• gmphmacgmphmac Posts: 2,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O'Leary'll be seating passengers in the baggage hold next :D
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what if he is?

So what if he is? Some of us endeavour not to do business with obnoxious arseholes. You clearly don't care. Not difficult, eh. :confused:
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,904
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »
    So what if he is? Some of us endeavour not to do business with obnoxious arseholes. You clearly don't care. Not difficult, eh. :confused:

My main priorities when booking a flight are cost and convenience, I don't really care what the owner of the business is like.
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook and Microsoft would be abysmal failures if their sales were based on how much of an asshole their CEOs are
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    My main priorities when booking a flight are cost and convenience, I don't really care what the owner of the business is like.

Doesn't mean that other people can't have different priorities though.
    Forum Member
    sarahcs wrote: »
    Doesn't mean that other people can't have different priorities though.

I was answering the point as to why people still flew with them.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what validity the OP's story actually has, but I do know I would never ever travel with Ryan air, even if it meant paying 3 times as much to fly with another operator.

Michael O'Leary is a grade A tosser who is totally profit driven and doesn't care how much he inconveniences and humiliates passengers in the process.
  • sarahcssarahcs Posts: 8,734
    Forum Member
    I was answering the point as to why people still flew with them.

I wasn't disagreeing, just adding. :)
  • Mitten KittenMitten Kitten Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never understood the hate for Ryanair,follow the rules and you will be fine.

Last year I went to Germany for a trip. On the way there, I did Easy Jet followed by a train down a small part of the Rhine. On the way back, I went via the local small airport. The only flight option was Ryanair back to London. It was my first experience and having read all the horror stories, was a little worried. I found the bright yellow and blue a bit much at 6.30 a.m. and hated being bombarded with adverts for the whole flight, but to be honest, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I followed the rules and the flight was fine.
    If they did bring in stacking seats, I wouldn't mind if the trip was a short one. I live in London so used to standing on the tube or bus! If they were cheaper seats, all the better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I cannot find any reference to it anywhere , and a search only brings up this thread.

Michael O'leary has come up with some stupid ideas such as vertical seating and shown his complete contempt for passengers time and time again but even he would not get away with this due to safety rules. The only time you will have double decker seting is on a correctly constructed double decked plane .

Michael O'leary is a nasty odious man who is only out to make as much money as possible, i wouldnt mind as we all want to be successful, but when you go 'around the houses' to add charges like baggage and printing boarding passes its just wrong
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael O'leary is a nasty odious man who is only out to make as much money as possible, i wouldnt mind as we all want to be successful, but when you go 'around the houses' to add charges like baggage and printing boarding passes its just wrong

Is it though? if people thought it was wrong, no one would fly with them.

People are obviously happy with the operation as they get bums on seats.
  • tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member
    I would never fly with ryan air their owner seems to be very immature.

You wouldn't have to put up with him sat next to you on the flight.
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Especially when a copy of the boarding pass is quite clearly visible on an e mail sent to the passenger's mobile phone.

That's just an arsehole apology of a man making the lives of his customers deliberately difficult.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmphmac wrote: »
    O'Leary'll be seating passengers in the baggage hold next :D

If people would/could only have hand-baggage, a double-decker "ordinary" size plane might be possible? More pax, less cargo = more income for the airlines and cheaper tickets for us. Considering the size of double-decker trains abroad, I can't see why aircraft can't be converted. Probably wouldn't be able to store your hand luggage above you, maybe under your seat?
    Anyone?
  • RobinOfLoxleyRobinOfLoxley Posts: 27,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cut'n''Shut is the way to go. A Green solution that will recycle refurbished old fuselages.
    (Grade A only). It worked with Routemaster buses.

Bendy planes that can operate from small airports are probably not a good idea though
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just told you that :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not get the beef with Ryan air. I flew return to Italy for an amazing price. I followed the rules, stuck to rules on baggage and had a faultless flight. My only complaint would have been the hard seat.

The ones that complain seem to be the ones that do not read all the documentation.

As for stacking, sounds like rubbish to me.

Let us know how it goes when Ryanair don't fly the flight you're booked on because of "adverse weather conditions" (when no other airline is affected), and they just leave you dumped at some remote airport with no offer of any way of getting home.

In the long run, flying with RA is more expensive, plus you don't get any form of rewards for frequent flying, which do end up being worth it if you use an airline a lot.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vosne wrote: »

When I'm looking to book a flight my first thing us cost and then that's really it,I could careless if the boss is a fanny or not. Steve jobs was meant to of been a tyrent but didn't stop millions of people buying apple products. As Michael oleary has said himself don't like it fly someone else
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    I do not get the beef with Ryan air. I flew return to Italy for an amazing price. I followed the rules, stuck to rules on baggage and had a faultless flight. My only complaint would have been the hard seat.

The ones that complain seem to be the ones that do not read all the documentation.

As for stacking, sounds like rubbish to me.

BIB 1: exactly!
    BIB1: Totally agree!

:)
  • RandomSallyRandomSally Posts: 7,071
    Forum Member
    blueblade wrote: »
    I don't know what validity the OP's story actually has, but I do know I would never ever travel with Ryan air, even if it meant paying 3 times as much to fly with another operator.

Michael O'Leary is a grade A tosser who is totally profit driven and doesn't care how much he inconveniences and humiliates passengers in the process.

BIB I think you'll find all airlines are profit driven.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    whenever i'm stood in a ryanair checkin/boarding queue, most people seem to end up paying extra for something. As as been said, follow the (strict) rules and they can't get you (even though they may try!)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does always seem to be people who have never flown RA who do most of the complaining
    Forum Member
    BIB I think you'll find all airlines are profit driven.

Yes of course they are. No-one is in it for the fun of it.