Leona refuses to sing: Xtra Arabia

Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/awkward-leona-lewis-refuses-to-sing-during-appearance-on-xtra-factor-arabia-29296078.html

Do professional singers only sing when they are 'prepared' - surely anyone could sing impromptu, even just a line :confused:

Leona does look more confidant in interviews now though :)

I never knew there was an X Factor Arabia :eek:

Comments

• iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah, we're well aware of that :o
  • JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/awkward-leona-lewis-refuses-to-sing-during-appearance-on-xtra-factor-arabia-29296078.html

Do professional singers only sing when they are 'prepared' - surely anyone could sing impromptu, even just a line :confused:

Leona does look more confidant in interviews now though :)

Neither did I :o

I guess Leona was just feeling slightly shy, but as the face of X Factor she should have sung a few lines at least
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Neither did I :o

I guess Leona was just feeling slightly shy, but as the face of X Factor she should have sung a few lines at least

This.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,684
    Forum Member
    I agree :)
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest I think she should have just done it, but she had just sung two songs on the main show and singers shouldn't have to just sing every time they are asked just because that is what they do for a living.

Here her performances for those interested,

Trouble - Leona playing Piano.

Bleeding Love

She also revealed she has a new album coming out at Christmas on the show.

Also I agree about her interviews, she really is a lot more confortable now than being interviewed and her personality is really starting to shine through.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    The Queen does not need to sing for anyone she doesn't want to

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she probably just got embarrassed. Just because she sings for a living doesn't mean she's going to be confident doing it on command like that.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I just looked it up and there are about 40 different versions of The X Factor around the world!
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I just looked it up and there are about 40 different versions of The X Factor around the world!

Will Simon profit from all of them - X Factor is his show, does he have copyright for every version I wonder ;)
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will Simon profit from all of them - X Factor is his show, does he have copyright for every version I wonder ;)

Yes it is a franchise hence they have the same logo
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,754
    Forum Member
    Why should she have just done it? She was there to be interviewed, not to sing and after all she's a human being not some object that can be used whenever anyone sees fit.

The show should have been more professional and arranged anything like this in advance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought that presenter was unprofessional (to ask her) and rude (to keep on asking her). Leona is not a trained monkey.

Can you imagine if she'd agreed to an impromptu acapella and her voice had one tiny fault? It would be around the internet in moments.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a good job Leona wasn't interviewed by the likes of Miss Jones when she was promoting her early stuff in America. Anyone remember when she asked Danity Kane to freestyle on the spot :eek:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good job Leona wasn't interviewed by the likes of Miss Jones when she was promoting her early stuff in America. Anyone remember when she asked Danity Kane to freestyle on the spot :eek:

Miss Jones is just team too much. She cracked me up but my goodness she was rude! Her interviews with Usher and Christina Milian as well as her run in with Beyoncé's mother were car crashes but hilarious. :D
  • offtotheracesofftotheraces Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she probably just got embarrassed. Just because she sings for a living doesn't mean she's going to be confident doing it on command like that.

I agree. It's time people wised up to this when it comes to performers. They might perform for a living but they aren't a machine.
  • Diceroll_81Diceroll_81 Posts: 904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Miss Jones is just team too much. She cracked me up but my goodness she was rude! Her interviews with Usher and Christina Milian as well as her run in with Beyoncé's mother were car crashes but hilarious. :D

The one with Usher was brilliant - every time his assistant tried to steer the interview back on track they told her to mind her business :D
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leona actually handled it very well. Singers who really take their craft seriously do not like singing on the spot without warming up..just look at Whitney's reaction in this foreign interview at "3:10"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLn9_1Nq418
    Priceless! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbax wrote: »
    Leona actually handled it very well. Singers who really take their craft seriously do not like singing on the spot without warming up..just look at Whitney's reaction in this foreign interview at "3:10"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLn9_1Nq418

She looks out of it there. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    She is out of it there. :(
    Yep :(
    I've been a hardcore Whitney fan for years so I'm kind of used to seeing some interviews where she's a little "Not quite there". Its sad but I did find that one part pretty funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would have thought that any opportunity to sing would be welcomed given that her career is in freefall.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michelle32 wrote: »
    You would have thought that any opportunity to sing would be welcomed given that her career is in freefall.
    She already performed twice on the main show. Did you even bother reading the article?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I loved Whitney so that's sad to see. However it does prove a point about singing impromptu without warming up. A real singer can't just *click* sing no matter was someone said above. And why should they? :)

I remember, right at the beginning of her career when she was saying yes to everybody, Kate Bush was asked by a TV interviewer to demonstrate how high she could sing. She really didn't want to but she made a half-hearted attempt and it was dreadful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She already performed twice on the main show. Did you even bother reading the article?

Don't be silly, your letting facts get in the way of making a dig. :yawn: