Options

Votes -the bbc should tell us the figures.

2»

Comments

• Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It wouldn't change who the 2 couples are in the dance off are.So why bother reveal the figures?.
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C4 do release the voting percentages for Big Brother, but it doesnt effect the Housemates as they have no access to outside information until they leave the BB House.

It would be a poor strategy for the BBC (or X-Factor etc.) to release voting figures. Not only would it negatively impact on the contestants it would also impact voting patterns.
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    of course there is the conceited celebs, i give for instance that tom chambers, he always seems to act as if he is better than everyone else, for gods sake he should realise he is just a jobbing actor in a soap, now as for the release of vote info, at the end of the day if someone picks up the phone to register a vote then they have every right to know how many votes the contestants receives, and i'm sorry but the argument regarding if they know the results then it would affect their performance does not wash with me

Maybe it would show that Tom is winning hands down and then the week after nobody would waste their money voting for him assuming everyone else was and he'd go out when most people actually wanted him to stay in - that's how it would affect things. If voting was free, it might be different.

I think X Factor does reveal the numbers after the series is over. I definitely remember ITV saying the numbers for the second Pop Idol, the year Michelle won. There were different favourites almost every week and I was really amazed at how much it varied. Song and when you appear (first, second, last, etc) is much more important than these programmes want to admit.