Options

Sky+ box not allowing me to change channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
Forum Member
✭✭
Query as to whether anyone can help me with this annoying problem. Recently when watching programmes on sky (prob not just restricted to one channel) the box freezes and I cannot change to other channels at all. I have tried switching the box off and/or removing the viewing card for a few mins and the problem seems to fix itself but its happening more frequently that the channels won't change over. I have also checked the remote and batteries work fine too

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    the tiny 1 wrote:
    Query as to whether anyone can help me with this annoying problem. Recently when watching programmes on sky (prob not just restricted to one channel) the box freezes and I cannot change to other channels at all. I have tried switching the box off and/or removing the viewing card for a few mins and the problem seems to fix itself but its happening more frequently that the channels won't change over. I have also checked the remote and batteries work fine too

Try turning power off for a couple of mins also disconnect LNB feeds to back of box ...Re connect and power back up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    jizzer wrote:
    Try turning power off for a couple of mins also disconnect LNB feeds to back of box ...Re connect and power back up

This has happened to me quiet frequently over the past week. When this happened yesterday, it worked ok after about 10 mins without having to switch off @ the mains. Does anyone know what's going on? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    My Sky+ HD box is working, responds to the remote okay, but there are no channel listings, and when I try to go across the top bar of the listings (HD& 3D, Documentaries. Sports etc) it tells me there are no services of any type available.
    I don't want to do anything right away, because fortunately It's stuck on ITV, so I can still watch Man City v Barca, but does anyone have any suggestions before I go through the whole power down/power up/remove card routine?

TIA

Dave
  • Options
    NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Sky+ HD box is working, responds to the remote okay, but there are no channel listings, and when I try to go across the top bar of the listings (HD& 3D, Documentaries. Sports etc) it tells me there are no services of any type available.
    I don't want to do anything right away, because fortunately It's stuck on ITV, so I can still watch Man City v Barca, but does anyone have any suggestions before I go through the whole power down/power up/remove card routine?

TIA

Dave

Reboot is probably all that's needed.

But why resurrect a thread from 2007?
  • Options
    Daveoc64Daveoc64 Posts: 15,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but does anyone have any suggestions before I go through the whole power down/power up/remove card routine?

As above, it's likely to just be a temporary glitch that is solved with a reboot.

But surely it would have been easier to turn the box off than to post on here?

There is no tangible benefit in doing anything with your viewing card.