24: Legacy ( Uk Pace ) No Spoilers

Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,124
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This starts next wed on fox at 9pm. Actually been looking forward to this which i never thought would happen with jack but im prepared to at least give it a chance. Im still hoping jack will make an appearance at some point even if its just tie up his exit.

Comments

• JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the first episode and liked it, although it didn't take long to discover there's yet another mole in CTU :D
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was ok. It does miss jack Bauer.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did it go back in time at some point or did I just read it wrong? Can't remember it ever happening before.

Overall though I thought it was decent and the fact they flat out said there was a mole from the start instead of finding out like 15 episodes in was a nice touch lol
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,699
    Forum Member
    kendoguk wrote: »
    Did it go back in time at some point or did I just read it wrong?
    No it didn't
    Overall though I thought it was decent and the fact they flat out said there was a mole from the start instead of finding out like 15 episodes in was a nice touch lol
    Did they? When? :confused:

I was perfectly happy with it and don't really know what all the negativity is about.

In detail....

Was really hoping it wouldn't be another 'islamic-terrorist'-based plot; but there you go. (Although it is only loosely, I guess. For the moment at least.)

Loved the 'throwback' mention of Edgar Stiles. Hoping for more.

Not sure if the B story is going to intersect with the main A story. I am forgetting or was there never a B-plot in the original run? (Though it could be a short one I guess.)

Not too bothered about the supposed 'real-time' element as it isn't over here anyway, thanks to the way UK TV does ad breaks :(

Only 12 eps too, apparently. Means they might not need to drag it out as much. 24 was always too many episodes :)
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it back and it defiantly went from 12:40 to 12:30 then back again
  • YouViewYouView Posts: 2,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disappointing. It felt so dated.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Was very sceptical when this was announced as a Bauer-less 24, but thought the trailers looked decent. Gave it a go last night, and while I tried to like it, I just felt very meh about the whole thing. Eric looks like he could be a decent lead, but I found myself struggling to care about anything. Maybe it felt too familiar? I'll give it another 2 episodes to win me over but then I'm out.
  • Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went in expecting it to be rubbish purely because I am a massive Jack Bauer/KS fan and I was disappointed and annoyed that they actually made a new spin off series.

However I have to admit, even though its not a patch on 24 it was quite good and I will continue to watch it.

Just to confirm a point above the time did go from 12.40 to 12.30. Not sure whether this was a mistake or whether it was deliberate.
  • Fee77Fee77 Posts: 3,901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was okay, also like the poster mentioned above I loved the Edgar Stiles mention.

In terms of the new lead, lets face it he's no Jack, when the bad guys broke in, he was running round like a headless chicken. Jack would taken them down in a jiffy.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched first ep and i liked it, yes at first it was a bit strange watching it without jack but thats something i have to accept. I think corey will do a good job as the lead. Surely though someone is gonna at least mention jack, maybe chloe when she comes into it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Watched first ep and i liked it, yes at first it was a bit strange watching it without jack but thats something i have to accept. I think corey will do a good job as the lead. Surely though someone is gonna at least mention jack, maybe chloe when she comes into it.

Is she coming back? excellant :D Also yes, someone has to mention him, stuck away in that chinese prison.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fee77 wrote: »
    Is she coming back? excellant :D Also yes, someone has to mention him, stuck away in that chinese prison.

He's in a russian prison isn't he?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's in a russian prison isn't he?

I'm not sure, it might be Russia.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fee77 wrote: »
    Is she coming back? excellant :D

Latest (as far as I can see) word from Jan 2017 is that she isn't. There was some speculation last year that she would be but unless they are keeping it as a surprise that speculation was wrong.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched the pushed on demand version and noticed Sky 1 break bumpers in the second advert spot!

Agree it does seem a little odd without Jack and the old cast but will stick with it, plus, initially at least, it would appear that you don't necessairily have to have seen the original series to follow this one.
    Forum Member
    However I have to admit, even though its not a patch on 24 it was quite good and I will continue to watch it.
    See this is what I don't get. You could have swapped-out the lead for Jack and, whilst the plotline itself wouldn't have worked, the actual show would. It is 24, just without Jack.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Edgar Stilea mention just made me pine for the regular show. But this is pretty much 24: The Next Generation. It's doing everything 24 did but the blue font graphic looks weird, the new them tune is going to take some getting used to and... well... no Jack.

I did chuckle at some of the classic 24 twists (you cannot trust anyone you're supposed to be able to trust) and the action sequences were good... but... no Jack

I'll be sticking with it but i just want to know what's happening with Jack because.... no Jack :D
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    The Edgar Stilea mention just made me pine for the regular show. But this is pretty much 24: The Next Generation. It's doing everything 24 did but the blue font graphic looks weird, the new them tune is going to take some getting used to and... well... no Jack.
    I actually, genuinely, really liked these.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd put money on Jimmy Smits' character turning out to be a total wrong 'un
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I'd put money on Jimmy Smits' character turning out to be a total wrong 'un

Yep, he just has that dodgy look about him.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I caught up with this last night. I liked it; pretty much as I remember 24. If anything it was better for not having Jack Bauer, because I had got bored with his background. Eric Carter has a new family and a new situation which is very different to Jack's, and that's refreshing.

Rebecca can't count. She said only 3 people knew where the rangers had dispersed to, namely the heads of the FBI, CIA and CTU. However, both she (old head) and Keith Mullins (new head) knew, so that's 4, plus there were surely people involved in setting up the new identities.

I suspect the mole is actually Mariana Stiles, Edgar's cousin. The bad guys turned up at the bus depot, so it has to be someone from CTU rather than the other agencies, and even at CTU very few people knew. It's hard to believe it's Rebecca for a number of reasons. New boss Keith hardly had any time between being told by Mariana and getting tasered by Rebecca to do anything. The analyst Andy Shalowitz has been at CTU for a while, so if it was him I think it would all have happened earlier. That leaves Mariana Stiles. We know she's only just started working at CTU, so it would make some sense if she started feeding info to the bad guys immediately so as to minimise her time spent undercover. I don't know what her motive would be, but it might involve the death at CTU of Edgar Stiles. If it's not her, then maybe Andy is deliberately setting her up, eg by making his protections weak deliberately so she could break them.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finally got round to watching the first episode. It was all nice and exciting and everything but i kept finding myself looking at certain characters thinking "that's the suspicious but ultimately trustworthy one" and "that's the one who dies halfway through".

When they went to the school i thought "aha, the unrelated subplot" :)

I've got episodes 2 and 3 to watch but if i'm not in to it by then, i might give it a miss.
  • 5hane5hane Posts: 2,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've given the new show enough chances but it's just one mistake after another.
    The ball rolling towards the bleachers was the final straw for me. Also. The characters are really weak and the acting is horrible.
    These are all painful things to say as I was such a big fan of all the other series.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    5hane wrote: »
    I've given the new show enough chances but it's just one mistake after another.
    The ball rolling towards the bleachers was the final straw for me. Also. The characters are really weak and the acting is horrible.
    These are all painful things to say as I was such a big fan of all the other series.

There as only been one ep at least for us brits. Not sure how many eps ahead US are. I certainly didn't mind the the first one.
    Forum Member
    Not sure how many eps ahead US are.
    Without checking I think it's two; but not more than three :)