Wreck-It Ralph 2

LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
Forum Member
✭✭
Disney is reportedly working on one to another animated success of theirs: “Wreck-It Ralph.”

Composer Henry Jackman, who created the music for the 2012 original, told Collider in an interview about “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” that Disney is in the early stages of development on a “Wreck-It Ralph” sequel. He remained tight lipped beyond that, however, as he believed the film is a sure thing.

“I can’t tell you more, not because I’m being coy, but I believe that it is officially on the cards,” he said. “I don’t know any more other than a story is indeed being written. I’d be very surprised not to. I’m not blowing my own trumpet. Forget about the music. Just the movie itself I thought was a fantastically imaginative and creative piece of work.”
-Variety

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/disney-working-on-wreck-it-ralph-sequel-says-composer-1201153234/

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the first one so i'll certainly be waiting for this. Just hope they can secure a few licences to use some more recognisable game characters throughout the film, rather than just some short scenes at the start and end.
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was talk not long after the film came out that Nintendo realised its mistake (similar to Mattel and Barbie in Toy Story), so if that's true you can bet a plumber or two may make a cameo.

I don't like the idea of yet another sequel, but its WDAS' first since Fantasia/2000 or 2011's Winnie the Pooh (somehow I feel those don't count), but I can see why they're doing it, they'd tapped into a realm that's rich with potential stories (just like Cars for Pixar).

I'd imagine it'd be a late '17/ early '18 release for this, unless they want to bump existing projects back.