Options

Which tv show had the best ever last episode?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    The last episode of the last series of Bank Job.
    The pinnacle moment of a week long build up when the two finalists were to play for the prize money.
    They were so greedy that they each tried to steal all the cash and therefore both left with nothing, a bit like Golden Balls but with huge amounts of money.
    Then the three eliminated contestants were given all the cash to share between them. Loved it! :D
    The two losers (finalists) were seen in the background wandering around in a daze while the other three were jumping for joy
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    They were so greedy that they each tried to steal all the cash and therefore both left with nothing, a bit like Golden Balls but with huge amounts of money.
    But is it just like golden balls where stealing is the only logical thing to do as an insurance against the other person stealing? If they do that you win nothing yourself anyway, even if you split, in which case you then have to watch them walk off with all the loot.
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blackadder
    Life on Mars
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    The last episode of Buffy was pretty good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heavenly wrote: »
    Did it not come in?

HahaHa
  • Options
    HerefordgirlHerefordgirl Posts: 3,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NYPD Blue - nothing flashy or dramatic, just Sipowicz completing his journey from drunken disaster to elder statesman. I loved that it was a final episode but not an end - he and the squad were starting out on a new chapter.

Six Feet Under - wept buckets over the end of this, so beautifully done - not just painfully sad (Keith's death) but also a bit of light comedy when David dies.

Scrubs - again, series 8. Like Six Feet Under, it gave us the characters futures and a comforting sense of closure.

ER - I thought the whole last season was well done, with various former stars making appearances - Clooney, Anthony Edwards in flashback (which also allowed the characters of Weaver and Romano to reappear) - and a finale with some lovely nods to the very first episode, and then Carter calling Mark's daughter to come into the ER, starting a new cycle.

Life on Mars - I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought "wish I could do that"

Blakes Seven - I was 10, it was the first big TV shock I'd had and I was literally open mouthed with horror.

Xena - Warrior Princess - again, I didn't know what was coming so it was a shock.
  • Options
    sp2011sp2011 Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends had a great last episode.
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    daleman wrote: »
    Prisoner Cell Block H
    Goodnight Sweetheart
    Blackadder

Yes, the last episode of Goodnight Sweetheart was quite moving.
  • Options
    calatheacalathea Posts: 780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    The last episode of the last series of Bank Job.
    The pinnacle moment of a week long build up when the two finalists were to play for the prize money.
    Then the three eliminated contestants were given all the cash to share between them. Loved it! :D
    The two losers (finalists) were seen in the background wandering around in a daze while the other three were jumping for joy

ACtually the nice guy knew the other one was going to steal so decided to to make sure they both lost and let the three other people win. Apprentlty they all hated him and no one wanted him to get anything at all
  • Options
    DanielWhitDanielWhit Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The one I have to mention is Blackadder. Fawlty Towers was consistantly strong, so that almost deserves a merit too.
  • Options
    ChuckyBlackhartChuckyBlackhart Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last episode of Lexx (The Darkzone Stories) was quite good from what I remember.

The last season was otherwise awful though.
  • Options
    DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Between the lines'. It was ridiculous, but u weren't sure whether a 4th series would come of it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Another vote for "Between the Lines", loved that programme.

Also agree that Spooks had a great ending.
  • Options
    RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last episode of This Life was excellent (forget that awful follow up 10 years later!)
  • Options
    atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RyJa wrote: »
    The last episode of This Life was excellent (forget that awful follow up 10 years later!)
    Agreed on both counts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Life On Mars and Ashes to Ashes

Not many of the shows I like have actually finished yet - not proper anyway. Only Fools and Horses COULD have had the magical ending but bowed to public pressure. For me, Goodnight Sweetheart ended nicely as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    Scrubs.

By which of course I mean the end of the season 8. I refuse to acknowledge the existence of season 9.

Am I alone in thinking the 9th series wasn't THAT bad?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seinfeld where all the characters they meet in the series turn up to testify against them. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beemoh wrote: »
    To make the rare suggestion of a non-dramatic show: GamesMaster.

In the same block:
    Noel's House Party
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 930
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frasier for me. That the greatest ever sitcom - for me - could end on a two-parter encapsulating all that had been brilliant about the preceding 11 years was nothing short of miraculous.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Life On Mars and Ashes to Ashes

Not many of the shows I like have actually finished yet - not proper anyway. Only Fools and Horses COULD have had the magical ending but bowed to public pressure. For me, Goodnight Sweetheart ended nicely as well

Great point about Only Fools & Horses.

That 'ended' perfectly with them winning the lottery & finally becoming millionaires, then they spoil the whole thing by bringing it back with Del Boy & Co back at Nelson Mandela House having lost all their money.:(
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My faourites have all been mentioned already:

M*A*S*H

Blackadder IV

Goodnight Sweetheart

Lost

and the one that has never been matched - The West Wing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QuirkyGirl wrote: »
    Seinfeld where all the characters they meet in the series turn up to testify against them. :)

Another vote for this one, it was a final goodbye you didn't expect, and the characters got their punishments. Although it got slated by alot of critics in the US, a bit of a running gag in the 7th series of Curb Your Enthusiasm that the fans deserved a better final episode.
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blackadder, I cried.

Frasier.
  • Options
    AidanLunnAidanLunn Posts: 5,320
    Forum Member
    No-one for the finale of the original run of Doctor Who in December 1989?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ks8BA5psNM&feature=related