Any advice, been vomiting.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
Hiya Everyone.

Sorry for a graphic thread :o but I just wanted to ask a few opinions.

I started feeling sick at 6 this morning, which erupted into a puke fest at 8:30, I continued to feel really crap, so my Mum went and got me some Buccastem M tablets, I took two, slept on the sofa for about 4 hours, and now I'm feeling - ok, I'm not feeling sick as such, but my stomach does feel very weak.

I am wondering if anybody knows much about this sort of thing? Is it possible to be over an illness this quickly? I am hungry which is not helping, but I'm too scared to eat, worth the risk or not?

It seems to soon to be over it, or maybe the Buccastems are just blocking the symptoms, to eat or not to eat, that is that question?

Comments

• WizsisterWizsister Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    It literally could be anything that's caused sickness. I always have porridge after puking to line my stomach but I know some people might say milk is the worst thing.
    You could try some toast but I would avoid spicey foods and such. Drink water too to avoid dehydration.
  • ToriamathToriamath Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah have some toast (if you haven't already had something by now), that's always what I have after feeling/being sick. If you still feel alright after that and you're still hungry you could eat something else a bit later.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    Youre hungry? Eat !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Thanks guys n gals,

I have eaten about half a slice of toast 40 mins ago, I feel fine, just hungrier :D

I am beginning to think it was due to a large amount of overeating yesterday :o

Feeling 80% better than this morning though, good ol' DS I knew you'd have the answer.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    You know your body better than we do.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dry toast is good. Personally - unless I absolutely had to be up and functioning - I wouldn't take anti nausea meds. Imo it's best to get rid of whatever caused it :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 564
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you wake up with an empty stomach, unless you can eat in your sleep, its not a good idea to brush your teeth as the tootpaste reacts with the bile in your stomach making you vom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Dry toast is good. Personally - unless I absolutely had to be up and functioning - I wouldn't take anti nausea meds. Imo it's best to get rid of whatever caused it :eek:

I did wonder about taking the meds, part of me felt I should let things run their course, but on the other hand, if I can take the meds and feel ok, I'm hoping whatever has caused it will come to a natural end anyway (Contributing factor I think was too much food)

Dry toast, and soup is on the menu tonight :D
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you be pregnant?