Options

Voicemail

jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi I was told if I dialled #004# it would stop voicemail it didn't i lost all contacts so dialled *004# to get them back but had to go into iTunes and got them back but since up by the wifi signal there is a hand phone with an arrow how can I get rid or what is it thanks for any reply

Comments

• Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,633
    Forum Member
    I think it depends on your mobile service provider as to what codes you need to use. You do not tell us yours. As to the strange symbol it may help to tell us the make and model of phone. From your description sounds like you have activated call redirection (possibly telling all calls to go straight to voicemail).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou my phone is iPhone 4s and it's on T Mobile
  • Options
    tycho-magtycho-mag Posts: 8,664
    Forum Member
    jioscar wrote: »
    Hi I was told if I dialled #004# it would stop voicemail it didn't i lost all contacts so dialled *004# to get them back but had to go into iTunes and got them back but since up by the wifi signal there is a hand phone with an arrow how can I get rid or what is it thanks for any reply

On an iPhone, the small hand phone with arrow near the clock, means you have a voice divert set.

Those instructions on the web for iPhones go back ages and are for AT&T in the USA when they were the only company with iPhones.

You can most of this from the Settings-> Phone -> Call Forwarding menu - but to kill voicemail you normally need to ask your network as they have a "default divert" when the phone isn't answered to the voicemail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou it's done :)