Options

SCD Week 4 discussion thread (Saturday 27th October)

Comments

• Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was good to see improvements this week. Some contestants were good to start with, and others are now showing real signs of improving their dancing.
  • Options
    RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    blindside wrote: »
    Can you imagine the unutterable relief after Craig Kelly and Russell Grant :D

They really lifted the whole show which had been pretty flat to then. Well done to both.

But Louis was the dance of the night for me. Just been rewinding to look at that footwork again.

Whilst I think Flavia was genuinely fond of Russell, I remember her trying not to show how delusional she thought Craig was being... even when they went out and he was all "I was getting better" there was a flash of "reallllllly????" on her face.
    Hopefully their chemistry will improve - I have to agree with another poster that actually Victoria's tango surprisingly grabbed me more as she was making a real effort to put in a performance! She has a long way to go... but she is trying.

Same with Lisa - when I consider the moaning we had to put up with Widdy (a similarly large lady) who did not want to do anything resembling what she called "jungle mating rituals"... Lisa is just throwing herself into it - last night was maybe a speedy dance so far, but personally I am really enjoying watching her try.

Sid and Colin just seemed to go through the motions in their dances... Sid -understandable with the change of partner, and Colin - I don't know - I just expected more of a groove and musicality from him... I was actually disappointed.

Michael was the most improved for me - if you compare his attitude to Sid - he's just gotten his head down and really worked... although as we know - this week was not his fault...

No more themes now - just dances please!
  • Options
    tinselgirltinselgirl Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    I wish Bruce would stop saying "Look! "Look! after every competitor's dance. It's really annoying and serves no real purpose.

Totally agree. Please could whoever had a word with Darcey about her "Yahs" get to Bruce quickly before I throw someting through my telly.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed this week, but think maybe Louis's tango was a little overmarked.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dani has a hot little body. I was drooling during her "Velma" act.

Victoria also looked hot.

I've realised that when Darcey thinks you're crap, she'll give you a 5

That dress suited Dani better than the ones before.
  • Options
    Lola192000Lola192000 Posts: 3,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved Michael, Victoria & Kimberley :)
  • Options
    RedBaron06RedBaron06 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Hello,

I've been reading for weeks, maybe months....

It's great to see the 'party feel' on here on a Saturday night while the programme is on.

I (we - OH won't admit to sitting watching it with me and criticising as it goes) agree with many of the comments people make - Brucie's jokes...... silly scenarios between dances... the singers.... but the thing that really annoys me is the audience clapping along to the music! It really spoils the atmosphere at home - I've no idea who in the studio thinks it's a good idea to get them to join in.... out of time....

Loving Lewis this year - he's really improving and getting into it - and his hair looks as if it's growing back....I hope so.....

Denise and Kimberley are good - but I have reservations about their 'amateur' status!

Michael was much better last night - but don't know if he'll ever be a Latin' dancer.

Lisa is much more fun that I expected - but not sure how good she'll be a some of the ballroom.

Sid is too wooden and Colin - well, he's too tall to look comfortable!

No predictions on a winner from me though,
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Overmarked.
    Hmmm slight overmarking....
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I love Louis and Flavia and I really like Flavia's tangos, but I don't think that was worth a 9.
    The judges gave 8's for lesser performances so they had nowhere else to go really.
  • Options
    frell-tasticfrell-tastic Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think that both Victoria and Louis were over marked (slightly) but the overall leaderboard seemed fair. Love Michael and Natalie's partnership and the fact that Victoria is making obvious improvement. Thought Denise was a bit careful with the dancing and OTT with the acting! Can't wait to see how good Louis gets.
  • Options
    nvellanvella Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best show of the series so far for me. Much better themed than last weeks, really enjoyed it, and I thought the top 4 were all about right as well.... :-)

That's funny - I thought it was the worst I have seen. Hate the stupid vts which assume viewers have the attention span of a gnat; hate the stupid, inappropriate music which must make it harder for new dancers to get into spirit of the dances and hate bloody Bruce and his unfunny jokes. There - feel better now!
  • Options
    WinsomeWinsome Posts: 12,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RedBaron06 wrote: »
    Hello,

I've been reading for weeks, maybe months....

It's great to see the 'party feel' on here on a Saturday night while the programme is on.

I (we - OH won't admit to sitting watching it with me and criticising as it goes) agree with many of the comments people make - Brucie's jokes...... silly scenarios between dances... the singers.... but the thing that really annoys me is the audience clapping along to the music! It really spoils the atmosphere at home - I've no idea who in the studio thinks it's a good idea to get them to join in.... out of time....

Loving Lewis this year - he's really improving and getting into it - and his hair looks as if it's growing back....I hope so.....

Denise and Kimberley are good - but I have reservations about their 'amateur' status!

Michael was much better last night - but don't know if he'll ever be a Latin' dancer.

Lisa is much more fun that I expected - but not sure how good she'll be a some of the ballroom.

Sid is too wooden and Colin - well, he's too tall to look comfortable!

No predictions on a winner from me though,
    Welcome to the forum!
    and Goodevening all :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winsome wrote: »
    Welcome to the forum!
    and Goodevening all :)

Evening to you too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Paloma is mad as a box of frogs but i do like her voice :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love those little judges bits :D
  • Options
    PurpleTurtlePurpleTurtle Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem's face seemed to say "Thank **** for that!", lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to say, for someone who showed promise at the beginning, I have been very disappointed in Sid. I know he was at a disadvantage this week, but still...
    Hope Colin stays, he is at least easy on the eye :o:D
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    Bye Sid!
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    And that's why Len should not have the final decision IMO.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Farewell Ola :(. The hottie has been voted off.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    CornishDunkCornishDunk Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    At least that means we won't have to put up with Tess calling her "Oh-La" every week......
  • Options
    StrictlyRedStrictlyRed Posts: 12,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least that means we won't have to put up with Tess calling her "Oh-La" every week......

You'd think she would know after 7 years, wouldn't you?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    CornishDunkCornishDunk Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    You'd think wouldn't you....hahaha.....does she not listen to how Ola herself pronounces it???
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that's why Len should not have the final decision IMO.

Quite so. A bit of EastEnders solidarity. And so inconsistent when he said Lisa's lack of technique in the Charleston didn't matter as it was just a bit of fun.

The man has lost the plot. But he was never a salsa dancer and never will be so clueless on Latin.
  • Options
    henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CBeeN wrote: »
    I know Paloma is mad as a box of frogs but i do like her voice :D

Paloma is the best British singer this century. She should have been at the Olympics and Jubilee.

But yes a nutcase on screen and stage. Very ambitious I understand so all an act.