Assassins Creed 4

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GamesRadar decided to put the trailer up early. It's been taken off now, but if you enjoy playing hunt the video on YouTube for now there's a copy here albeit out of sync:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxO5Y4Gl69k
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to go back to more stealth based missions.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, having a game out every year is becoming a problem. I've only recently completed AC3, and I had to force myself to finish it. I'm so dissapointed by that game that I can't get excited about the next one yet. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, I don't like the way Black Beard talks about the new Assassin, I mean, is he so 'bad ass' that Black Beard would talk about him like that? I'm sceptical at best, especially since they put out a game with Connor as the lead, who for me is one of the worst characters I have ever played as. I think i've lost my faith in them, and i'm a bit sad about it, because there was a time that Assassins Creed was my favourite series.
  • sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    For me, having a game out every year is becoming a problem. I've only recently completed AC3, and I had to force myself to finish it. I'm so dissapointed by that game that I can't get excited about the next one yet. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. Plus, I don't like the way Black Beard talks about the new Assassin, I mean, is he so 'bad ass' that Black Beard would talk about him like that? I'm sceptical at best, especially since they put out a game with Connor as the lead, who for me is one of the worst characters I have ever played as. I think i've lost my faith in them, and i'm a bit sad about it, because there was a time that Assassins Creed was my favourite series.

Hang in there Jenny, I still enjoy playing the AC games. I think a lot of AC3 was multiplayer based, so not a lot of filler went into the single player game
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to go back to more stealth based missions.

Yep. They need to fix the stealth for one. It was just broken in the last game. I had the most fun in AC sneaking around in the Ezio games.

This will probably be the first AC game I won't buy. Maybe I'll pick it up cheaply if I read good things about it but don't have high hopes to be honest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    We've posted up a massive preview on the site: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a462890/assassins-creed-4-preview-first-details-of-pirate-themed-sequel.html

Any questions, let me know and I'll try answering them today.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I have watched the game reveal interview and I feel much better about the game. They talk about stealth, and that it will be a viable option with the rules of detection being easier to understand. That and the fact Kenway will be upgradable, along with his ship, this actually feels necessary because of the Naval battles. I didn't buy a single weapon in AC3 and found stealth almost impossible so this is good news for me.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AC4 is looking pretty awesome so far. I've played all the previous ones, except AC3. Just didn't like the look of it, and heard it wasn't really that great. Will keep an eye on AC4 and will remain hopeful that they can take it back and be as good as AC1, 2 and Brotherhood.
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like the look of it i like things with pirates in though i liked the naval missions in AC3 and liked the peg leg missions alot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damn, it actually looks good!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Damn, it actually looks good!

It does.
    Despite being a little disappointed with AC3 I think I'll definitely be picking this up now. Damn you Ubisoft!?!!!
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's weird seeing ads for this on tv already. Don't think I've ever known a game get advertised so far in advance.
  • jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the series and will be getting this.

I would have thought there are already enough games set in various Japanese timelines already.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    It's weird seeing ads for this on tv already. Don't think I've ever known a game get advertised so far in advance.

It does seem a little odd to be advertising on TV when the games not out for almost 8 months!
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    New trailer here http://youtu.be/M7zYDY5Pu8s
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    Will most likely be one of the first games i play on the new Xbox :D
  • barracuda91barracuda91 Posts: 3,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with those saying Haytham was the best thing about AC3. The parts of the game with him involved were the most enjoyable to play. Connor was a very unlikeable character and I just didn't care about what happened to him. The game was a struggle for me to complete. I got tired quickly of the side missions that I had enjoyed in the other games, perhaps that's partly because I also enjoyed the renovation system in the Ezio games and wanted to play more to get more money.

I also agree that the series would benefit from taking a longer break in between games. I thought all the Ezio games were great, although Revelations wasn't as good as the others. I didn't mind though because I wanted to see more of Ezio and his story. AC3 though has shown that they need to spend more time making their games so that the series doesn't become stale. Black Flag does look pretty good, but I feel like it's too similar to AC3, especially with the sailing, which I found tedious. I think the character being Haytham's father could be interesting, but I feel like it's a game they should have made later. Having a game completely separate from AC3 in between would've been better I think.

There's also no Animus in the game is there? I'm not sure I like the sound of that. On one hand, the full synchronisation system was a bit frustrating, but then again I thought the Animus was a really interesting part of the game. I suppose I'll have to see more of it before I decide if I think it will work without the Animus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alfster wrote: »

Translated as "I think it's a boring setting and i'm in charge so i don't care what others think!" :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Big fan of this franchise but I think it does need a shake up of the theme as getting a bit boring now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Translated as "I think it's a boring setting and i'm in charge so i don't care what others think!" :rolleyes:

To be fair he is right, if you want a game set in japan, then play dynasty warriors, tenchu, ninja gaiden etc. why do a setting that has already been done

How many games have been set in the same places / time periods as any AC game, none that i can think of anyway, so why take one of the most unique aspects of the game away, just to please a few of the more vocal fans that want it in a place they are already familiar with