No Monty

hallchallc Posts: 200,430
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
The England team is in to play West Indies , in the 20/20 match and surprise surprise ...No Monty ...Have we not learned any thing from this winter??? He`s our best bowler ...just play him and see what he can do ... All the pundits say spinners have the most effect in 20/20 So we leave our best out....strange..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats English cricket for you, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Come on guys..........

Yes we know what Monty can do so in this Mickey Mouse slog fest lets try other guys...........

If Monty breaks a leg or something and is ruled out for six months we don't want to go down the road of picking someone with no experience..........
  • Faxy FowlerFaxy Fowler Posts: 17,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its not an immensely big deal. Though I would have preferred Doshi to Yardy as the spinning option....

....and local bias alert, Gary Keedy bowls beautifully in this form of cricket....suffers a bit from lack of batting.
  • hallchallc Posts: 200,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Yardy did OK , He is better with the bat than Monty but in this type of cricket wickets win matches, didn`t Colly bat well
  • Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England have made it clear that they will pick their 20/20 side from the ODI squad. I think it will be different when the 20/20 World Cup takes place but for these 2 games I guess its more importanat to keep the one day guys together and not take more players away from their counties.
  • Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hallc wrote: »
    I thought Yardy did OK , He is better with the bat than Monty but in this type of cricket wickets win matches, didn`t Colly bat well

Must admit I don't usually bother with the old 20-20.......always seems a bit like if they had 'rush goalies' at football to me.........

But I've changed my mind a bit watching Colly's valiant effort trying to get us over the line............did you see him berating himself, despite it being a near impossible situation, when he failed to connect properly in the last over thus rendering our total beyond reach?

Made me feel quite proud to see someone care so much.......let's hope his attitude conveys to the rest of the team........:)