The Good Wife Season 6 - UK Discussion Only (No Spoilers))

NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
Forum Member
Thursday January 29th, 9PM.

Comments

• Eagle9aEagle9a Posts: 20,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, I was getting peeved by seeing the More 4 trailer but with no start date!>:(
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank Christ we've finally got a date, thanks OP.
    Best acted and best scripted on TV at the moment IMO. (Suits & Scandal come a close 2nd & 3rd though).
  • gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic thanks for the update NinjyBear can't wait.
  • sherisgirlsherisgirl Posts: 2,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great Scandal and Good Wife one after the other,
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    sherisgirl wrote: »
    Great Scandal and Good Wife one after the other,

I don't know what/when Scandal is but very happy to have The Good Wife followed by Suits myself!
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Can't wait!

So many good TV shows on at the moment, and The Good Wife is among the best. As they've been mentioned in this thread, I have yet to see Scandal and Suits, but I'm looking forward to getting into them both.
  • Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Hopefully this means Nashville will be back soon and after the Good Wife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yay busy US tv Thursday night especially now Sky Living has put Scandal S4 on now instead of next year and yes hopefully Nashville will be back soon to complete the triangle
  • MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starts tonight. Seriously, I cannot wait.
  • AKFEAKFE Posts: 6,875
    Forum Member
    I was all excited last night as I got an early night and thought I'd watch the previous season finale on 4oD to remind myself what had been happening, but the b*ggers have taken it off 4oD! It was there a couple of weeks ago. So mean of them as it only (potentially) spoils things for one of their own broadcasts.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad it doesn't clash with Suits anymore. But Suits clashes with Scandal now. Grrrr.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a cracking start to the season, well worth the wait. Just hope this level of intensity keeps going.
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    Eek. I'm only at the first advert break but was compelled to come on here and say eek!
  • hopeless casehopeless case Posts: 5,245
    Forum Member
    What a fantastic start!

It's at moments like this that I lament the fact that I'm not watching it on a box set as the desire to watch the next episode is really strong.

I have to cut off your finger!
  • bel110bel110 Posts: 14,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great first ep .... Cary :(:(:(
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bel110 wrote: »
    It was a great first ep .... Cary :(:(:(

He always gets the short end of the straw.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eek. I'm only at the first advert break but was compelled to come on here and say eek!

Must confess I was "eeked" as well.

My only concern from that episode is that Lee and Canning are not transformed too much into "pantomime villains"....there was one shot of them in a doorway which reminded me of Dick Dastardly and Muttley :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I've never had a lot of sympathy for Cary Argos.

I thought this was an episode designed for "Shock and Awe!" To get people hooked on it again. But I wasn't over impressed. Nothing subtle about it.
    I'm glad Kalinda is still in it. I'd probably not bother with it if she leaves.
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    Great start to the new season of TGW with Cary's little problem - Kalinda, jailbreak mode, maybe.;-)

And Eli planning Alicia's future.:cool:

"Just ignore her, it's my daughter"
  • fayebeatlefayebeatle Posts: 1,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been looking forward to this for ages! Love that we get to see it on More4 but it started in the US last year.( September I believe). Last year I found out about Will months in advance. It's one of the best dramas on TV weirdly I can't stand Alicia. I love Kalinda, Robyn and Eli. Lovely to see Matthew Goode in it again too, how could Alicia resist him? Her husband is a letch!
  • Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first I thought Cary being arrested on drugs charges was absurd and sensationalistic. However I warmed to the episode somewhat. Still not the greatest season opener for me but I'll keep watching.
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fayebeatle wrote: »
    Been looking forward to this for ages! Love that we get to see it on More4 but it started in the US last year.( September I believe). Last year I found out about Will months in advance. It's one of the best dramas on TV weirdly I can't stand Alicia. I love Kalinda, Robyn and Eli. Lovely to see Matthew Goode in it again too, how could Alicia resist him? Her husband is a letch!

I'm with you. LOVE the show but have never taken to Alicia and can never really understand why every man she ever meets apparently falls in love with her. Find it somehow irritating and we can see where Fin is going.

I like Cary and didn't much enjoy the season opener. I find American prisons so totally brutal and god-awful that it somehow ruins the viewing. Will tune in tonight and hope Cary gets out.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like Cary and didn't much enjoy the season opener. I find American prisons so totally brutal and god-awful that it somehow ruins the viewing. Will tune in tonight and hope Cary gets out.

I know what you mean about US prisons.

How they can believe they are the land of Justice I don't know.

They create their own brutality, not only by having guns but also by allowing bullying and criminal activity to go on in Jails.

Their Tent prison is a gross injustice.
  • NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved last night's episode - I think it's really back on form... especially with Eli at his Machiavellian best. I hope we get more of Eli's daughter in future episodes. Glad Cary is out of jail - and I loved the group departure from Lockhart Gardner Canning Lee and... anyone else with the right money. I see Robyn being sidelined though - no matter how she is Alicia's most trusted confidante.
  • highfidelityhighfidelity Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    Got off to a bad start with this as my PVR didn't record the first episode. Happily it did record the repeat and ep 2 so have now caught up.

My goodness, they're really having a go at the American remand system, aren't they? And I confess to being a bit disgusted at Alicia & Co for representing Lemond Bishop, even if it is his 'legitimate' businesses which they freely discuss, thereby equally freely acknowledging that his other activities are not.

Is it my imagination or are they going more for comedy, with David Lee and Louis Canning's double act? And even more overtly mirroring the Clintons with the beginning of Alicia's political life.