Options

The Blacklist – Season 4 – Sky Living (UK Pace)

Comments

• Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dearmrman wrote: »
    I would find it very hard to believe that Red would make such a schoolboy error, if he wanted her dead she would be dead, otherwise for me they have just ruined his character.

I agree, I think he knew he hadn't killed her and that weirdo lived there. He wants her to suffer like he did.
  • Options
    marieukxxmarieukxx Posts: 4,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why Elizabeth doesn't offer her bone marrow?
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would find it very hard to believe that Red would make such a schoolboy error, if he wanted her dead she would be dead, otherwise for me they have just ruined his character.
    He might have unconsciously pulled his shot.

It looked like the man who found her didn't know who she was, so I doubt she was left alive deliberately.
  • Options
    dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    He might have unconsciously pulled his shot.

It looked like the man who found her didn't know who she was, so I doubt she was left alive deliberately.

Wouldn't buy it, he either left her alive or they have ruined his character...sorry but for me Red would get the job done and she would be dead if that was his intention.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has it ever been explained why Red calls her "Mr" Kaplan??
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stidds wrote: »
    She wasn't too bothered as she cannot stand the Liz character either.

I wish Liz had stayed dead.

She is awful.
  • Options
    PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    I can't be the only person who wished Liz had stayed dead

You sure aren't :)
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it ever been explained why Red calls her "Mr" Kaplan??

Not as far as I am aware.

If Red didn't mean to kill her then did he arrange for that weird man to "save" her and chain her up? I know we are supposed to see Red as some kind of anti-hero but I am sick of him now. He is a control freak, a narcissist and a bully. And his long winded stories were funny at first but they stopped being amusing a long time ago and are now just annoying.

I think when the story gets to the spin-off part I might quit this one and just watch the spin off. Tom is my favourite character anyway. That's if we get the spin-off here, of course.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't buy it, he either left her alive or they have ruined his character...sorry but for me Red would get the job done and she would be dead if that was his intention.

I completely agree. If Red had wanted her dead, he would have made sure of it.
    So either he just wanted to scare her to death and punish her for the betrayal, or the writers have completely ruined his character for me.
    I think when the story gets to the spin-off part I might quit this one and just watch the spin off. Tom is my favourite character anyway. That's if we get the spin-off here, of course.

I suspect we will. The Blacklist is almost consistently the most watched programme on Sky Living eacg week, they’d be mad not to pick up the spin off. Personally I don’t know how I feel about the spinoff, for me the programme is still about Reddington. I’m not sure I’d watch it without his character.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    The only issue I have is that, because he's in the spin-off, we know one character who won't get killed whatever 'danger' he's in. Oh well :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Red didn't mean to kill her then did he arrange for that weird man to "save" her and chain her up?
    I doubt it. That guy didn't seem to know who she was. I don't know Red knows she's still alive.
    I know we are supposed to see Red as some kind of anti-hero but I am sick of him now. He is a control freak, a narcissist and a bully.
    At the moment I want the show to end with him dying.

And Kirk isn't seeming that bad. DNA evidence aside, if he wasn't Lizzie's dad than he wouldn't want her as an organ donor. We thought he wanted those germs for nefarious purposes, but in fact he intended only to infect himself as a way to live longer without having to use Lizzie's organs. He's resisting harvesting the baby. He's got a point about getting Lizzie away from Red.

I'm expecting/hoping this is all just pacing and the situation will be reversed soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    I doubt it. That guy didn't seem to know who she was. I don't know Red knows she's still alive.

At the moment I want the show to end with him dying.

And Kirk isn't seeming that bad. DNA evidence aside, if he wasn't Lizzie's dad than he wouldn't want her as an organ donor. We thought he wanted those germs for nefarious purposes, but in fact he intended only to infect himself as a way to live longer without having to use Lizzie's organs. He's resisting harvesting the baby. He's got a point about getting Lizzie away from Red.

I'm expecting/hoping this is all just pacing and the situation will be reversed soon.

I think we are supposed to think he is a bit sorry now for what he did to Mr Kaplan. Dembe certainly has regrets for doing nothing to stop him. But even if they realise what's happened and rescue her now it will be too little too late for me as far as Red is concerned.
  • Options
    neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be the only person who wished Liz had stayed dead

Her character and poor acting have ruined Blacklist for me :( The series has completely lost focus and needs to 'pull its socks up'
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm losing my grip on this. But I'll hang on a bit longer and see how it goes....
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't remember all the back and forth about who Liz's father is anymore . I think they should've put that mystery to bed and moved onto others .

• Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just can't remember all the back and forth about who Liz's father is anymore . I think they should've put that mystery to bed and moved onto others

On a related note this is one of the few programmes that doesn’t have, but would benefit from, a ‘previously on The Blacklist’ at the start of each episode. If you’re watching week by week it’s sometimes hard to remember what revelations there were last week.
  • Options
    Baz_JamesBaz_James Posts: 4,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    On a related note this is one of the few programmes that doesn’t have, but would benefit from, a ‘previously on The Blacklist’ at the start of each episode. If you’re watching week by week it’s sometimes hard to remember what revelations there were last week.

There's a 'previously' in Ep 8 as it's the second slice of a two part story if that helps.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    But will that be included on the version they show on Sky Living as we are only on episode six today?

It's an ok episode this week with a few twists and turns but nothing shocking.Im slowly getting very bored of the whole Kirk storyline though!

Also the side story with Reds ex helper (sorry I've forgotten her name) but that just seems pointless and it's not relevant to the main story so I don't care

Well at least Liz has got her baby back to stop her moaning about that and I guess it gives Tom the excuse to disappear soon for the spin off show!

By the way has any UK channels picked up the spin off show which starts in America in February? I would assume Sky Living would do as it may link to the main show!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ I liked the episode a lot. I liked that Red is still insisting he's never lied to Lizzie, and that Kirk surrendered rather than risk the baby. The girlfriend being evil was predictable, but I liked that the nerd was suspicious of her and figured her out without being told. Mr Kaplan is busy healing, and although not much happened I want to know what she does when she's better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quack quack bitch

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really glad they didn't drag the 'find the baby' plotline out any longer. Was getting really bored with it.
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really glad they didn't drag the 'find the baby' plotline out any longer. Was getting really bored with it.

Me too and Red is only starting to get back to his own self again.

Poor Aram thinking he had finally found someone. Even Reissler's comment always thought she was too hot for him made me laugh.

The story involving Kirk is starting to get boring now. Felt sorry for Red when Liz told him Kirk was her biological father and Red kept saying he was your mother's husband which again makes me believe that Red must be her father. He even wants to be involved in the baby's life and why would he if he was a complete stranger to her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    julie2009 wrote: »
    The story involving Kirk is starting to get boring now.
    Agreed.
    Felt sorry for Red when Liz told him Kirk was her biological father and Red kept saying he was your mother's husband which again makes me believe that Red must be her father.
    I took that to mean the usual thing, echoed in other similar situations on other shows, that your father is the one who raised you, not necessarily by biology.
  • Options
    rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After three and a bit seasons I'm out I'm afraid! Just can't muster up any interest in it anymore and no longer care about any of the characters or what happens to them. Haven't bothered watching the last two eps and doubt I'll come back to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know about the rest of you but I couldn't care less who Liz's father is anymore.

If it's Red after all then we've been all around the mulberry bush for nothing all these years.

His obsession with her is creepy either way.