The young belly dancer

What did you think of her?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She wasn't that great. My mate is a LOT better than her, and she's only been dancing for about 3/4 years.
  • TYCOTYCO Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I just don't get how you can make an act out of that. Yes she seems good at what she does but it's just not that interesting.
  • CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the song she was dancing to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LfdAX8n6UbA

it was an iranian song. my jaw dropped when I realised this was the song she was dancing to.
  • _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I didn't think she was that good. Needed to be more toned, it was more a wobbly dancer than a belly dancer.
  • peaceablegenie2peaceablegenie2 Posts: 13,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was good- not amazing

it made Simon's day though ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wobbly jelly dancer, needs to shed a few pounds to look good, then she would be okay - half a stone overweight, but got potential.
  • Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was odd that they all raved about her:confused:. She looked as though she'd learned it at a local belly dancing class in the village hall. I think people who are really good at belly dancing would be amazed that she was put through.
    Forum Member
    I thought it was odd that they all raved about her:confused:. She looked as though she'd learned it at a local belly dancing class in the village hall. I think people who are really good at belly dancing would be amazed that she was put through.

They thought she was pretty.

That is the end of the explanation.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    What's with all this more toned, wobbly Jelly stuff?! she doesn't need to shed anything to look good... she wasn't overweight or anything.

Can't say much for the actual act, seen better dancing.
  • primrosegirlprimrosegirl Posts: 1,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't think she was that good. Needed to be more toned, it was more a wobbly dancer than a belly dancer.

I thought her figure was perfect for belly dancing. You can't do it properly without a belly to wobble!! :D
  • derbyshire duckderbyshire duck Posts: 14,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think she was good enough to get through
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    probably good and worth putting through to next round but that is as far as she should go imo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    petertard wrote: »
    Wobbly jelly dancer, needs to shed a few pounds to look good, then she would be okay - half a stone overweight, but got potential.

I wouldn't go as far as to say this was an outstanding act but I think your comment about her being overweight is ridiculous. She had a very nice figure she just wasn't a stick insect.

Anyway, television is notorious for making people look bigger than they really are. If you saw her in real life she would probably be no more than a size 12 or 14 and that is NOT overweight.
    Forum Member
    I thought her figure was perfect for belly dancing. You can't do it properly without a belly to wobble!! :D

Vanessa Feltz can wobble her flab a bit, it doesn't mean it's perfect for belly dancing - the muscles are meant to do that talking, not the belly-jelly.
  • UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    Quite a difference in belly there...
  • babinabababinaba Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member
    She was on GMTV this morning and looks as though she has lost weight (or she was sucking her belly in) - i thought what she did was ok, but I wasn't overly excited by her like the juges were for some reason - maybe it was better in "real life" than on the tv??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,565
    Forum Member
    babinaba wrote: »
    She was on GMTV this morning and looks as though she has lost weight (or she was sucking her belly in) - i thought what she did was ok, but I wasn't overly excited by her like the juges were for some reason - maybe it was better in "real life" than on the tv??

I think the "jugs" were quite nice though. lol
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Overweight? I completely disagree, I thought she looked like a normal, healthy girl.

Anyway, I think she was good and deserved to go through to next round, but that's as far as she should go.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's not overweight at all, unless you prefer you women bordering on anorexic like Victoria Beckham etc.

Its no wonder women have body issues today when healthy girls are accused of being 'wobbly' when they blatantly are not.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was no way overweight, and you're supposed to have a bit of a belly to be able to dance with it!!
    I think she was put through as the token "sexy girl" of the night though! I don't think she stands much chance of winning.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Didnt think it was that great, im sure theres tons better.

Most people with a half decent body could learn what she did in under a year, thats not a proper talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    I used to dabble in bellydance,thought she wasnt much good,heres a vid on youtube of woman who used do to our classes she`s amazing,miles better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVKAzCEe818&feature=related
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she was extemely seductive when dancing like that. I'm not surprised Simon looked at her the way he did when she was performing her act. I was captivated by her. She certainly knows how to lure the audience to her when she's dancing. She definitely has talent, that's for certain.