Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday Foxy, hope you've had a good morning so far.
  • Options
    avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    gottago wrote: »
    Someone said last night that Army of Lovers' whole performance must have been an ironic jibe at what Melfest is today and actually I completely agree. Literally no part of it was sung live by them. Even the spoken bits were mimed! And then La Camilla's chair moves over to the side to reveal the live singer doing her parts! Totally bizarre performance, the sort of thing you watch when very drunk and barely remember in the morning.

It was brilliant on so many levels, catchy too! I'd say that, We're Still Kids, David Lindgren and Sean Banan have been my clear favourites this year. Would be delighted if Lindgren won, absolutely loved his song last year and this year's is just as good.

Liking Russia, ballads have to be really good for me to like them but I think that will do very well.

PS Happy birthday Amy :)
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Happy birthday Nightfox!

Also melfest releasing all the studio versions of the songs is such good timing. Perfect music while doing my literature review for uni tomorrow :(:(:cry:

Link for loads of them! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEurovision03
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the very odd results in Romania last night I'm not expecting much different tonight. My picks, and probable massive failures, would be Mosquito, Diana Matei, Leticia,
    ABCD, Phaser and the rather strange Narcis. I see that one of the songs is co-written by Kevin Borg.

Hungary has one definite finalist in the form of the duo with the blind member. The jury adored them in the semi and I don't doubt they'll be top of the heap again tonight. I actually like the song and find his voice interesting. Along with them my other picks would be ByeAlex, Gigi Radics and Tamas Vastag.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh bless, you are all so lovely! :D:cry:

Just catching up on some of the entries, really loving Latvia & Greece. Such a strong year this is turning out to be. :)

Oh boy I just listened to Russia, it's so cheesy you could put it on toast and grill it! I quite like it. :)

Wouldn't it be funny if the guys in the recording studio at the end just went 'Cut! Nope, that was crap. Do it again'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    anyone else starting to like the irish entry?
  • Options
    Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    mikey_mac wrote: »

I already did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just a thought on Aimee, hopefully she'll try next year and win!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    I already did.

the studio version and video is pretty cool - they should try and stage the live performance more like the video on malmo stage, give up the drummers as noone will be able to out-do the simplicity of the drums in denmark
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i personally wasnt that amazed by aimmee - wasnt bad but wasnt sure to get out of semi finals
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Why? Is she the only good singer in the whole of Ireland? And I emphasize "good" as opposed to "great" as she really was nothing special.
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost forgot......came across this a couple of days ago. The Romanian version of the Mayan Song from Moldova's selection. It sounds good in either language imo.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdhTKpcdW-U
  • Options
    Forum Member
    has anyone got early top 3 faves yet?
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Liked it from first listen. Is it just me or does the singer look an awful lot like Fatboy from EE?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Liked it from first listen. Is it just me or does the singer look an awful lot like Fatboy from EE?

He does a bit, actually.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    I want Anton and Tone/ Erik to make it out of AC, I've decided.
  • Options
    Forum Member

yeah - not as hot tho
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want Anton and Tone/ Erik to make it out of AC, I've decided.

Begging is a brilliant song, isn't it? I can completely see why it's doing well in the charts, and I can equally see why it didn't go straight to the final as he's relying way too much on the backing track. If it had been given to someone who could sing well live it'd be a strong contender for the win I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    has anyone got early top 3 faves yet?

Norway
    Malta
    Finland
  • Options
    alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Begging is a brilliant song, isn't it? I can completely see why it's doing well in the charts, and I can equally see why it didn't go straight to the final as he's relying way too much on the backing track. If it had been given to someone who could sing well live it'd be a strong contender for the win I think.

100% agree on this. Also the studio version of 'dumb' is pretty damn good. Cheers Amanda for buggering up the live performance:(
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With most of the early favourites being up tempo numbers and with it being Russia, a good performance and position could win for them I think.

I can just feel another Russia win coming up in the next 3 years
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

On reflection, she'd probably have won with a slightly stronger ballad. The fact that she had to change her chosen song at the very last moment suggests this could have been her year had she been allowed perform it.

Must say I wasn't particularly depressed that she lost out to Ryan Dolan though. I loved his song from the outset and was listening to it a lot in the run up to Eurosong.
  • Options
    emmetmclemmetmcl Posts: 2,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really don't understand all the love for Aimee.

The song was okay, but would never do anything at Eurovision.

Didn't Niamh Kavanagh do a ballady sort of song a few years ago?
  • Options
    QuartzManQuartzMan Posts: 1,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    With most of the early favourites being up tempo numbers and with it being Russia, a good performance and position could win for them I think.

I can just feel another Russia win coming up in the next 3 years

That thought had crossed my mind - if the juries go for it in a big way, then I can see it possibly winning
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member

It's brilliant!

I think had Eddie Razaz had it, he would have made the final for sure.
This discussion has been closed.