha, and Hannah is kind of like Chantal. But I hated the cycle 9 final and Brittani and Hannah are far superior to Saleisha and Chantal so I think I'll put that analogy to bed. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah should have gone really, her picture was a lot worse. Alexandria was coming up to the end of her life-cycle too though.

I sort of want Molly to win too now. I thought Brittani had it sown up, but I wasn't so sure based on the preview for next week and also the judging at this panel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Woop woop Molly/Brittani final 2. :D
    Really want Molly to win, all the agency people really seem to like her best, but I think the judges personally like Brittani more.

Hannah did well this episode, but I don't think it would have been right if she had made it to the final 2 over the other two girls. lol at her confidently thinking she would win the interview challenge and 'angry' Molly goes and wins it.

In the preview for next week where does Brittani fall? :eek: Ouch, watch out for that wall, girl. Looked painful.

Can't wait for next week, Vivienne Westwood here we come. :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want Molly to win too. I prefer her a lot more to Brittani now. Neither of them are that likeable but Molly's personality has grown on me a bit too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hannah did well but brittani/molly are stronger models, Imquite excited for the final as Molly is ahead atm but Brittani is such a strong walker- should be a great finale!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad that Hannah went home. I really liked her, but the other two have been clear standouts for the whole cycle, and she just isn't a high fashion model.

Of the final two, I'm a bit conflicted. I've liked Brittani more the whole cycle, but I think Molly has performed better overall. I think Brittani will win though. Girls never get shown acting as negatively as Molly and then win.
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Happy to see Molly win only cause she had to endure that awful hairweave in the makeovers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooo can't wait for the final. :D

There's a DS poll asking who should win cycle 16 here:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s68/americas-next-top-model/news/a319947/poll-who-should-win-americas-next-top-model.html
    I really want Molly to win, she has been far superior for a while now, but I have the feeling that with Brittani's overall edit and story, she'll win.

Also here's a countdown of the worst pictures of cycle 16:
    http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/americas-next-top-model/americas-next-top-model-the-16-worst-photos-of-cycle-16-52111.aspx
    I was mosly in agreement with them until their number 1, which is rather- :confused:.
    It's Jaclyn's cougar shot.
    It's certainly of an acquired taste but definitely not deserving to be worst picture of the cycle.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Worst picture of the season for me has to be Sara's beauty shot by mile. It pains me to say it, because I really liked her, and after her makeover she looked stunning, but that beauty shot seriously is hideous. :( She looks so unattractive in that picture. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope Molly wins tonight too. I haven't been a fan of hers all cycle, but she's been kicking ass the last few weeks and overall, has a much stronger porfolio than Brittani, who hasn't had a good picture for weeks really.
  • Options
    roastyroasty Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Well I had Brittani picked as the winner from the start - by the looks of it Tyra had too, and the whole blip in the middle was simply designed to throw us off the scent.

Overall, while Molly arguably had the stronger portfolio and I found myself rooting for her, I think Brittani was the right winner and I'll bet she had the backing of Franca and IMG. Molly had too much of an athletic build I think, and Brittani really looks like the young models getting work today - reminds me a bit of Karlie Kloss at points. She looked a hell of a lot better with the pixie cut, although I hope they let her grow her hair back to how it was at the start of the cycle, as I think she looks a lot more natural and fresh like that, which is what you want from most models really.

Brittani really had a lot more going for her - i.e. age and build - which I imagine was discussed behind the scenes but was never shown to us. And she still had a strong portfolio second only to Molly.

I'm sure Molly will do well though - having a more Amazonian build hasn't stopped Lara Stone.
  • Options
    javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought Molly should've won but sensed throughout the episode Brittani was going to.

I didnt see the point in cutting the hair afterwards? I thought it would've been cut before the shoot or fashion show after I heard about it, but for panel?

Brittani suited the shorter hair and should have got that at the start but i think it's too short on Molly, especially at the back. Her look now reminds me of someone else, can't think who though.

Have to say Ann has improved her walk! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The haircuts were a bit- :eek: Brittani looked older and Molly looked younger lol but both looked stunning.

Well the winner was as expected. :D
    It was a really strong final 2, so either winning was good, but it was so painfully obvious who was winning, and I can't stand predictability. lol
    Even back when Brittani mouthed off at Alexandria, it was portrayed as more of a ghastly mistake rather than simply as a part of Brittani's character. Whereas we've been overdosed on Molly's negativity.

Overall I think Brittani needed this more but Molly deserved this more.
    Shame she couldn't pull off a Krista and go on to win after dominating overseas (especially since Krista still managed to win with the dullest covergirl shot ever!!!) The whole final episode seemed to be one big explanation as to why Brittani wins and Molly doesn't. The judges seemed to be getting ratty with eachother during the last deliberation.

Although the result was obvious, it's kind of funny that the winner has verbally abused another girl infront of clients, stormed out of the judging room, and not only laughed but fell ass over tit and headbutted the wall on the final runway. :D (Aww how cute of Ann to comfort Brittani crying after her fall, she looked like she was thinking 'Wow this is dramatic'.)
    Any girls in future cycles who get critiqued for any of these should just defend themselves by saying the winner of cycle 16 did it and still managed to win. ;)

Both girls are apparently moving in together in NY so it looks like both will be okay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Worst picture of the season for me has to be Sara's beauty shot by mile. It pains me to say it, because I really liked her, and after her makeover she looked stunning, but that beauty shot seriously is hideous. :( She looks so unattractive in that picture. :(

She has had one of the poorest run of pictures in ANTM memory hasn't she? :D
    Makes me think of Lluvy way back in cycle 4, but she did nail it on 1 picture I suppose (out of 5 weeks).

I think Sara's picture with Mikaela has to be my least fave of the whole cycle, they look so bored and uncoordinated, like they were taken off-guard. Looks a shambles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Glad Brittani won, Molly's constant moaning really put me off her despite her amazing pictures.

Felt sorry for Brittani when Molly's parents were there and she was on her own. I know her mum wasn't up to travelling but surely they could have sent a friend or another relative for her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im quite glad Brittani won, even tho Molly had a stronger portfoilo, i think Brittani had stronger poses and really great natural catwalk, Brittani be great for catwak shows and her modern cuts made her look so contemoporary

molly was just a little sullen but that short cut looked gorgeous on her and im sure with her talent she get lots of work too.